Recent content by HeyItsKidd

1. HeyItsKidd

Are school-themed games boring?

Are school games boring? No. Are school games starring a boy with no apparent skills (except for his super secret superpowers) who's followed around by a gaggle of cookie cutter love interests boring? School games where the only on-site medical staff is a secretly-evil doctor who's creepily...
  2. HeyItsKidd

What are the most common traps newbie developers tend to fall for while making a project?

It seems like a lot of the problems we're mentioning seem to fall under one major umbrella: Not knowing what you want to make. Okay, that sounds like nonsense, but hear me out for a sec. Oftentimes, people start with RPGM because we love RPGs - but when we say "I love RPGs!" or even "I love...
  3. HeyItsKidd

What One Thing In RPG Maker Would You Like To See?

@Funevill - It sounds like you're wanting the base/vanilla version of RPGMaker to contain every potential sprite/mechanic/song/etc you could possibly want, which would raise the price astronomically. As for me, I just want more generator parts, specifically clothes. It seems like something...
  4. HeyItsKidd

New Releases: Ancient Dungeons: Winter for MV, Marsha Erin Character Pack!

My question is, does the art style/shading/etc of these "fit" with the standard RTP MV stuff? All of Celianna's tiles are GORGEOUS, I just want to know if they'll look out of place next to Vanilla stuff.
  5. HeyItsKidd

To Durability Or Not To Durability

To quote an overused meme, why not both? Consider a system where upgrades/durability are two sides of the same coin: This wouldn't necessarily apply to all weapons, but perhaps for a special sub-category of weapons - I'll call 'em "Relics" for now. These weapons start out as kinda flawed -...
  6. HeyItsKidd

RMMV Murder Mystery Game - Murder at the Riverside Inn

Oooh, looks exciting! I'll definitely tell you what I think once I've played it. :D
  7. HeyItsKidd

"Make Your Own Game" Series?

That's fantastic! I haven't used Ace very recently (last time was around 2016-ish?) but it's probably like riding a bike, y'know?
  8. HeyItsKidd

FREE Cat Quest: The Last Catmancer v.2.0- Dungeon Designers

I can absolutely take a look at it tonight!
  9. HeyItsKidd

FREE Suikoden Esque RPG

I'm actually working on something vaguely inspired by Suikoden myself right now. It seems like Konami really dropped the ball with ending the series, seeing as there's clearly a demand for similar stuff!
  10. HeyItsKidd

"Make Your Own Game" Series?

When I first bought VXAce a few years back, there was a series of online tutorials called "Make Your Own Game", which gave a pretty decent overview of the engine's systems by walking the reader through the creation of a 30mins-ish game. My question is, is there anything like that for MV?
  11. HeyItsKidd

Is it RPG maker community worthy if you take out the RPG Battle part of it?

Some yes, some no. Personally, I play RPGs for the story and worldbuilding, but a really fun battle system can help keep me hooked (eg. Trails in the Sky). RPG stands for Role Playing Game - any game where you assume the "role" of a fictional character and decide their actions. D&D, LARPing...
  12. HeyItsKidd

Original Character Contest II Winners!

@Eliaquim ! Look who's the new avatar! \o/
  13. HeyItsKidd

RMMV Game Idea: Posession RPG

That's actually a great idea - looking at other games themed around ghosts/possession. Just off the top of my head, I can think of Ghost Trick, Geist, and Omikron: The Nomad Soul - maybe some of those, or some other games might give you some good inspiration!
  14. HeyItsKidd

Event One Map Game Challenge

That could be really cool! If it helps generate ideas, I'll mention that the Tomb Raider fandom tends to do lots of different custom level challenges with stuff like holiday/setting themeing, or certain restrictions like "No combat" or "Only use default graphics"...maybe something like that...
  15. HeyItsKidd

Original Character Contest II Winners!

What're the usage rights for the OC packs (including the Japanese)? I'd love to have 'em cameo in a commercial game, but obviously if that's not allowed, I don't want to step on any toes... EDIT: I just noticed the usage terms are included in the download for each character. Could someone...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

treele.jpg
I've updated the background!
My first test playthrough of my game clocked in at 1 hour and 15 minutes. Once the opening and ending are properly implemented, I'd expect a blind playthrough to last around 2 hours.
This time introducing INDIVIDUAL terrain lights feature for upcoming MAJOR UPDATE for all of my MZ plugins.
Some drawing of one of 'Forgotten Eclipse' bosses: The Shifter
Today we be doing an unscheduled stream! Lets get some work done on the titlescreen for Lightestone! <3
www.twitch.tv/riazey

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradgren