Hudell
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Putting my game on early access and using the money to hire an artist was the best decision I ever made. I'm loving his work.
    Drifter92
    Drifter92
    That looks awesome!
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Just be careful, ea titles often get review bombed if they aren't updated/finished quickly enough to suite the player base. Words like alpha and beta just fly over their heads as they rave on steam about how it's "been out for 8 months and is still buggy and incomplete". Ea is a good concept, but illiterate users have turned it into a dangerous gamble as well.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    My game has been on early access for a year and a half now without issues.
    Found my stolen stuff for sale on an online website. The switch was already sold, the phone is still there for half it's regular price.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    #Hudell, I hope the police to do 'something'. I hope crimes and corruption decreases in Brazil.
    Mrs_Allykat
    Mrs_Allykat
    Best of luck to you Hudell. It's hard enough to make ends meet without someone else taking what you've worked for.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    The local police station was not interested in the data (nor the video of the robbery), they told me to go to the city where I was robbed on if I wanted to be listened to
    Got robbed at gunpoint today. Goodbye my dear Nintendo Switch.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    There are a few places in Brazil that are still safe, but only in small towns. I moved back to my home town now as it is one of those places (Even though I own an apartment elsewhere, it was worth it to rent a house here).
    Poryg
    Poryg
    @Philosophus Vagus Yes, stab and bulletproof vests aren't the most comfortable things on Earth. They weigh 2.5 kgs to say the least and are a fairly expensive investment, but if it prevents great injuries, it's cheap enough to justify and if it prevents death, then it's absolutely priceless. As for comfort, it's not that hard to get used to it, just takes time.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Turns out that the police had found and taken 56 cellphones inside the local prison last friday, then the weekend had a large surge of gunpoint robberies all around town. Police does not think it is related.
    I wonder if there's enough interest on a super effective anti lag plugin for MV and if people would be willing to pay for it?
    SimProse
    SimProse
    I'd love to see a plugin like this! Even if I had to pay a little. Or even a preloading plugin that actually works without causing weird bugs or side effects.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Preloader core that works without side effects would mean trashing the entire MV's loading system. Which I have nothing against, because JS loads files asynchronously, yet MV is fully synchronous and will never advance to ensure compatibility with older projects. So that would need a brand new engine.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    I would pay for it definitely. And my interest is great.
    My project is 4 years old today. Hopefully it's the last birthday before completion.
    Reactions: TWings
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Mine is also 4 years old, will be 5 next June. Let's hope we can both release our projects into the world before then.
    Reactions: Hudell
    TakeHomeTheCup
    I read a comment on a thread about someone releasing a plugin or something when your game comes out of early access.
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    I think 3-5 years is the average for a complete game of decent length. Nothing out of the ordinary.
    Now that I have a great internet connection with super speeds, I realized I don't know what to use it for.
    Reactions: TakeHomeTheCup
    SOC
    SOC
    Downloading The Zodiac Age in 5 minutes.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I know what to use it for, but it's still an overkill for me :(
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Depends on your speed. If before you couldn't stream 4k 60fps and now you can, then it's great. Over a certain speed is kinda overkill for even pc enthusiasts. But hey, I like overkill.
    Added an option to switch to 48fps on my game. It's amazing the difference that extra 4ms can do on a weak computer.
    I'm considering renting a house in a better place, but it's hard to justify it since I already own an apartment.
    As a player I always play all games with maximum zoom out, so I can see the most amount of content. As a dev I like to zoom in a lot.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I'd let my player to cheat my game tbh.
    Hudell
    Hudell
    The difference would be the way the players access this option. If I put the zoom on the game itself, I can't call it cheating. If I put it on a mod, I can.
    Dalph
    Dalph
    I do the opposite, as a dev I zoom out to spot mistakes more easily and zoom in as a player to focus more on the action of that specific area, haha.
    Linux is like... if the creator of git were to make an operating system.
    I still think some artists use black magic to make their drawings so perfect. It's the only possible explanation.
    Just as I was going to sleep, I got my first negative review. Not something that helps when you're already having trouble sleeping everyday.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    It's something you get used to after a while, especially if it's on Steam. Perfect scores only last while you still have a small number of reviews. The more popular your game becomes, the more haters and critics it's going to draw.
    starlight dream
    starlight dream
    It happens, it isn't something we can avoid, we all get them. ^^
    When it's close to bedtime I usually avoid sites or messages that can potentially bother me, because I find it hard to sleep after, like you, with thoughts going through my mind.
    It's easier to deal with unpleasant things at other times.
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    Yeah, you don't want to negatively wind yourself up in the late hours of the night. So it's best to avoid the places where this can happen. Even replying to a message that concerns something that stresses you out, I often just tell myself that I'll read it and reply to it the next day.
    Hudell, maybe I can help with shadows in Orange Seasons? Please give me a map or sth and I can show you what I can :) (It's Mike here)
    Reactions: Hudell and Marsigne
    Hudell
    Hudell
    Ah, I didn't know it was you when I replied on the blog! I've not added shadows yet, but I made some changes to improve the maps - it will all be available with the next update in about two weeks.
    Reactions: fizzly
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips