Hudell
Birthday:
Oct 12, 1988 (Age: 31)

Share This Page

Hudell

Dog Lord, Male, 31, from Brazil

Veteran

Saw a stupid tweet saying that if you find something you like you'll never burnout. I know someone who got burned out of playing with dogs. Dec 13, 2019 at 3:55 AM

1. Hudell
      Hudell
      After a couple of months with no end to this drama, I've decided not to replace my broken Wii U anymore. Even though I've been waiting for Xenoblade ever since I finished Xenogears in the nineties, it's not worth it to keep giving money to a company that screws me over all the time. I'll make a last attempt at saving my games by asking them to transfer it to my boss (only other person I know with a Wii U)
      1. Gothic Lolita
        Gothic Lolita
        Transfering data is such a pain with Nintendo consoles, had it with the 3DS. On every other console, copy paste or download the profil. But with Big N it doesn't work. :/ (\s/)
        Apr 1, 2015
    2. Hudell
      Hudell
      I've seen plenty of people livestreaming while they develop their game. But how many people here is interested in seeing those livestreams?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        I'm kinda with Tai, actually... Many Devs do what I like to call "Silent Streaming" where they just DO IT, and we watch. :D
        Mar 31, 2015
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        Hmm... maybe one should try streaming silent or not. Might be motivating do to actual work.
        Mar 31, 2015
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        maybe I'll try then
        Mar 31, 2015
    3. Hudell
      Hudell
      I had a typo in an event that is activated quite frequently on my game and it took me MONTHS to notice it.
      1. KanaX
        KanaX
        I have to deal with an additional Greek keyboard, where half the characters are exactly the same as the Latin ones, but they are NOT recognized as so. Can you imagine what it is to find a typo in a script?
        Mar 31, 2015
      2. literarygoth
        literarygoth
        It's amazing how easily these things can escape us.
        Mar 31, 2015
    4. Hudell
      Hudell
      My parent's house is 30 miles away from mine, but instead of going straight to them, I take the train to a city on the other side and from there I take a very comfortable bus ride. This way I travel 60 additional miles. Am I crazy for doing this?
      2. Shaz
        Shaz
        So you travel three times as long as you have to? There and back? What's 30 miles - half an hour? To visit and return you take 3 hours instead of 1? I suppose if you have nothing else to do, or you take along something to do on the ride, and you can spare the money, it's okay. I'd rather use the extra 2 hours doing something at home :)
        Mar 29, 2015
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        Not exactly: The price is almost the same (the train ride is half a dollar and the larger bus route is 3 dollars more than the other one).

The "short route" bus stops at 6 other places and people keep coming in and out, it takes over an hour to get there. The other one stops only at one other place and takes pretty much the same time, so the only time difference is the 40 minute train ride.

On the train I can play my 3DS. On the "short route" bus I can't do anyth...
        Mar 29, 2015
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        The usual response from most people is "just get a car", but I really despise driving, so I have to this sort of stuff.
        Mar 29, 2015
    5. Hudell
      Hudell
      My game is now six months old! When I first started it, I never expected to get this far.
      1. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Wow, only six months??
        Mar 28, 2015
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Yep, I took a two months vacation last year and did nothing more than work on my game for the whole time.
        Mar 28, 2015
    6. Hudell
      Hudell
      I've been thinking about building an RPG Maker Project Manager, so people could work together on the same game and don't worry about sending stuff to each other and keeping backups.
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        I would probably use SVN instead of git, because of the way git handles binary files.
        Mar 26, 2015
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        Unless I read the .rvdata2 files myself.

