Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
May 5
Demon

Share This Page

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage, from A small hut in the forest

Veteran

It's very hard to test what happens if you lose your game when your natural instinct is to try to win. Nov 10, 2019

HexMozart88 was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Nov 22, 2019 at 12:56 PM
    1. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      How do you put an animated GIF on here? Mine never animate. 
      1. View previous comments...
      2. AnimaScorpius
        AnimaScorpius
        I think he means in an avatar.
        Nov 24, 2016
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        I mean both actually. Because I've been working on some animations lately, and I kind of wanted to start an art thread. And if I can do it for my avatar, that'd be great too.  :)
        Nov 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. AnimaScorpius
        AnimaScorpius
        Well if you get the answer, its gonna help me too :p
        Nov 24, 2016
    2. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Ah, struggles of art. When you know your lines are straight but can't tell if they're perfectly vertical on the page. 
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        :(  I like drawing by hand and still do it before doing a digital drawing but doing stuff on the computer definitely eliminates some of the issues you can have.
        Nov 19, 2016
    3. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Well, I just read somewhere that there are too many horror RM games out there. *Hides messed up RM game* What? Horror? Don't know what you're talking about!  :rswt:
      2. Euphony
        Euphony
        I dunno about too many, but they definitely seem like a popular thing to make, especially considering the developer (usually) doesn't have to worry about battles and stats and skill formulas and all that epic RPG stuff that can start to get really tedious. Less chance of getting worn out on the project and giving up, I suppose?
        Nov 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        @Euphony Interesting point. Although, I would say that for giving up all that rpg heavy stuff, environment and writing become all the more important. Puzzles to if there are those in the game.
        Nov 18, 2016
      4. mlogan
        mlogan
        I'm curious though, how many of them are *good* RM horror games. I think RM is a difficult engine for making a decent horror game. That being said, I've not played any of these, so I don't know. Just speculating.
        Nov 18, 2016
        2 people like this.
    4. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Ah, chibi, so much fun, and so impossibly adorable in the end. I've decided to do all my shopkeepers, tavernkeepers, etc as chibi (I need some lightheartedness in my game, or it'll all be depressing trash). It was fun, and actually didn't take me a long time. I'm debating... should I do my battle HUD's in this style? Ahh, I'm so conflicted! 
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        51823.IPB

Yup, it is fun.
        Nov 12, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    5. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Ah... and here's the debate. Should I put up my game in Project Development or Early Project Feedback? I'm not sure, because I'm not that early in it, but I'm not really at the demo stage either. Decisions, decisions...
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Well if you can't conceive of a demo being offered, I wouldn't put it in project development. Going along with that a good Demo length to me for a game that is at least a a few hours in scope is probably 30min to an hour or one chapter/section of the game.
        Nov 8, 2016
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        I'd go with Early Project Feedback, since there is no demo yet. You can always report it and ask it to be moved when it is ready to go to project development, as long as it meets the guidelines for that section too.
        Nov 8, 2016
      3. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Nov 8, 2016
    6. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Man, I'm seeing these entries, and they all seem more like full time projects than two week games. It's like, "how do you make this in this short amount of time?" I'm having doubts. 
    7. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Download is up for my game after countless attempts at compression.  :) :dizzy:
      1. 1 person likes this.
    8. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Finished my submission. Just need to wait for my thread to get approved and I'm good to go.  :)
      1. 3 people like this.
      2. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        Can't wait! ?
        Nov 3, 2016
    9. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      OK, so I haven't started my game for the contest. I have, however, figured out how to use the main script my game's based around, so at least that's a start. Trust me. I--I'm not completely lost. Just-- just trust. XD
      1. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Hey, start noooww. :p  Jokes aside, that's a good start, now you gotta implement it!
        Oct 27, 2016
        2 people like this.
    10. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Yo! I knew XP was on sale, but I never knew it'd be such a steal! I just got it for five bucks! 
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. Marquise*
        Marquise*
        When I feel I just stole from Degica in a sale I just sprite the missing sprites :p
        Oct 26, 2016
    11. RHachicho
      RHachicho
      Hey man Rpgmaker xp is 80% off on steam right now :) I remember you had trouble with a sprite a while back.
    12. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Trying to work on my game, and I'm like, "You will never win, procrastination! Never! I will fight to the bitter end... later." 
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Another Lee quote for you:

http://www.positivitytosuccess.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/bruce-lee-quotes-5.jpg

Oct 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      3. Mage Heart
        Mage Heart
        I know how you feel. ;_;
        Oct 22, 2016
      4. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Eh, we have all been faced against the final boss of gamemaking, procrastination. It has a weakness against Physical moves.

