hyde9318
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Alright, decision is final. My modern game will be free when initially released. If it is deemed good enough by the community, I will submit it to be sold. Want to know the good news now? I just got some homemade eggrolls. *Hyde Eats Eggrolls* Productivity Level Up +5!!
    Tuomo L
    Tuomo L
    But if it's free, why would one pay for it? Also, what'll be the difference between the free and the pay version?
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    Well, if I decided to sell it, I would pull the free version, add a couple hours of new story (maybe new quests and so on), give some new features, and then release it as a commercial game. So, the paid version would be longer and contain more stuff to do. But, truth of the matter is, I probably will not sell the game. I will probably just end up keeping it as a free game. I may break into commercial games some other time with a different project.
    Zeramae
    Zeramae
    I think doing so with a different project is a good idea. I think people should have one or two good ones before hopping into commercial territory. It helps build a fan-base as well. People will also know what to expect, so they don't feel cheated as some always seem to.
    Ok guys, starting work on a project probably tonight. I am using the Modern Sets, with TONS of edits. Question is, should I go commercial with it or should it be free? I guess we will see.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    If they don't care for it, they won't buy it. If you're going to sell a game your thought should be, "I should make a game worth buying." instead of, "I should make my game free because some people won't like it."

A lot of people won't like your game. Everyone has different tastes. There are people who love and hate even the most popular of video games.
    Reynard Frost
    Reynard Frost
    Yeah, always do what you feel is the best course of action. As long as you have fun with it and make a game that is fun to play, we all win! :D
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    Lol, you make another good point. Trust me, I will strive to make it fun to play. And shoot, if it works out well here, to greenlight it will go! But I want this community to get it first and give me feedback. I dont want greenlight getting hold of it until it is worth sending. Specially if I am going to drop 100$ to get it on there, lol.
    Ok, going to be doing commission work on Logo's, Titles, Writing, Mapping, different kinds of graphics, and maybe some other stuff, depending on what you need. Maybe I can use money from this to buy the new resource pack. PM me if interested.
    For the record, resizing and hue shifting an image does not mean you "made it from scratch". Just found some of my old graphics on another site. The user resized them to be larger, hue shifted them a slight bit, reuploaded them, and told the people that he made them all from scratch.
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    So, I am not sure whether to be offended that someone stole my stuff and claimed it to be theirs, or to be happy that my stuff was apparently good enough to be stolen, lol.
    NO!
    And seriously. Who can honestly feel good about themselves by not doing these things themselves? Whenever I've finished a peice, I always feel a sense of accomplishment. But this guy obviously hasn't achieved anything, so what is there to feel good about? I just don't understand these people.
    SoulPour777
    SoulPour777
    well you could give us the link so we could report it?
    Video straight from Pokemon Corner. Funny as hell. However, I would only recommend it for 18+ years of age, as it contains swearing.

Finally quit procrastinating and uploaded the first Paint.Net tutorial on youtube. The video only covers the extreme basic of the program, but it does give a decent feel as to how the series will look. Check it out and tell me if I should go on with the series or if I should just quit now.

Two more movies and I will have the complete Monty Python collection, complete with every movie, every episode of the show, and all four live performances. Bad thing, I cant find a single store that has the last two movies....
    Alright. Song is back up and is fixed to sound better now. You can check it out in the resource WIP thread.
    Anyone checking out my soundcloud wondering where my newest song went, it will be back up shortly. The version I posted had real bad mixing of the instruments, so I am reuploading with an equalizer and fix. It was so bad, you could hear the bass guitar perfectly, but couldnt hear any drums except the snare.
    Just got asked a question, and I have no clue how to answer it. "If a song was remade into a 8 or 16-bit version, and a few notes here and there were slightly changed, would the remake song be violating copyrights if used in a game?"
    Espon
    Espon
    I would assume so since it's not original.
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    Thats what I was thinking too.
    Wanna know what I want to see? Ace styled sprites for mermaids, dragon people (argonian, if you are a skyrim fan), multiple orcs, and a nice Cthulhu. If you know of any of these, let me know.
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    This isnt a request. I am just curious if any of these even exist. Not sure why there isnt more of these around as most of them would be used ALOT.
    "I Dreamed There Was No War" by The Eagles. Remembering Sept. 11th with what may be one of the most beautiful guitar-only instrumentals of all time.
    Seriously thinking we need to have a place for members to come together, trade friends codes, and play pokemon together. Not going to lie, I personally may get back into playing competitively online.
    Jalen
    Jalen
    I'll sic my Octillery on you!
    Kaiser
    Kaiser
    Anyways if you do it, I'll be handing out my battle revolution friend code and white friend code. I'm just like the 8th gym leader in D/P/P I lost my competive edge and I need a good battle. :3
    Seeaka
    Seeaka
    I've never been good enough to be competitive, but I love teh Pokemanz.
    You kidding me right now? My xbox live isnt working and now suddenly it requires live for me to play Penny Arcade 3? Screw you Xbox, give me back my Penny Arcade RIGHT THIS MINUTE!!!
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    What?
    randomuser
    still giving those corporates your money?
    randomuser
    I'm surprised xbox hasn't fallen off yet. Or maybe it has. I wouldn't know. I do know that Japan pulled it off the shelves. With PSN being free, GW2 having no sub fee, and a number of other gaming networks giving us the free option, it seems like Live is going to have to reinvent or keep robbing people.
    Could use some feedback on the music I have been working on. It isnt anything really special, but a bit of feedback wouldnt hurt.
    hyde9318
    hyde9318
    BTW, music I am talking about are in my last two posts in the Resource WIP thread.
    Skyrim: Hearthfire. Very much worth the $5. Thank you Bethesda, you just occupied what little bit of time I had left.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

A sketch of a character for an upcoming chapter. I am pre-preparing the heck out of this one and future chapters, don't want to spend time figuring the story out again. :blush:
Today *Fix the game UI
RMMZ maxRows make me tired.
The game supports real-time language switching (really interesting).
8laFKAa.png

jBYDFzZ.png

lYbvPth.png

mY99lgU.png

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
not me being not lazy for 5 seconds and drawing another char portrait (her name is hazel)
its_hazel.png
Been a while since the last time I made a song remix. Had a blast making this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spoonman