I don't know if reading these files breaks the EULA, but if it doesn't, I would be able to make something much better.
        Mar 26, 2015
      4. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        Sign me up!
        Mar 26, 2015
    7. Hudell
      Hudell
      My girlfriend freaks out for almost any living thing that appears inside the apartment. Then a member of the most dangerous kind of spider in the world decides to pay a visit and she casually kills it.
      2. Lord of Doom
        Lord of Doom
        It is the stuff nightmares are made made of.
        Mar 25, 2015
      3. Zeriab
        Zeriab
        @Vance: That's way less scary than a Brazilian wandering spider :p
        Mar 25, 2015
      4. KanaX
        KanaX
        Farewell, spiderbro...
        Mar 25, 2015
    8. Hudell
      Hudell
      Over the last couple of weeks I've had so many great ideas for an RPG, but I don't want to start another game until I finish my farm-life simulator, so I usually end up anxious to be done with this game :X
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        I'm writing them all. And I'm adding a lot of references to my future game on my current game. That should have a cool effect if I ever release both.
        Mar 24, 2015
      3. Saltwater Croc
        Saltwater Croc
        Personally I can't wait for Orange Season. Hooray for writing down ideas!
        Mar 24, 2015
      4. Hudell
        Hudell
        <3
        Mar 24, 2015
    9. Hudell
      Hudell
      It's not my most favorite game, but I can't write a list of "Best games of all time" and not put Chrono Trigger on top.
    10. Hudell
      Hudell
      Trying to translate food names to english and finding out that some of them apparently don't even exist outside my country.
      1. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        You could still use them. After all it is a fantasy world you are making, why does it have to just be based on English food names?
        Mar 16, 2015
    11. Hudell
      Hudell
      Fever sucks. Couldn't do anything for the whole day
    12. Hudell
      Hudell
      5 weeks later I finally got a reply from nintendo about my broken wii u: they said the retail store imported the console by themselves, so it's not nintendo's problem. And apparently they knew it all along, they just couldn't bother to let me know.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        :o in a search I've found out that it's because of very high taxes that Brazil imposes to foreign business :/

Ouch :/

Oh :/ have you tried buying online?
        Mar 17, 2015
        1 person likes this.
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        I apparently managed to solve everything:

I have to write my Wii U serial number down, send it back to the store, wait for them to refund my credit card, buy a new Wii U somewhere else, send both serial numbers and my Nintendo ID to nintendo and then plug my HD on the new Wii U and I'll be able to play my games again. I probably won't even lose my saves.
        Mar 19, 2015
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        :o Awesome :D glad you got it solved :D
        Mar 19, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    13. Hudell
      Hudell
      Sometimes I think the world would be a better place if youtube never existed.
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        Yes. The world would be much better without YouTube.
        Mar 6, 2015
      3. mlogan
        mlogan
        I get your point about text v. video. I am a text person too. I rarely watch videos. It's an auditory process and I am a pretty terrible auditory learner. I hardly ever click on video links. But I can see how it can be useful to some.
        Mar 6, 2015
      4. Seriel
        Seriel
        Yep, That ^
        Mar 6, 2015
    14. Hudell
      Hudell
      I miss the days where going to the market was a 5 minutes thing. I just lost 50 minutes trying to buy something and failing because the clerks where not in the mood for work.
      2. Hudell
        Hudell
        Yep, this time I just wanted to get one single thing. I went there, picker the stuff and went to pay it, then I waited, waited, complained, waited, waited and gave up.
        Mar 4, 2015
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        picked*
        Mar 4, 2015
      4. Dalph
        Dalph
        I like to do the groceries tbh (that is fun) but if I have to buy clothes\shoes or things for the house I get frustrated.
        Mar 4, 2015
        1 person likes this.
    15. Hudell
      Hudell
      February is finally over. I hope march will be a better month.
    16. Hudell
      Hudell
      Went to my parent's place yesterday, found out there would be a lot of relatives coming there today, so I stayed the night. Only now when I'm finally back home I realized that my mother's birthday was a few days ago. I'm not a good son.
    17. Hudell
      Hudell
      That moment when I woke up after noon and had several calls from mom and my boss and messages from my boss and a coworker on facebook. Apparently I had only two days off, not three as I thought, and I should be working now.
      1. ??????
        ??????
        lol, I've done that exact same thing before ^_^
        Feb 19, 2015
    18. Hudell
      Hudell
      I found the weirdest bug on Rpg Maker. It's so weird that I don't even know how to describe. Luckly, I managed to get a workaround.
      2. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        @Shaz: Can you link it here? I've been bothered by this thing since I started making my game. At first I thought I screwed up eventing till I realize how the whole thing worked.
        Feb 18, 2015
      3. Shaz
        Feb 18, 2015
      4. Kyuukon
        Kyuukon
        Thanks!
        Feb 18, 2015
    19. Hudell
      Hudell
      Just 20 more minutes until my weekend starts. And thanks to a holyday next week, I may not need to work again until thursday \o/
    20. Hudell
      Hudell
      Ugh, just lost 6 hours of work because of a computer crash that corrupted files :(
      2. ShinGamix
        ShinGamix
        you may be able to un-corrupt them.
        Feb 13, 2015
      3. Hudell
        Hudell
        It was an excel file, not on rpg maker. I had created a worksheet to calculcate item prices considering over 40 parameters and keeping everything balanced. I lost it all and had to make a new one :(
        Feb 13, 2015
      4. Draylian
        Draylian
        dayum that sucks.
        Feb 13, 2015
  • About

Birthday:
    Oct 12, 1988 (Age: 31)
    First Language:
    Portuguese
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV