Awarded Medals 1

Birthday:
May 5
Demon

Share This Page

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage, from A small hut in the forest

Veteran

It's very hard to test what happens if you lose your game when your natural instinct is to try to win. Nov 10, 2019

HexMozart88 was last seen:
Viewing forum list, Dec 6, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    1. KayZaman
      KayZaman
      :kaohi:Touch your horn.
      1. HexMozart88 likes this.
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        :kaoback: AHHH!!! My finger!!!
        Feb 24, 2017
        HexMozart88 likes this.
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Ha ha. Demon horns are poisoned, and when you're poisoned, claw machines are extra rigged against you. You remember that little doll you lost? You'll regret that soon.
        Feb 24, 2017
        KayZaman likes this.
      4. KayZaman
        Feb 24, 2017
    2. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      You know, sometimes being ambidextrous stinks. There's always someone who tells me to do XYZ with my other hand. It doesn't work that way.
      1. LxCharon likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        My hand usage isn't influenced by anything. For example, the entire time I was in grade school there was a push to make sure kids weren't being excluded for being left handed and so had the supplies they would most easily use. What this should have meant was that everyone who wanted to could pick up a pair of left handed scissors.
        Feb 24, 2017
      4. Sharm
        Sharm
        What it actually meant was that there were never enough right handed scissors for the entire class but there were always extra left pairs and so someone had to use the wrong kind. Since I wrote with my left hand I was often forced to use the left handed pairs and I always hated it. I am not a left handed scissor user.
        Feb 24, 2017
      5. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        I write and draw with both hands, I use my mouse right-handed, I throw right-handed, I bat left-handed, I knit left-handed, and I eat with both. Left is my preferred for writing, but I can use both. Yeah, I was always told I needed to knit with my right hand because left-hand knitting is disgusting apparently.
        Feb 24, 2017
        LxCharon likes this.
    3. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Phew, it's been awhile since I've gotten on here. When the new forums came it logged me out and I couldn't find my password.
      1. Reapergurl likes this.
      2. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Welcome back, my dear.

I know what it's like to lose such information. It's why I got better at filing by having it be what I do in Real Life for an everyday job.
        Feb 20, 2017
    4. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Ahh... Can I just tell you that there is nothing like French toast sticks after an art exam? 
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        Sounds yummy.

I had to eat fast food because that is what (mostly) everyone in the car wanted.

That's alright; I got pizza for later. And wine.
        Jan 26, 2017
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Ooh, pizza's pretty good too, but considering I didn't exactly have a big breakfast, and my exams finished at ten thirty AM, those hit the spot. 
        Jan 26, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      4. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        French toast sticks? Long time no cook. 
        Jan 26, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    5. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Ah, man. That sense of accomplishment when you finally learn a song you've been trying to learn for the longest while. Had to make the cover by myself because all of the covers I heard were messed up in some way or another. I'm very picky with details when it comes to song covers. But, now I'll need to score it so I remember it. Not fun. :distrust:  
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. GoodSelf
        GoodSelf
        I do cover songs too!  :D
        Check out my instagram @GoodSelfOfficial
        Jan 22, 2017
    6. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      I've always been a complete sucker for 80's arcade games, but I've had a lot more cravings than usual. I was playing Centipede just a few minutes ago. Just got an SNES controller so I can play some Donkey Kong Country. Haven't even opened the controller yet, but I feel strangely compelled to do so in the near future. 
      1. 4 people like this.
      2. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        U mean like this?

