Hudell
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Did a detailed estimate of how long it will take me to finish my game, feature by feature. Realized 50% of it now is writing dialogue.
    Reactions: mylafter
    Hudell
    Hudell
    And that's not event counting all the dialogue on quests and cutscenes that are still pending. It'll literally be several months of nothing but writing if I don't mix things up.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    I'm terribly slow at it :(
    mylafter
    mylafter
    Yeah, writing dialogue takes a lot of time. After 8 months, I'm finally done with all the daily npc's dialouges. It's not even the dialogue for the whole game yet either.
    Did you know? The 2nd, 3rd and 4th tiles on your A list are rendered on a separate layer from the rest of the A tiles
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    Hudell
    Hudell
    The right side of the A2 tileset is also rendered on this extra layer, but those 3 specific tiles from A1 automatically render the very first tile behind them
    Happy that there'll be a Friends of Mineral Town remake, but so disappointed at the art style they used for it
    PaladinJessa
    PaladinJessa
    Aww I dig the artstyle... its very close to the original game or like Mystic Melody.
    2 weeks picking parts for a custom PC on a respected store. 3 weeks for assembly and delivery. 28 hours for it to stop turning on at all.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Tough luck.
    Reactions: Hudell
    Studio Blue
    Studio Blue
    That is awful. Sorry to hear that!
    Knighteriius
    Knighteriius
    That's strange. I wonder why it did that. Didn't touch any of the OC settings?
    Three different online stores auto-canceled my orders after a few days on hold. Am I under some kind of embargo? It's getting frustrating
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I'd say check your card. If you bought a bunch at once or spent more than a certain amount your bank or whatever might have put some sort of hold on it for unusual spending habits.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    The bank is approving all of those purchases, it's the stores that are cancelling them. Apparently they are getting a lot of fraud recently and they are very skeptical about everything. My purchases were suspicious because i have a different billing and delivery address and name.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Aaaah. Well that's dumb. You'd have to go to the customer service for each of these stores to get past something like that.
    Hello Hudell. What's up? Congratulations for your plugins and game! do you know any pixel artists in Brazil?
    tito
    tito
    Hey! I am writing in English because they told me to. Kauzz, would you please send me the link to your site or portfolio? Thanks for writing to me.
    Kauzz
    Kes
    Kes
    @Kauzz Please remember that this is an English language site and all public posts and updates must only be in English. What you use in a pm is up to you.
    Reactions: Kauzz
    Haven't had a full night sleep this year yet, but I have no idea what is keeping me awake :(
    Reactions: mlogan
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Oh. Me too. I know why I can't sleep though. I know lots of tricks, but they're pretty much "keep a schedule", "don't do things that make your body think it's time to be awake" and "relax before bed". I mean, there are ways to do all those things, but it's obvious stuff, no eye opening things.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    I hope you can get it sorted and sleep soon.
    tito
    tito
    The political situation in Brazil nowadays is very disturbing for a lot of people. Maybe it is your case too.
    "A year" is such a short span of time these days. When I was a kid it would take forever.
    Putting my game on early access and using the money to hire an artist was the best decision I ever made. I'm loving his work.
    Drifter92
    Drifter92
    That looks awesome!
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Just be careful, ea titles often get review bombed if they aren't updated/finished quickly enough to suite the player base. Words like alpha and beta just fly over their heads as they rave on steam about how it's "been out for 8 months and is still buggy and incomplete". Ea is a good concept, but illiterate users have turned it into a dangerous gamble as well.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    My game has been on early access for a year and a half now without issues.
    Found my stolen stuff for sale on an online website. The switch was already sold, the phone is still there for half it's regular price.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    #Hudell, I hope the police to do 'something'. I hope crimes and corruption decreases in Brazil.
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    Best of luck to you Hudell. It's hard enough to make ends meet without someone else taking what you've worked for.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    The local police station was not interested in the data (nor the video of the robbery), they told me to go to the city where I was robbed on if I wanted to be listened to
    Got robbed at gunpoint today. Goodbye my dear Nintendo Switch.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    There are a few places in Brazil that are still safe, but only in small towns. I moved back to my home town now as it is one of those places (Even though I own an apartment elsewhere, it was worth it to rent a house here).
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Philosophus Vagus Yes, stab and bulletproof vests aren't the most comfortable things on Earth. They weigh 2.5 kgs to say the least and are a fairly expensive investment, but if it prevents great injuries, it's cheap enough to justify and if it prevents death, then it's absolutely priceless. As for comfort, it's not that hard to get used to it, just takes time.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Turns out that the police had found and taken 56 cellphones inside the local prison last friday, then the weekend had a large surge of gunpoint robberies all around town. Police does not think it is related.
    I wonder if there's enough interest on a super effective anti lag plugin for MV and if people would be willing to pay for it?
    SimProse
    SimProse
    I'd love to see a plugin like this! Even if I had to pay a little. Or even a preloading plugin that actually works without causing weird bugs or side effects.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Preloader core that works without side effects would mean trashing the entire MV's loading system. Which I have nothing against, because JS loads files asynchronously, yet MV is fully synchronous and will never advance to ensure compatibility with older projects. So that would need a brand new engine.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    I would pay for it definitely. And my interest is great.
    My project is 4 years old today. Hopefully it's the last birthday before completion.
    Reactions: TWings
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Mine is also 4 years old, will be 5 next June. Let's hope we can both release our projects into the world before then.
    TakeHomeTheCup
    I read a comment on a thread about someone releasing a plugin or something when your game comes out of early access.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I think 3-5 years is the average for a complete game of decent length. Nothing out of the ordinary.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Dalph wrote on slimmmeiske2's profile.
Slimmm, we should team one day and make "Reid in Wonderland" or "Aluxes in boots".
Ami
--- F.Mage Cooking ---

F.Mage: Hey,guys. i made dinner for you!
M.Fighter & Hero: (Shock) Dinner???
(F.Mage Put The Failed And Burnt Dishes Surrounded With Creepy Aura)
Hero: What the...???
F.Mage: It's Curry Rice,Fried Egg And Cakes. I hope you guys like my Dishes.
M.Fighter: Are you kidding me?
Is it true that when we hit 1 million posts, each of us gets 17,000 USD? Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this question here, but I can't find where to post it...
I slightly modified the hairstyle to get it in the right direction.
And apply a little lip
Am I up for another full-time day of game dev? Let's find out! Got coffee, got music; let's go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MopskYKopskY