Recent content by Hudell

1. Hudell

The switch is not region locked

The switch is not region locked
  2. Hudell

If it's the game, I have no idea what I'll do as I would probably have to pay taxes again to...

If it's the game, I have no idea what I'll do as I would probably have to pay taxes again to replace it.
  3. Hudell

I still need to figure out if the problem is with the game or with my switch. I never tried...

I still need to figure out if the problem is with the game or with my switch. I never tried loading a game card from it before
  4. Hudell

Imported a game. Paid double the full price due to import taxes. It took nearly two months to...

Imported a game. Paid double the full price due to import taxes. It took nearly two months to get here. It didn't work.
  5. Hudell

Is it worth exploring Mac / iOS deployment?

You need to send it from a mac everytime and it can take some time. As I make several updates for my game whenever I find any bug, it could get out of hand. I haven't tried to sign the game yet, instead I removed the info about being compatible with mac from the steam store, although I still...
  6. Hudell

Is it worth exploring Mac / iOS deployment?

10% of my sales are on MacOS computers and from what I've seen on other gamedev channels, that's a standard rate. I'd say it's pretty good. Now on the latest MacOS update, Apple implemented a system where you need to send them every update to your app so Apple can sign it as safe, and Steam is...
  7. Hudell

How does loading the graphics work in the engine?

Loading is done by the ImageManager class for all of them, but each of those is drawn in a different way.
  8. Hudell

Does MV render things outside of the camera view?

ShaderTilemap._paintAllTiles; It receives the starting X and Y position and then calculates the width and height based on it's own size (screen size + 40px, both vertically and horizontally). That's only for the map though; Events are handled in a different way.
  9. Hudell

TypeError: fs.existsSync is not a function

I don't even wanna know what you're doing with react on MV, but try placing a breakpoint before that line on the debugger and check if `fs` is properly assigned to the right thing.
  10. Hudell

MVCommons - The community core plugin

If you have MV on steam then it is automatically updated. ShaderTileMap has been included with MV for a few years now.
  11. Hudell

Seeking some very specific common event script calls.

That plugin has a _touchTarget object on the player, if it's assigned you can get the position with $gamePlayer._touchTarget.x you need to make a conditional for $gamePlayer._touchTarget first or it'll crash.
  12. Hudell

Seeking some very specific common event script calls.

I think they mean the player's destination generated when you click on a tile. It's stored in the $gameTemp object. $gameTemp.destinationX(); $gameTemp.destinationY();
  13. Hudell

Aren't them all?

Aren't them all?
  14. Hudell

MVCommons - The community core plugin

The time system line is just a notice, not an error; You can ignore it. Or add the OrangeEventManager plugin before the TimeSystem to make it go away. The ShaderTilemap IIRC is exclusive to older versions of MV. If you're using a newer version, it is already included in the core code and the...
  15. Hudell

I have maps with thousands of events and I think in a slow computer it runs better than an empty...

I have maps with thousands of events and I think in a slow computer it runs better than an empty map without my optimizations.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So I cloned an event in MV today.
Just got two custom tracks for my game. Things are shaping up nicely. :)
Remember, life is sh*t. But it will difinitely be less sh*t in the future! Stay happy everyone ^^ ...*continues to die inside*
Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boredguy851