HexMozart88
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Hmm... do you think Santa knows what Copic markers are? (Just kidding, but I am hoping that I get some from somewhere. That way I don't have to digitally colour everything.) 
    I made my weeaboo friend a tsundere Christmas card. She laughed a lot at first, but then she started hugging me, and then I felt bad because I was so tense (I hate hugs) and she felt bad because she didn't get me anything back (even though I told her it was fine, and technically she did give me some gingerbread).

*This has been Awkward Meetings with Hex. Tune in next time, because there definitely will be a next time.* 

3032756_1349527971305.9res_400_300.jpg
    My friend asked me once why I wasn't my normal "bubbly" self. I was thoroughly concerned about the amount of attention she'd actually been paying to my personality.  Seriously though, I think this avatar resembles me perfectly. 
    Reactions: 2 people
    Tai_MT
    Tai_MT
    I... wish I could relate, to be honest.  I don't really have friends so close to me that they'd notice when something was "off" or even notice that I have some kind of "dominant emotion" that I wear all the time.

Well, okay, I got one.  But, to her, my dominant emotion and personality is "amazing".  So, I catch flak when I'm being "not amazing".  No idea how that works, but it's nice when others feel positive things about you when it's hard to feel them for yourself.
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    @HexMozart88 I am so with you right there on the whole 'friend thinks I'm going down' thing...

More often than not, I am a very naughty and kinky girl. *bites finger*

It's cold outside...that's one reason why I feel quite unwell...

And now I've got that Matchbox Twenty song stuck in my head (that's okay - it's a good song).
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    Oh, you know what ? My friends analyse a lot too, my face looks always like it's under anesthesia. I have small, slightly opened and tired eyes. Everyone around me starts to notice that I have problems. My main problem is insomnia. Of course, quite annoying. I am stoic and cartesian (methodical + rational) by default, but I can have a better mood with lots of guaranteed laughs with my friends. They know when something's wrong when they see my eyes about to cry or my head bending over to touch the wall.

Things like depression are the least of my worries, actually. At least I stay the same...
    As I attempt to do I title screen traditionally rather than digitally... This is going to take a while. 
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I just realized... attempt to do I title screen. I meant title screen. Man, I must be sicker than I thought. 
    My gosh. That was s much harder than it needed to be. All I wanted to do was change my profile picture, but all my images are too big!  ;_;  Except for this one, and one other which I clicked by accident. Temporary pic, until I can get an image small enough. 
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    There we go! Cropped it to just the face (so no one would see that I failed the body proportions. :rswt: ) It's very hard finding pictures to put on here when for whatever reason it's only allowing you 0.34 Mb.  :distrust:
    I don't even know what genre my game is. I feel like that's a bit sad. I mean, I originally intended it to be fantasy-ish, now I really don't know. There are some fantasy aspects (dragons as pets, magic powers, fun stuff like that), but it's also really depressing and dark. And it has some horror aspects (glitchy sounding music, really deranged and messed up enemy) and some actual historical aspects of medieval times. 
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Narrowing your focus is usually a good thing because when you try to do too much you thin out on each aspect too much. That being said some hybrid games like that which seem like they shouldn't work turn out great.
    I wonder what my art teacher's going to say when she finds a drawing of an Iron Maiden (no, I don't mean the band) in my sketchbook. Hopefully she'll understand when I tell her it's for my game.  :p
    Bastrophian
    Bastrophian
    One time when I was in 6-7th grade, I drew a picture of a LOZ character, Vatii I think it was....I also had several pics of swords from various anime shows and games in the same book....anyway, my teacher saw it and she became hysterical and dragged me to the counselors office where she interrogated me for an hour about what the drawing meant...I cried. =<
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Ouch. >.<
    saintivan
    saintivan
    Anime is one the most important forms of art in modern times. Not everyone appreciates it, but it should be respected as artistic expression equal to other forms of drawing.
    Just when I thought I was actually getting somewhere in my game, turns out to have impossible amounts of glitches, and my battle system is boring. Great... And I was kind of hoping for it to be fun too, because I wasted like twenty switches on that thing.  :distrust:
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Not really, if its your first project, these types of mistakes are common; a lot of people try to run before they have even learned to crawl. I don't know what to say about the battle system since I'm not sure exactly what you are going for but sometimes something simple is good to. One of my history teachers in middle school years ago would always say K.I.S.S. No not the band, meaning Keep it Simple Stupid. 

If you can salvage something and think its worth doing then don't give up on it. At least its not a script glitch/bug, switches and such can be fixed without needing special knowledge.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    At the time, it was actually my second game (my first game was even worse  :p ), but now it's more like my fifth to be honest. I've worked on so many in between that this is no longer my second game and all of my mistakes that I made when I started are cringe worthy now. I did technically restart at one point, but i didn't feel like restarting the dialogue so that was practically the only thing I left back. Meh, I guess it's to be expected with someone with a personality like mine. 