Jan 16, 2017
    7. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      New profile pic, courtesy of @Bitschi. No idea why it came out so blurry before. 
      1. View previous comments...
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        *Gives you a funny look* "Get off me scum, I'm not ready to mate."  
        Jan 13, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      3. Amysaurus
        Amysaurus
        Cute! Errr.... cool! I'm not sure which is the better word here :D  
        Jan 13, 2017
      4. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        "I'm not ready to mate"

Huh?!
        Jan 13, 2017
        1 person likes this.
    8. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Tried some Harvest Moon on my DS. Haven't played it in so long and it confuses the heck out of me. How do I even get money in this game? I don't even have anything to sell! Truth be told, though, one of the only reasons I play it is so I can do voice impressions of all the characters based on what they look like. XD And it's quite fun to do so. 
      1. taarna23
        taarna23
        At the beginning just run around and pick up random stuff laying around to sell.
        Jan 2, 2017
        1 person likes this.
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Fair enough, I guess.  I can get some stuff in my farm, probably. Or in the mines.  
        Jan 2, 2017
      3. taarna23
        taarna23
        Should be a forest area you can just run around and pick up random stuff too. The town will often have the odd thing sitting in grassy areas.
        Jan 2, 2017
    9. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Twelve O' eight here. Happy New Year guys!  :D
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        1 AM In France. Happy New Year !
        Jan 1, 2017
    10. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Two hours left... Trying to get as much stuff done as possible before midnight. 
      2. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Heh. Happy New Year then. 11:00 here. 
        Jan 1, 2017
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Aahh... minute and a half...
        Jan 1, 2017
      4. Knayter
        Knayter
        Happy New Year! 
        Jan 1, 2017
    11. rexchance123
      rexchance123
      hi i am pretty interested and would like to join you in you in your project i dont want money i just wanna learn from you
    12. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Working on an intro scene for my game. It's taken me at least six hours, and I'm still not even done the first frame. Why must animation be so time-consuming? 
    13. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Hmm... do you think Santa knows what Copic markers are? (Just kidding, but I am hoping that I get some from somewhere. That way I don't have to digitally colour everything.) 
    14. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      I made my weeaboo friend a tsundere Christmas card. She laughed a lot at first, but then she started hugging me, and then I felt bad because I was so tense (I hate hugs) and she felt bad because she didn't get me anything back (even though I told her it was fine, and technically she did give me some gingerbread).

*This has been Awkward Meetings with Hex. Tune in next time, because there definitely will be a next time.* 

http://images6.fanpop.com/image/answers/3032000/3032756_1349527971305.9res_400_300.jpg
      1. 1 person likes this.
    15. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      My friend asked me once why I wasn't my normal "bubbly" self. I was thoroughly concerned about the amount of attention she'd actually been paying to my personality.  Seriously though, I think this avatar resembles me perfectly. 
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Tai_MT
        Tai_MT
        I... wish I could relate, to be honest.  I don't really have friends so close to me that they'd notice when something was "off" or even notice that I have some kind of "dominant emotion" that I wear all the time.

Well, okay, I got one.  But, to her, my dominant emotion and personality is "amazing".  So, I catch flak when I'm being "not amazing".  No idea how that works, but it's nice when others feel positive things about you when it's hard to feel them for yourself.
        Dec 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Reapergurl
        Reapergurl
        @HexMozart88 I am so with you right there on the whole 'friend thinks I'm going down' thing...

More often than not, I am a very naughty and kinky girl. *bites finger*

It's cold outside...that's one reason why I feel quite unwell...

And now I've got that Matchbox Twenty song stuck in my head (that's okay - it's a good song).
        Dec 22, 2016
      5. Blackyu
        Blackyu
        Oh, you know what ? My friends analyse a lot too, my face looks always like it's under anesthesia. I have small, slightly opened and tired eyes. Everyone around me starts to notice that I have problems. My main problem is insomnia. Of course, quite annoying. I am stoic and cartesian (methodical + rational) by default, but I can have a better mood with lots of guaranteed laughs with my friends. They know when something's wrong when they see my eyes about to cry or my head bending over to touch the wall.

Things like depression are the least of my worries, actually. At least I stay the same...
        Dec 22, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    16. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      As I attempt to do I title screen traditionally rather than digitally... This is going to take a while. 
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        I just realized... attempt to do I title screen. I meant title screen. Man, I must be sicker than I thought. 
        Dec 18, 2016
    17. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      My gosh. That was s much harder than it needed to be. All I wanted to do was change my profile picture, but all my images are too big!  ;_;  Except for this one, and one other which I clicked by accident. Temporary pic, until I can get an image small enough. 
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        There we go! Cropped it to just the face (so no one would see that I failed the body proportions. :rswt: ) It's very hard finding pictures to put on here when for whatever reason it's only allowing you 0.34 Mb.  :distrust:
        Dec 15, 2016
    18. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      I don't even know what genre my game is. I feel like that's a bit sad. I mean, I originally intended it to be fantasy-ish, now I really don't know. There are some fantasy aspects (dragons as pets, magic powers, fun stuff like that), but it's also really depressing and dark. And it has some horror aspects (glitchy sounding music, really deranged and messed up enemy) and some actual historical aspects of medieval times. 
      1. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Narrowing your focus is usually a good thing because when you try to do too much you thin out on each aspect too much. That being said some hybrid games like that which seem like they shouldn't work turn out great.
        Dec 5, 2016
    19. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      I wonder what my art teacher's going to say when she finds a drawing of an Iron Maiden (no, I don't mean the band) in my sketchbook. Hopefully she'll understand when I tell her it's for my game.  :p
      2. PixelHeart
        PixelHeart
        One time when I was in 6-7th grade, I drew a picture of a LOZ character, Vatii I think it was....I also had several pics of swords from various anime shows and games in the same book....anyway, my teacher saw it and she became hysterical and dragged me to the counselors office where she interrogated me for an hour about what the drawing meant...I cried. =<
        Dec 1, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        Ouch. >.<
        Dec 1, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. saintivan
        saintivan
        Anime is one the most important forms of art in modern times. Not everyone appreciates it, but it should be respected as artistic expression equal to other forms of drawing.
        Dec 1, 2016
        2 people like this.
    20. HexMozart88
      HexMozart88
      Just when I thought I was actually getting somewhere in my game, turns out to have impossible amounts of glitches, and my battle system is boring. Great... And I was kind of hoping for it to be fun too, because I wasted like twenty switches on that thing.  :distrust:
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Not really, if its your first project, these types of mistakes are common; a lot of people try to run before they have even learned to crawl. I don't know what to say about the battle system since I'm not sure exactly what you are going for but sometimes something simple is good to. One of my history teachers in middle school years ago would always say K.I.S.S. No not the band, meaning Keep it Simple Stupid. 

If you can salvage something and think its worth doing then don't give up on it. At least its not a script glitch/bug, switches and such can be fixed without needing special knowledge.
        Nov 30, 2016
      3. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        At the time, it was actually my second game (my first game was even worse  :p ), but now it's more like my fifth to be honest. I've worked on so many in between that this is no longer my second game and all of my mistakes that I made when I started are cringe worthy now. I did technically restart at one point, but i didn't feel like restarting the dialogue so that was practically the only thing I left back. Meh, I guess it's to be expected with someone with a personality like mine. 

As far as my battle system goes, I was aiming for a twitchy game type, and it was based a bit on this game, but I tried playing through that one and it was so hard, I knew I wouldn't be able to even play test my own game, so I simplified it, making an even version of that, but with one button at a time. But to be honest, I realize that isn't really my style. I though it was because it's so fast paced, but I guess I'm more like the dodge left and right/button mashing kind of person, like Pac-Man, and beat-em-up games where all I have to do is mash A. So, I'm going to try something a bit more button-mash -- y(?) for my battle system. I'm also trying to brainstorm a medieval death penalty, because there is an execution later on, though at this point, with all the work I have to do with what I've got, I don't think I'm getting there any time soon.  
        Nov 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Well, I hope you figure something out. 
        Nov 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    May 5
    Demon
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Interests:
    Likes: Drawing, composing, video games, J-rock and Vocaloid (Mostly MOTHY songs) Obsessions: "Twitch" games(reflex games), RPG Maker

Signature

No, I'm not actually Mozart reincarnate, but I can make some OK garbage.

My shop for GUI and events:
    [​IMG]

My art thread which people seem to like more than I do:
    https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/hexs-art-sure.75657/

My project:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]