HiddenAlchemist
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Redid my earlier sprite completely from scratch, as I wasn't happy and a resolution oversight had been giving me a lot of problems. A couple things still need fixing, but I'm much more content with this now.
    Screenshot.png
    Being a visual learner and having a learning disability, I do struggle at times with javascript and more complicated plugins. I often have to learn my way around them through repeated trial and error, and compile personal help documents so I won't forget.

It takes me far longer to 'dev' things, but I feel more accomplished when I do figure out things and achieve my goals.
    • Love
    Reactions: Nenen and Quexp
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    same issue being a tactile learner. trial and error only works when can figure out what part is wrong. help documents dont help me, its like looking at a wall of graffiti.
    need to be guided step by step to do it correctly couple times. then try it on my own couple times with 2nd hand confirmation did it correctly.
    then do it confidently few times. after that ill never forget, even after 20 years of never doing it.
    HiddenAlchemist
    HiddenAlchemist
    I wish I had your memory.
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    unfortunately my memory is about packed now. want me to remember all the secrets in donkey kong country or useless lore from a 10-30 year old game i loved? no problem.
    want me to remember a name or phone number i wrote down 10seconds ago? not a F'n chance. lol
    everything takes alot of repetition for me to remember now unless i can make a direct mental connection to something else ive memorized.
    Just now realized that in all the time I was fighting with the passive TP state, Yanfly already had one made in one of his tips and tricks videos.

Live and learn I guess.
    It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
    Revisiting one of my older projects in a long time to work some more on the mechanics. I've been working on- and off-again for about a year now on recreating the Force and Mystic systems from Wild ARMs. And I think I've finally made some good breakthroughs on that!

Still, it is not perfect and I may post my thoughts at a later time to see if there are any other suggestions or alternatives I've missed.
    HiddenAlchemist
    HiddenAlchemist
    I will add though: I adore the Wild ARMs series and even just experimenting with the Force and Mystic systems and thinking up compromises has been a good learning experience.
    Lately I have been taking a break from game and resource making so I won't get burnt out. But I am also interested in the Game Jams this site periodically holds. It'd be great if I knew when the next one, if any, is planned.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    It's not for a full game, but there's a boss battle contest currently running. There's a link to it on the front page of the forum.
    HiddenAlchemist
    HiddenAlchemist
    Thanks for the notice. It's unfortunately a little too late for me to be entering that now, but I appreciate it.
    I have more "projects" used to test things than I have projects for actual games I'm making, it seems.
    dreamfall887
    dreamfall887
    Same! I'll sometimes create new project to test out scripts and then forget to delete them. XD
    Tiamat-86
    Tiamat-86
    same. have over a dozen proof of concept prototypes but only a couple actual projects. and thats not counting all the learning projects and 2 games i made using RM Fes before i got sick of the extreme limitations and bought MV.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Well, prototyping is important so you figure out what you want to make.
    Edit: Disregard this, it is working for me again.

I may be late to notice this, but is there anyone else having trouble accessing Himeworks' website? I admittedly find this a little disconcerting after what happened with MogHunter's site awhile ago...
    Misery
    Misery
    Love Wild Arms too, by the way...
    HiddenAlchemist
    HiddenAlchemist
    Always happy to find a fellow Wild Arms fan!
    Misery
    Misery
    One of my favourite scenes is the one with Luceid in that temple place.
    Against my better judgment (since I've already spent a lot this month), I've went ahead and bought the Visual Novel Maker during the Steam sale.
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Yeah my wallet is crying and I found like 3 more things I want to buy too. OOF.
    Haven't been working on any of my projects or resources lately as I'll soon be moving to a new apartment. It's been a stressful move but I'm really looking forward to it.
    Current progress on the backview / isometric-styled MV battlers I'm making. The system-based weapons, unfortunately, wouldn't work with these due to the different angle (and I have no idea how to edit those anyhow). So I'm going to making variations of the attack frames with basic weapons included.

1621914638537.png
    Progress on one of my projects has been slow, but I'm at a spot now where I feel like sharing the four main characters.

From left to right we have: Amabel, Tibby, Dusty, and Wren.

tibbyrpgcast.jpg
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Phew, sleep all day, awake all night. I don't know what to draw tonight!

Does that count as poetry? ..Is there a super fast way to test my creations in RPG Maker? Has anyone played the new Pokémon games? I'm itching to buy it but I don't think my husband will want me to after he finds out how much I spent on Christmas!
When can we get this?
RPG Maker MZ Saturn.png
Saturn port when?
I'm new to rpgmaker mv, link me some good stuff to learn.
Finally, I have graduated from college and now I can put a lot more work into my game, after having not worked on it for the better part of a year.
post so i can change my profile picture ^^

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingjui7