Hyouryuu-Na
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• More annoying cutscene making going on :") Ya know what? I need a break. Gonna start working on a visual novel (and abandon it. again)
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    @standardplayer :0 That's very creepy. But won't it make no sense since all games are different?
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Considering how many abandoned projects are RTP heavy and use the same systems, I don't actually know if you'd be able to tell
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    @Hyouryuu-Na Well, we can't actually tell if it would be a mess or not, since I don't recall anyone trying to do such a thing, and after all its not the topic, but the developer who makes a game good or bad. So probably its possible to make a huge adventure with a mix of styles... Or just point out why they where abandoned a.a
    *passionately tries to make an enemy chaser with good A.I, dies everytime while playtesting* I am not fit for this...
    • Haha
    Reactions: Stiltzkin
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    I mean, she seems to be looking deep inside your soul, into the deepest part of yourself... judging your every move, think and feel. (o.o)
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I'm happy to know her looks fit her personality XD
    • Haha
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    One idea is reduce the wait time between an enemy's action. I have my own homebrew movement system and I foolishly decided... "Oh I don't need this wait time, it'll be fine." Long story short, it all but teleported to me. Turns out MV executes common events very, very fast. So I instead randomized the wait time to keep the player on their toes.
    I'm feeling like people will get p*ssed off playing my game :/ ... :") I'll add difficulty settings I guess
    All this time I was wondering where the heck the lag was coming from (fps dropped to fricking 5...) Then I realized the screen resolution was the culprit.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Set it to 48x48, thats the optimal resolution for infinite fps!
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Yes ^^ Too bad the player might fall off a cliff and die because they wouldn't see beyond that one tile XD
    • Haha
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    Shaz
    Shaz
    If the player falls off a cliff and dies, it means you haven't set the passability on the edge of the cliff correctly.
    Making events move in cutscenes is so annoying... I playtested like 50 times already... Ugh
    The security guard at my friend's place was promoted to their driver. Now he's further promoted by her parents to a spy to see if she's dating anyone or not XD
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Lol yeah, that's pretty commonplace in a lot of areas of my country. I actually live about 20 minutes from what used to be considered Murder Town (on a per capita basis, the city is actually quite small). Getting robbed instead of murdered is a good day. Currently a lot of kids are murdering each other there, pretty much for bragging rights and social media cred
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    :0 Sounds scary. Good horror game material XD Btw do you know where to get Galv's bust menu? The dropbox links are dead -_-
    standardplayer
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    No. Have you checked your notification settings?
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Im getting the notifications just fine :kaohi:
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    There is nothing really wrong with her eyes, although I sometimes have that problem when I draw my characters eyes too. However, its probably just artist judgment because we are our worst critic.
    Went through 6 disturbing sleep paralysis sessions and I heard people laughing from behind my bed :") They better not be laughing at me -_-
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I've only had it a few times, but I never got any of the spooky stuff. Only the inability to make my body move, which is very, very annoying. Used to sleep walk, and then eventually sleep drive, though
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Happened only once to me and it was very scary. I was dreaming with open eyes basically and couldn't move, it felt so real that I thought there was really presence in the room. In my case it was just stress and lack of sleep. Thank goodness I was looking up and not in front of me, and so I didn't really see anything, but i heard stuff and it wasn't stuff I liked. If it happens often I think you should investigate.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I'm used to it by now. Doesn't happen as often as it used to. Almost like on one or two nights per month. But in these nights, they happen repeatedly. I would be falling asleep and suddenly jerk awake but can't open my eyes or move. I never see things but I hear things. It takes all my might to force my eyes open and go full awake mode. Then I try to fall asleep again, and again it happens.
    And so the dreaded winter arrives :") I hate waking up with a sore af throat and leaving the warmness of the blanket becomes impossible
    Victory day! I can even hear fighter planes flying around ^^ wanted to go out but too bad I'm stuck at home preparing for tomorrow's exam.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I can hear the planes but I can't see them. Stupid tall af buildings all around -_-
    Sometimes we're so used to complicated things that we can't figure out easy stuff ^^ Me so happy fufufu
    Countyoungblood
    Countyoungblood
    wouldn't the complicated parts be more of at the expert level?
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    It's like when when we get used to doing complicated things, we forget that easier solutions exist. For example, in my exam I had to write the Java code to find out the divisors of a number in reverse order. I thought I had to use arrays to solve this. My code was 30 lines long and my classmate did it without array. Her code was like 15 lines long... more efficient.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Same goes for rpgmaker. Yesterday I tried to complicate things with a bunch of switches but it actually didn't need that many switches. I forgot thag rpgmaker runs the event page that has higher id (page 2 not page 1) I was planning wrong the whole time. But in the end I did fix it ^^
    Maybe I need glasses -_- Might make another "what is wrong with this event pls halp!" thread. Like Idk at all what's wrong with this TT
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Why is it that every time I take a short break from here, we get a new moderator?
Stream will be going live early today as I will be working on some music before I transition to art! When I switch to art, I will be focusing on making a new stream avatar~ Feel free to drop by!
For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
6 more towns to make in my game. SIX. not done with interiors yet but SIX EXTERIORS.
what to do when you come across a person that has stated "What if I say, f*** their EULA? I could probably get away with it." concerning asset packs sold here... on this site ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LageCL