Iavra
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Why do people in horror shows and series always think it's a good idea to split up? Everytime...
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
    because if people in horror movies acted rationally it'd be a lot harder to kill them believably...and if everyone (except the virgin and occasionally the stoner) doesn't die gruesomely it isn't a horror movie... kind of like an rpg without the attack/guard commands.
    mlogan
    mlogan
    deilin - One of my favorite commercials ever.
    NeoFantasy
    NeoFantasy
    One word, Plot.
    Localization plugin seems almost done. The bad news is that some of the expressions are so complex that i will never be able to understand what they do, again...how on earth have i been able to write this at 3am?
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    After Midnight is that Magical time when, if you can keep your body alert, your mind comes up with some of teh most amazing schemes!
    Just ported my localization script to MV. It's really easy compared to how it was in Ace. Currently working on an export function, but i don't know if i should export game messages, too (would require me to browse through all events, battle events and common events in the game, maybe even more)
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Meh, i just realized i need to localize the $data<...> objects, too. It's not hard, but a lot to write.

Also, since actors actually save their name inside the Game_Actor instances (unlike everything else) and i want to support language switching during runtime, i need to modify those, too. Just like in Ace ^^
    Iavra
    Iavra
    So far the script works for terms and game messages (recursively even).
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Now i can also export and import all $data objects, which means all text data in the game, excluding messages and choices.

Now up to making language choice persistent!
    Everytime i read "Java" in an MV thread, i want to post actual Java code and write "here, make this work"...
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    they still think it's an abbreviation for javascript =3
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    I have given up hope in trying to fix this problem. D:
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Don't worry - we'll straighten them out.
    I actually just realized, that TilingSprite doesn't inherit from Sprite...and here i'm wondering, while my functions never get called...
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Oh wow, i...think i actually did it.
    Sadly, animated images have proven themselves impossible to do for anything more complex than a simple picture, unless i were to rewrite the Bitmap class. And i don't really want to do this now...
    AwesomeCool
    AwesomeCool
    Do you mean like gifs?
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Kinda. Real gifs are not possible, because Canvas only ever displays their first frame.

So the idea was to support image strips (basically all frames of an animated gif in sequence) and display only a part of that picture at any given time.

While this is pretty easy for simple pictures, because i can just modify the frame (like a window that only shows a part of the underlying bitmap), more complex sprites like characters and parallaxes (including battlebacks) directly r...
    Iavra
    Iavra
    ...refer to the bitmap.

So, i would have to split images at load time and modify the Bitmap class in a way that its baseTexture only ever points to the correct frame of the image.

I think, if i would start low enough (Bitmap is pretty much the core of everything image related MV does), everything else would falls in line on its own.
    So, animated gifs seem to be impossible, unless i do some really ugly things. But image strips shouldn't be too hard.
    Iavra
    Iavra
    So far i get a blinking square, time to tidy up some code and find a better way to trigger the bitmap redraw without hindering the garbage collector from doing his job.
    Iavra
    Iavra
    So, this is probably the closest to animated Gif support i've managed to do so far:
    Another plugin done. I think i'll do a menu overhaul (either ring menu or similar to the PS3), next.
    esby
    esby
    I'd definitely use a PS3 like menu if it helps your judgement ^^
    GeorgeTheUnseen
    GeorgeTheUnseen
    PS3 style menu actually sounds like I neat idea. o:
    Got my new mouse, no more double clicks! Now i can finally start being productive.
    Muaha, i found out how to work with Regex lookaheads/lookbehinds. Now nobody will ever be able to understand my code :p
    Ramiro
    Ramiro
    oh noes! *cries*
    So, there a like a million ways how to display a popup and while my script (in theory) work with everything, most users won't plug in their own function, so i'm left with either 1) write a huge library with everything i can imagine, 2) write a function builder that dynamically generate functions (and looks really ugly) or 3) maybe get swamped with custom requests ^^
    Shaz
    Shaz
    get swamped with custom requests. The more people who use your plugin, the more people there will be to help you support others :)
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Yeah, i guess...i'll include a default function to keep the plugin working on its own and leave it at that.
    Harold Ållaberg
    Harold Ållaberg
    hey man, i love your popup system. already made my own modifications to it to suit my stuff:

such as using it when getting an item.
    My mouse started double clicking...i hate you, Razer...
    taarna23
    taarna23
    My scroll wheel bounces all over. I kind of hate razer, too, but... I like having my gaming skills all on my thumb. =(
    Athryl
    Athryl
    I had the double click with my razer as well...I cleaned it (following a video on youtube) and it helped temporarily at least. I've had it since 2009? So I guess it was bound to happen.
    I wrote a small addon to MV's PluginManager that would allow plugins to read their parameters without having to know their filename: http://pastebin.com/UpficGC5
    Iavra
    Iavra
    By using $plugins, i could use a value in the scripts @plugindesc, which could be nicer than having an additional parameters.
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Plugins could also use this snippet to load parameters depending on an arbitrary string in @plugindesc:

$plugins.filter(function(plugin) {

return plugin.description.indexOf('...') !== -1;

})[0].parameters;

If that string is added after a newline it won't even show up in the maker.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Please post this on the forum if you haven't already. The status feed is REALLY not the place for this one!
    Next Ace script to be ported: Generic Popup. Only took me a while to realize how Scenes, Layers and Windows work in MV ^^
    Bonkers
    Bonkers
    Care to write short tutorial about your experience?
    Iavra
    Iavra
    Uhh...it's basically "open all core scripts in <insert IDE/editor of choice> and Crtl+Shift+F every element referenced".
    First version of Animate Everything for MV: http://pastebin.com/WqZ1Sfs5. This isn't actually tested, so either get swamped with errors or wait for an official release. Also, please don't kill me if i used some syntax wrong, i'm kinda new to the way JS handles modules and classes ^^
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    That's bascally one part of the animation library I was writing. I haven't gotten to that part yet, but it seems solid at quick glance. Nicely done.
    Chester
    Chester
    This page has been removed... *insert Troll Face here*
    Zalerinian
    Zalerinian
    There's a period in the url. Take it out and you can see what he posted.
    I probably should have just read the manual before wasting precious time looking for MV's developer console...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

unknown.png

Making good progress with the second chapter. :)

Still work in progress.

(Real life, it is chronically the fourth chapter that I am making.)
constructionworkconcept.pngezgif-2-0acb620ecf8d.gifezgif-2-afeaf16ebb8d.gif "The Great Wall is great. But, most people can only be the slaves who built it, leaving their bones underneath that wall. They spent their whole life to build that wall and the empire, an empire that enslaves them." :kaoswt2: I'm just going to turn it into a modern-day sad tale.

No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
You guys just freely offer up your Autonomy?
I don't know about you, but today the covid frustration is seriously getting to me. Haven't really seen many of my friends for two years, since i moved towns the year before this all started, and well, i miss them :(
so, here's a cute alpacaraptor sketch to heighten the mood:
W7Fhp9n.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avigayil