As far as my battle system goes, I was aiming for a twitchy game type, and it was based a bit on this game, but I tried playing through that one and it was so hard, I knew I wouldn't be able to even play test my own game, so I simplified it, making an even version of that, but with one button at a time. But to be honest, I realize that isn't really my style. I though it was because it's so fast paced, but I guess I'm more like the dodge left and right/button mashing kind of person, like Pac-Man, and beat-em-up games where all I have to do is mash A. So, I'm going to try something a bit more button-mash -- y(?) for my battle system. I'm also trying to brainstorm a medieval death penalty, because there is an execution later on, though at this point, with all the work I have to do with what I've got, I don't think I'm getting there any time soon.  
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Well, I hope you figure something out. 
    Ah, struggles of art. When you know your lines are straight but can't tell if they're perfectly vertical on the page. 
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    :(  I like drawing by hand and still do it before doing a digital drawing but doing stuff on the computer definitely eliminates some of the issues you can have.
    Well, I just read somewhere that there are too many horror RM games out there. *Hides messed up RM game* What? Horror? Don't know what you're talking about!  :rswt:
    Euphony
    Euphony
    I dunno about too many, but they definitely seem like a popular thing to make, especially considering the developer (usually) doesn't have to worry about battles and stats and skill formulas and all that epic RPG stuff that can start to get really tedious. Less chance of getting worn out on the project and giving up, I suppose?
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    @Euphony Interesting point. Although, I would say that for giving up all that rpg heavy stuff, environment and writing become all the more important. Puzzles to if there are those in the game.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    I'm curious though, how many of them are *good* RM horror games. I think RM is a difficult engine for making a decent horror game. That being said, I've not played any of these, so I don't know. Just speculating.
    Ah, chibi, so much fun, and so impossibly adorable in the end. I've decided to do all my shopkeepers, tavernkeepers, etc as chibi (I need some lightheartedness in my game, or it'll all be depressing trash). It was fun, and actually didn't take me a long time. I'm debating... should I do my battle HUD's in this style? Ahh, I'm so conflicted! 
    Ah... and here's the debate. Should I put up my game in Project Development or Early Project Feedback? I'm not sure, because I'm not that early in it, but I'm not really at the demo stage either. Decisions, decisions...
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Well if you can't conceive of a demo being offered, I wouldn't put it in project development. Going along with that a good Demo length to me for a game that is at least a a few hours in scope is probably 30min to an hour or one chapter/section of the game.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    I'd go with Early Project Feedback, since there is no demo yet. You can always report it and ask it to be moved when it is ready to go to project development, as long as it meets the guidelines for that section too.
    KayZaman
    KayZaman
    Man, I'm seeing these entries, and they all seem more like full time projects than two week games. It's like, "how do you make this in this short amount of time?" I'm having doubts. 
    OK, so I haven't started my game for the contest. I have, however, figured out how to use the main script my game's based around, so at least that's a start. Trust me. I--I'm not completely lost. Just-- just trust. XD
    Marsigne
    Marsigne
    Hey, start noooww. :p  Jokes aside, that's a good start, now you gotta implement it!
    Yo! I knew XP was on sale, but I never knew it'd be such a steal! I just got it for five bucks! 
    Reactions: 4 people
    Marquise*
    Marquise*
    When I feel I just stole from Degica in a sale I just sprite the missing sprites :p
    Hey man Rpgmaker xp is 80% off on steam right now :) I remember you had trouble with a sprite a while back.
    Trying to work on my game, and I'm like, "You will never win, procrastination! Never! I will fight to the bitter end... later." 
    Reactions: 1 person
    Vox Novus
    Vox Novus
    Another Lee quote for you:

bruce-lee-quotes-5.jpg
    Mage Heart
    Mage Heart
    I know how you feel. ;_;
    Blackyu
    Blackyu
    Eh, we have all been faced against the final boss of gamemaking, procrastination. It has a weakness against Physical moves.

Seriously, it happens a lot to me too, I'm always like "Okay let's continue the game ! I'll just immerse myself in my project first !"

Then I replay the last 10 minutes or so. And when it's done :

"Alright, let's......not do that. Imma go look up stuff on YouTube instead !"
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

That awkward moment when you're talking about thinking about writing a limited shop stock plugin for MZ and then find out you already wrote one...last May. My memory is so bad.
When I open my project and I'm like, hell yeah.
Some drawings I made in Lapis, one day I intend to involve them in some RPG Maker project.
* maybe two wall frames
*or some sprite flower tiara, or maybe it inspires someone to do something.
bdd19b62e539d17b3b00cc3d63034f7d.jpg

fcca5c8471b34483da8e032cfe579275.jpg
Step by step, I am coming back.

memorial.png
MasterTenchi wrote on Pixeldrama's profile.
Do you happen to have any of the two lockpicking minigames in RPG Maker MZ format?
I'd love to use them both in my game, and the only ones I've found are yours, but they are in MV format. Strange no one has made a single one for MZ yet. I am hoping you have - but just on the down-low.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cc_trash