Seriously, it happens a lot to me too, I'm always like "Okay let's continue the game ! I'll just immerse myself in my project first !"

Then I replay the last 10 minutes or so. And when it's done :

"Alright, let's......not do that. Imma go look up stuff on YouTube instead !"
        Oct 22, 2016
    13. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88

http://phota.me/hZ0G.jpg

Sheer amount of little girls? Kawaii desu ne? Uh... uh... I have no idea what you're talking about. 

44798.IPB

46274.IPB

What?! How did these get there?!  :o
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Woooow, you're right ! I never noticed ! JRPGs nowadays are way more weaboo and fanservice-based than old ones ! Or maybe that's just because old ones had way too many limitations. Or maybe weaboos were born because of Internet and Internet only, so old JRPGs such as Chrono Trigger (I recognized yay) were not "pressured" by the growing influence of a certain group of people *cough cough*

Oh, and don't worry, every RPG has at least one or two little anime girls.

(As long as you don't break Touhou's record you should be fine.)
        Oct 21, 2016
    14. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Why am I so bad at MV's battle system?! Every game I've play tested, I've died really early on because my attacks do nothing.  :(
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Everyone else's that I've beta tested. Could be because I don't have MV, so I don't get to practice, but still, I'd die in three turns! 
        Oct 19, 2016
      3. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Hmm, maybe just the games you are playing. You having MV shouldn't really effect how skilled you are at playing rpgs made in MV if you've played a decent number of rpgs otherwise.
        Oct 19, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        True, especially since I've played the one in Ace countless times and I haven't died once. And this is essentially the same concept. 
        Oct 19, 2016
    15. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Since when do I have 600 posts?! Jeez. I really have no life.  :(  
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Ah, it gets easy to rack them up some time, posting in month and goals or map screenshots threads or putting up status updates.
        Oct 16, 2016
    16. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      So nervous... I'm trying to do sprites, I think I'm going to draw them... but don't know how they'll look... (oddly enough, I can make anything with pixel art except people. Go figure.)
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Finding a base to start off of is usually how a lot of people get into it to begin with, then they expand from there. Never tried myself though. After drawing character portraits and battlers, I didn't have the energy for spriting lol. Might try though for MV when I go to it.
        Oct 16, 2016
    17. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      What is it with the weird dates on some of the user pages? Like, on Archeia's page, it says she hasn't visited since May, but she was just on. It says the same for Yanfly too. Apparently they haven't visited since January. But I swear they were on just yesterday. 
      2. Archeia
        Archeia
        Magic!  :rock-right:
        Oct 12, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        @bgillisp I don't think so. For example, yours says for me "4 minutes ago", but I didn't visit you 4 minutes ago. Archeia's always says May 5 for me, no matter how many times I go to it.
        Oct 12, 2016
      4. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        And I wasn't even a member in January. But sure enough, it always says January 18th on Yanfly's page. 
        Oct 12, 2016
    18. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Who else here has horrible posture? I'm not even joking. I have to have broken some sort of record. Is it just a thing with game developers? Or is it just because of my inability to read code without leaning in?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Ah. You guys are gonna have to get over looking at people's eyes! That is how you communicate! Veeeeeerrrrrry offensive to look away when people talk to you! :p

Anyway, best of luck with this whole thing!
        Oct 12, 2016
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        Depends on the culture, actually.
        Oct 12, 2016
      5. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        @sharm Semantics! :p

But to clarify, I'd say in the USA/Canada, at any rate.  (Most western/modern cultures)
        Oct 12, 2016
    19. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      My game-making cycle: 

> Dream up an extravagant idea while doing something random

> Try to implement said idea and having no idea where to start

> Failing Miserably after getting lost

> Crying for ten or so minutes

> Stopping

> Thinking of a different extravagant idea... which probably will turn out the same way. 
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Oh.

Sad, but not inaccurate.

That's probably why I started thinking more rationally on my projects recently.
        Oct 11, 2016
    20. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Don't you just love parodies? 

Watched this three times. Good job guys. 
      1. 1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 5
    Demon
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Likes: Drawing, composing, video games, J-rock and Vocaloid (Mostly MOTHY songs) Obsessions: "Twitch" games(reflex games), RPG Maker

Signature

No, I'm not actually Mozart reincarnate, but I can make some OK garbage.

My shop for GUI and events:
    [​IMG]

My art thread which people seem to like more than I do:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hexs-art-sure.75657/

My project:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]