Last Activity:
Jun 7, 2019
Birthday:
October 25

Share This Page

Iavra

Veteran, Male

Veteran

Particle engines are a pain...i've written a few hundred lines of utility functions and there's barely anything to see... Jan 18, 2016

Iavra was last seen:
Jun 7, 2019
    1. Iavra
      Iavra
      Here it is, 2800 lines of particle goodness:

Need to finish the documentation and will update the thread either later or tomorrow. I'll be happy over everyone volunteering to test this, since it will take forever for me alone to find all bugs.
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Reading through the parameters and commands right now.  Looks like you included all the good things like attraction and repulsion.  This will be a fun weekend if I can get it to work.
        Jan 22, 2016
      2. Iavra
        Iavra
        Yeah, the documentation is lacking right now, but i tried to put everything needed into the JSDoc, including parameter and return types, especially since a lot of functions are overloaded and can be called with different parameters.
        Jan 22, 2016
      3. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Not a problem, I am in no way complaining.  To actually have a particle engine for RM atm is a total miracle.  I am gonna try to see if I can work a puzzle around an emitter and a repulsive object,
        Jan 22, 2016
    2. Iavra
      Iavra
      I managed to get basic collision between particles and nearly everything else, i wanted to do.

CrossZone (collision between particles and primitives) are the only thing that's left to do and i can post the beta plugin.
    3. Iavra
      Iavra
      I just wrote 700 lines of JavaScript commentary...my fingers need a break.
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        We're they all "Don't touch this part"?
        Jan 21, 2016
      2. Iavra
        Iavra
        I think they are actually usable, except for a few that read like "Don't ask me what this does, i just copied it and it works, so i left it at that".
        Jan 21, 2016
    4. Iavra
      Iavra
      I've managed to recreate the Proton fireball demo (http://a-jie.github.io/Proton/example/sparks/sun/fireball.html) in my own particle engine.

It even runs a bit faster, than the original, though i'm sure there's room for optimization.

I still got a few features to port over, but i should have a working (beta) plugin by the end of the week, unless something goes wrong.
      1. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Oh nice!  This means you can do a swarm too?
        Jan 21, 2016
      2. Iavra
        Iavra
        Swarm? ^^ You could display some particles randomly moving around the screen, if that's what you mean. Basically everything you can see on the Proton site should be possible, once i'm finished porting.
        Jan 21, 2016
    5. Iavra
      Iavra
      Is it me or seems the forum more...quiet since it got ported to V4?
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Seriel
        Seriel
        Not really.
        Jan 20, 2016
      3. Shiroi Akuma
        Shiroi Akuma
        Indeed, I think so, too.
        Jan 20, 2016
      4. Scythuz
        Scythuz
        I think it has a little bit yeah.
        Jan 20, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    6. Iavra
      Iavra
      I just realized Proton contains a call for a function, that doesn't even exist :D It's in an else-branch, that basically never gets called, though.
      1. AceOfAces_Mod
        AceOfAces_Mod
        So, essentially it's  if (condition) {code} else Function() in C#?
        Jan 19, 2016
    7. Iavra
      Iavra
      Particle engines are a pain...i've written a few hundred lines of utility functions and there's barely anything to see...
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Iavra
        Iavra
        @AwesomeCool: I'm not using one, i'm writing it :D

To be fair, i have an existing one to work with, but i modify it pretty heavily to fit into MV.
        Jan 18, 2016
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        @larvaa - I meant make them. XD

I admit that they are a little pain to setup with all the trial an error.
        Jan 18, 2016
      4. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        I'd love a real genuine particle engine for MV =D
        Jan 18, 2016
    8. Iavra
      Iavra
      I made dough for at least 5 pizzas...guess i know what i'll be eating for the weekend.
      2. Yanfly
      3. Iavra
        Iavra
        I always make my own dough and tomato sauce.

Today's pizza was made with fresh champignons and anchovies (hopefully no italien will hate me for this).

Thick pizza is more popular in the US, i think. I prefer thin ones (i knead with my hands, no tools used).
        Jan 17, 2016
      4. Wolf Rawrrr
        Wolf Rawrrr
        *hunger intensifies*
        Jan 17, 2016
    9. Iavra
      Iavra
      It's snowing *.*
      1. Iavra
        Iavra
        It stopped snowing.
        Jan 15, 2016
    10. Iavra
      Iavra
      I totally love Melodic (Death) Metal, sound-wise, but i can't stand screaming...a bad situation to be in, huh?
      1. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        I am with you. Metal has a good sound to me, (as does most music!) I just really hate it when Cookie Monster gets on the vocal track...
        Jan 12, 2016
      2. UNphiltered_khaos
        UNphiltered_khaos
        There are some singers that just have a voice for metal, I don't know names, but Bolt Thrower comes to mind.
        Jan 12, 2016
    11. Iavra
      Iavra
      About half an hour until OoT all dungeon, run by ZFG. My favorite speedrun game, category and runner all in one. It's about 3am now, but this has to be amazing.
      1. Zortik
        Zortik
        Make sure you set the VCR to record in EP format and your blank cassette is fully rewound so you can records it!
        Jan 9, 2016
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        I like speedruns if they are the non glitch variant.

Feels more skill based to be and less dependent on a single action (that bypasses mot of the game)
        Jan 9, 2016
      3. Iavra
        Iavra
        OoT all dungeons and Paper Mario all cards don't rely on single glitches, but a lot of smaller ones, which makes them quite fun to watch. Plus, both runners did amazing commentary.
        Jan 9, 2016
    12. Iavra
      Iavra
      I've got a bunch of games from the Winter sale and can't decide what to play :o Help me decide: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Fallout 4, Life is Strange, Styx: Master of Shadows, Thea: The Awakening
      2. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Life is strange, then fallout 4
        Jan 7, 2016
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        Get 5 monitors and play all at once!
        Jan 7, 2016
      4. Iavra
        Iavra
        My GPU can only handle 4 and my desk has only space for 1, maybe 2 :D
        Jan 7, 2016
    13. Iavra
      Iavra
      New PC is here! It's big, black, badass and silent, i'll call it...Batman!
      2. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        BECAUSE IM BATMAN!

Also:
        Jan 7, 2016
      3. Iavra
        Iavra
        i7-6700k @4ghz

gtx 980 4gb vram

16gb ddr4 ram

1tb ssd + 1tb hdd

Graphics could be better, i know, but i prefer nVidia over AMD and 980 Ti and higher require too much power for too low benefit (for me).
        Jan 7, 2016
      4. Makeratore
        Makeratore
        It's not Batman... It's a f***ing MONSTER PC!!! :o
        Jan 7, 2016
    14. Iavra
      Iavra
      My new PC got dispatched today and should arrive tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited about it.
      2. Iavra
        Iavra
        I got a 550W be quiet! Dark Power P11 in there, which is more than enough to power the system and very efficient (80plus platinum certified).

A good power supply is very important to me ^^
        Jan 6, 2016
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        nice!

I hope you have a sexy case.

As that is the most important part of the pc and will boost the power of the pc by (500 * sexy value) percent!
        Jan 6, 2016
      4. Iavra
        Iavra
        be quiet! Silent Base 600 ^^ The windowless version, though, since i don't really care about windowed cases.
        Jan 6, 2016
    15. Iavra
      Iavra
      Spelunky run has been amazing. A good week so far and still quite some personal highlights to come.
      1. Hudell
        Hudell
        Spelunky is always amazing :)
        Jan 6, 2016
      2. Iavra
        Iavra
        Unlike some people, i also really like glitch speedruns, so i really liked Darksiders 2 and look forward to Half-Life 2 and Zelda: OoT (my personal highlight).
        Jan 6, 2016
      3. Iavra
        Iavra
        Also that Crypt of the Necrodancer run just now was insane.
        Jan 6, 2016
    16. Iavra
      Iavra
      AGDQ starting in ~5hrs. First time i'll be watching it live (on vacation the whole week :D )
    17. Iavra
      Iavra
      Poor cat has no idea, what's happening around him and cowers in the corner... Every year the same :(
      2. meowchelle
        meowchelle
        Aww :( He's stressed out. Try finding him a place to hide? Bedroom or something hehe.
        Jan 1, 2016
      3. Iavra
        Iavra
        He usually hides in the cellar (we locked the hatch, so he can't run outside and get scared even more).
        Jan 1, 2016
      4. Rikifive
        Rikifive
        My dog extremely freaks out. Thankfully it's over. (=
        Jan 1, 2016
    18. Iavra
      Iavra
      Watching a live Let's Play of Megaman 1. The times when games used to be actually difficult (also: so much rage in the stream :D )
      2. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Megaman 2 is the easiest! How many are they going to play?

@Clydous, you cunning devil, you.
        Dec 31, 2015
      3. Iavra
        Iavra
        Nobody is going to read this anymore, but: The plan was part 1-3, depending on how long he can keep himself awake ^^
        Dec 31, 2015
      4. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        That's really brave!
        Dec 31, 2015
    19. Iavra
      Iavra
      I just realized i have > 1000 posts, already o_O
      1. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        gratz!
        Dec 30, 2015
      2. Vox Novus
        Vox Novus
        Now you are eligible for the trials...
        Dec 30, 2015
    20. Iavra
      Iavra
      I made a potato + kidney bean stew. Looks kinda ...muddy, but tastes great.
  • About

Birthday:
    October 25
    First Language:
    German