HexMozart88
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Awarded medals About

• Even though both red and blue text are reserved for mods, I've really only ever seen them write in blue. Is there a reason for that?
    Reactions: Reapergurl
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Blue is mod voice. Red is "no, really, cut it out before we smite you" voice.
    mogwai
    mogwai
    I didn't know what you were talking about (red and blue) until I just notice that's what the mods are posting. It reminds me of the black pens in state reserved for staff. I had to doodle with only blue pens. It was like my Blue Period in art.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    @mogwai I had an instructor in college that would mark assignments entirely in neon or glitter pens.
    You know what I absolutely hate? Those people who say you shouldn't use art style references because it's "stealing".
    MRHAPPYFACEMAN
    MRHAPPYFACEMAN
    It is super obvious when someone is stealing art style - you have to copy everything that is done in the world they made such as Phineas and Ferb. I mean who the heck wants to make a triangle headed dweeb and a guy with bulging eyeballs for their main characters? Its not stealing from Disney though.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    @KaBlooZio (Sorry! It's my little bro's birthday, so I've been out.) It's totally okay to work in someone's style, especially if the original pack lacks what you need. Heck, that's why most people make resource topics. :D

When I was first picking up pixel art, I pretty much worked my way through learning the different RM styles, then ventured into coming up with my own when I felt confident enough.
    Amysaurus
    Amysaurus
    (Ran out of characters, RIP) ....It's taking someone's style, barely tweaking it, and then calling it your own when the problems start coming up. :)
    Is that Gakupo or someone else? Looks like Gakupo :kaoluv:
    Reactions: Marsigne
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Right! They are such good songs! I love Servant of Evil too. My favourites other than that are Judgement of Corruption and Daughter of White.
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    It's funny how the songs are mostly either dark, creepy, sad, or all of the above... but they're so catchy!
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I know! But to be honest that seems to be a thing with some Vocaloid producers. Mostly MOTHY and Kikuo who like to do that though. That seems to be what I'm into though. And what a lot of Vocaloid fans are into, XD.
    You know, sometimes being ambidextrous stinks. There's always someone who tells me to do XYZ with my other hand. It doesn't work that way.
    Reactions: LxCharon
    Sharm
    Sharm
    My hand usage isn't influenced by anything. For example, the entire time I was in grade school there was a push to make sure kids weren't being excluded for being left handed and so had the supplies they would most easily use. What this should have meant was that everyone who wanted to could pick up a pair of left handed scissors.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    What it actually meant was that there were never enough right handed scissors for the entire class but there were always extra left pairs and so someone had to use the wrong kind. Since I wrote with my left hand I was often forced to use the left handed pairs and I always hated it. I am not a left handed scissor user.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I write and draw with both hands, I use my mouse right-handed, I throw right-handed, I bat left-handed, I knit left-handed, and I eat with both. Left is my preferred for writing, but I can use both. Yeah, I was always told I needed to knit with my right hand because left-hand knitting is disgusting apparently.
    Phew, it's been awhile since I've gotten on here. When the new forums came it logged me out and I couldn't find my password.
    Reactions: Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Welcome back, my dear.

I know what it's like to lose such information. It's why I got better at filing by having it be what I do in Real Life for an everyday job.
    Ahh... Can I just tell you that there is nothing like French toast sticks after an art exam? 
    Reactions: 2 people
    Reapergurl
    Reapergurl
    Sounds yummy.

I had to eat fast food because that is what (mostly) everyone in the car wanted.

That's alright; I got pizza for later. And wine.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Ooh, pizza's pretty good too, but considering I didn't exactly have a big breakfast, and my exams finished at ten thirty AM, those hit the spot. 
    KayZaman
    KayZaman
    French toast sticks? Long time no cook. 
    Ah, man. That sense of accomplishment when you finally learn a song you've been trying to learn for the longest while. Had to make the cover by myself because all of the covers I heard were messed up in some way or another. I'm very picky with details when it comes to song covers. But, now I'll need to score it so I remember it. Not fun. :distrust:  
    Reactions: 1 person
    GoodSelf
    GoodSelf
    I do cover songs too!  :D
    Check out my instagram @GoodSelfOfficial
    I've always been a complete sucker for 80's arcade games, but I've had a lot more cravings than usual. I was playing Centipede just a few minutes ago. Just got an SNES controller so I can play some Donkey Kong Country. Haven't even opened the controller yet, but I feel strangely compelled to do so in the near future. 
    Tried some Harvest Moon on my DS. Haven't played it in so long and it confuses the heck out of me. How do I even get money in this game? I don't even have anything to sell! Truth be told, though, one of the only reasons I play it is so I can do voice impressions of all the characters based on what they look like. XD And it's quite fun to do so. 
    taarna23
    taarna23
    At the beginning just run around and pick up random stuff laying around to sell.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Fair enough, I guess.  I can get some stuff in my farm, probably. Or in the mines.  
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Should be a forest area you can just run around and pick up random stuff too. The town will often have the odd thing sitting in grassy areas.
    hi i am pretty interested and would like to join you in you in your project i dont want money i just wanna learn from you
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
4 days im not using my laptop to waiting someone to reinstall (sigh)
Stream will be live shortly with some Donkey Kong 64! Feel free to drop by!
Working on a test Boss for the new No Travel Game Jam
- Name Plugin by Moghunter -
Free RPG Maker Ready Charging Up Animation

Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/free-charging-up-pixel-animation-fx-rpg-maker-ready
:/ .... so, thought I’d go to the park to sit in the cool breeze and get out of the house a little. Nope, guess that’s quarantined too. Ok...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dald