Recent content by HotAndColdAF

1. HotAndColdAF

Three Required Weapons on Skill

It would be really inelegant, and maybe not practical depending on the amount of skills involved, but would it be possible to make duplicate versions of your skills that only your Omni character would learn? Then the weapon types for her skills could be [regular weapon] and [Omni weapon]...
  2. HotAndColdAF

Base sprites emotes and animations

Since these are RTP edits, if you make a character with no hair or clothing in the character generator with the skin palette you want, you should be able to use that as a guide to replace the colors on these.
  3. HotAndColdAF

Help with Creating Conditional Branches Events

For the first one, you'll want to activate a switch when the boss is defeated, and then use a conditional branch dependent on that switch in the NPC's dialogue. For the second, you'll want a conditional branch that depends on whether or not the Mirror of Truth is in the party's inventory. It's...
  4. HotAndColdAF

How do i fit a tile in bigger then what Mv supports?

You could split it up across several tiles? The default tilesets do that a lot for larger items like trees.
  5. HotAndColdAF

(RMMV) Encounters re-spawning after defeat

That's the Erase Event command working as intended. If you want your troll to be gone forever when defeated, replace that command with setting a Self Switch to On, and then make a second page on the event that's left blank with the condition of said Self Switch being on.
  6. HotAndColdAF

[MV] Dark Fantasy Style tall templates

It's a lot easier to draw clothes and hair (though the latter isn't relevant to this set) onto a pre-existing base sprite than it is to draw the entire thing from scratch.
  7. HotAndColdAF

Cash register (MV)

Ah, cool. Thanks, Avery!
  8. HotAndColdAF

Cash register (MV)

Hello! Has anyone made a cash register tile/doodad to fit in with the Sci-fi/modern MV RTP tilesets? It seems like an odd thing to be missing, and I could use one. Facing sideways, preferably, but I can work with other directions. Thanks!
  9. HotAndColdAF

Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I...

Did my first script call in an event! :kaopride: It's completely useless and just because I thought it'd be cute if looking at clocks in-game made the character say the real-world time, but it's fully functional scripting and I did it all by myself!
  10. HotAndColdAF

Event Tileset Hitbox

Personally, I would just copy the tree sprite into its own character sheet.
  11. HotAndColdAF

December 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

Month-end update: I did successfully get up through the first dungeon and then some! Progress is good and I am pleased. Goal for April: Get a game done for the No Travel Jam!
  12. HotAndColdAF

No Travel Game Jam

I kind of figured that would be the answer, but it's good to have it clarified in writing. Thank you!
  13. HotAndColdAF

No Travel Game Jam

Does it strictly have to be a settlement, or will any restricted, single setting do? Can I set my game in an abandoned space ship, for example, or does a setting you have to travel to reach still count as travel? I assume something like a boat at sea or a moving train would be right out as being...
  14. HotAndColdAF

RMMV Echoes of the Ethereal - DEMO

Week-ish later update: I've learned a lot from this release! Mostly in terms of bugs to look out for, granted, but that's important! Next release should go much more smoothly now. And, of course, I've gotten some good feedback from people on the game itself that I'll keep in mind going forward...
  15. HotAndColdAF

Basic Event Help

Correct! If you check that button, then it won't run the event unless the self switch is already on, which is impossible. You don't have to check that box to use the self switch, just if you want to prevent it from running unless that switch is on.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

treele.jpg
A them/they in a forest... a still for the game I'm working on.
Making a blue-magic-heavy game is very fun but there's a lot of extra hassle as well. Balancing skills for both enemy and player usage isn't easy.
BTW everyone on staff who made the forum jump, thank-you! This time I am not panicked and lost all rounds.
I'm not searching for bugs, just pleasant surprises, for now on ^^
Been a while since I've been here, whoops. My computer's been acting really stupid so I wasn't able to work on my projects, but the good news is I've got a new one, meaning I can get back to work. And I've got a nice idea in mind, I'll just need to find some good scripts for the Aesthetic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sxips