Jul 2, 2017

Following 1

Birthday:
January 14

Share This Page

Idril

Widdershins Games, Female, from United States

Veteran

Working on setting up my blog - it will have my resources, but mostly I will be focusing on reviewing indie games :) Oct 12, 2015

Idril was last seen:
Jul 2, 2017
    1. Idril
      Idril
      i don't play horror games yet i suddenly have the urge to make one :unsure: dont know if i should roll with it or just ignore my mind's crazy ideas
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Nemo
        Nemo
        Of course you shoud roll with it! Crazy ideas make masterpiece all the time.
        Jul 28, 2016
        2 people like this.
    2. Idril
      Idril
      Happy Mother's Day!! :)
      1. 1 person likes this.
    3. Idril
      Idril
      How does the DMV manage to take the worst pictures ever? :unsure:
      1. View previous comments...
      2. The Mighty Palm
        The Mighty Palm
        Seems like they always snap on 2 instead of 3.
        Unless they telepathically detect that you expect them to do that, in which case they fire on 1.
        May 1, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. Ms Littlefish
        Ms Littlefish
        Every picture I end up needing done is "wow, I have really great nostrils."
        May 1, 2016
      4. Ejronin
        Ejronin
        DMV is notorious for taking bad photos. I dress in a way that supports their lack of photographic skills or, like a clown, that way it doesn't look wrong :)
        May 1, 2016
    4. Idril
      Idril
      Agh, my computer has hard shutdown yesterday and today out of nowhere >.< No idea what's wrong with it, so today will be spent trying to diagnose this weirdness.
      2. Idril
        Idril
        It could be, but I didn't think it seemed particularly hot either of the times - I should check the temperature just to be sure. Unfortunately the battery may be dying, because it's been acting otherwise weird lately, with the screen brightness flickering, and yesterday it flickered to a great deal darker than it's supposed to be and stayed that way until it crashed.
        Apr 22, 2016
      3. Sharm
        Sharm
        It could be the plug that got overheated too, so be careful about that.  Don't let the brick part get covered up.  It does sound like a more serious issue, if I were you I'd be looking into getting a new one and backing everything up just in case.
        Apr 22, 2016
      4. tearsofthenight
        tearsofthenight
        run speedfan and check CPU/GPU temps anything above 70C is considered to "hot" for entry level cpu's
        Apr 22, 2016
    5. Idril
      Idril
      Is the spoiler button missing for anyone else?
      2. Victor Sant
        Victor Sant
        @Euphony the spoilers weren't broken after the forum update, they were broken since a few days ago.

This issue is also affecting the quote. Before, you could highlight a part of a text in a post and the quote button would show so you could quote only the highlighted part, also, post longer show the name of who you are quoting.

I managed a way to add spoilers on my posts by going on an old post that has a spoiler, opening the edit and copying the spoiler box. But i do this only when extremely necessary because it's a lot of work.
        Apr 17, 2016
      3. Euphony
        Euphony
        @Victor Sant I didn't mean the spoiler button missing, I meant the spoilers being stuck open. They've been that way since the forum change...I and other people with resource threads full of spoilers had to go back and fix them like months ago.
        Apr 17, 2016
      4. Euphony
        Euphony
        Unless they were fixed since then, and then broke again, which wouldn't surprise me. xD
        Apr 17, 2016
    6. Idril
      Idril
      Oh gosh it's back!! I hadn't realized how much I check this forum until I couldn't anymore.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des
        Luck Of Kurisu Saimon Des
        Yep it's back online 
        Apr 16, 2016
    7. Idril
      Idril
      Is rpgmakervxace.net down? No links to it are loading for me now, with everything giving 404 errors and the homepage also gives a "sorry, not found" page.
      1. 1 person likes this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Newbie
        Registration Question * Welcome to the RPGMakerVxAce community. Please write in the name of our community.

do u know i should i do,..?

i dont get it what it mean
        Mar 28, 2016
      4. Idril
        Idril
        Probably just to confirm you're a person and not a bot - I think it means to type in RPGMakerVXAce community or maybe just RPGMakerVXAce.
        Mar 28, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      5. LewisDruid
        LewisDruid
        I just noticed that as well xD
        Mar 30, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    8. Idril
      Idril
      I think I'm going to get the MV trial and mess with it - but then if it's really awesome I'll be sad because I'm too poor to afford it. >.< *conflicted*
      1. Victor Sant
        Victor Sant
        Using it at the start can cause some weirdness. For a time i really felt it was just a worse VX Ace with mobile import. But as I got used to it i found out that it's really good.

And the best part is that KDKW allowed the people from degica to make improvements on it (even if being very restrictive about it), wich means that soon it will be better than it already is than VX Ace.
        Mar 23, 2016
        2 people like this.
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        Go for it!

You have 30 days to test it out and really get the hang of things. Then, just keep an eye out for sales, contests, giveaways, etc. :)
        Mar 24, 2016
        2 people like this.
      3. Idril
        Idril
        I downloaded and have already been playing around with it - it's awesome so far :D I will definitely be watching for sales, the character generator alone makes me want it. (and the options for choice boxes!)
        Mar 24, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    9. Idril
      Idril
      Has anyone played Metal Gear Solid 2? And if so, is it good? I got it really cheap at a yard sale and tried a few minutes of it - I stopped pretty quick because I just couldn't get the hang of it and there were like ten minutes worth of cutscenes. Does it get better, or should I just sell it on eBay or something?
      2. Idril
        Idril
        Thanks for the input everybody! I will give it another try the next chance I get :D
        Mar 16, 2016
      3. AwesomeCool
        AwesomeCool
        It has some dated mechanics, but if you can get through that, it should be great. 
        Mar 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      4. AnimaScorpius
        AnimaScorpius
        DUDE! MGS 2 is freaking awesome, its a masterpiece. Yes the cutscenes are long but the best thing about MGS is the story.
        Mar 16, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    10. Idril
      Idril
      Just uploaded my first complete game! :D
      1. 2 people like this.
      2. Bonkers
        Bonkers
        Congrats!
        Mar 4, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    11. Idril
      Idril
      Just submitted my Birthday Bash game thread for approval! *waits anxiously*
      1. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        Good luck! I simply went to sleep when waiting for mine because I was getting too anxious (and because it was 2 am :p)
        Feb 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
      2. Idril
        Idril
        Thanks! :) That's probably what I'll end up doing too, it's so stressful waiting.
        Feb 18, 2016
      3. Nirwanda
        Nirwanda
        When in doubt, sleep it off! ;)
        Feb 18, 2016
        1 person likes this.
    12. Idril
      Idril
      Working on setting up my blog - it will have my resources, but mostly I will be focusing on reviewing indie games :)
    13. Idril
      Idril
      I've determined that I'm not having nasty allergies, I have a cold :(
    14. Idril
      Idril
      I need to check to see how much rainy-day money I have - if I don't get the preorder I know I'll regret it!
    15. Idril
      Idril
      Everything in the DS pack is so cute, I don't want to hurt those adorable chibi battlers!
      1. Knighteriius
        Knighteriius
        lol I haven't seen the chibi battlers. o.o they must be really cute.
        Sep 25, 2015
      2. StrawberrySmiles
        StrawberrySmiles
        Are you talking about DS+? Mine didn't come with chibi battlers. :(
        Sep 25, 2015
      3. Idril
        Idril
        @Knighteriius - lol they are!

@Strawfairy - Had to go look, and yeah, the chibi ones are from DS+
        Sep 25, 2015
    16. Idril
      Idril
      Just bought the Game Maker Mega Bundle! Now to install all the goodies xD
    17. Idril
      Idril
      Finally getting around to reorganizing all my resource folders >.< so messy!
    18. Idril
      Idril
      I have a whole game universe, lore, and a cast of characters with backstories and personalities - but have no idea what the game's plot is >.<
      2. Idril
        Idril
        Thanks all of you for your suggestions... I am going to try to come up with something tonight :)
        Sep 8, 2015
      3. Niten Ichi Ryu
        Niten Ichi Ryu
        Most important: define the scope of which story you want to tell. I would start with a non epic adventure, like help a village. that will help your world come to life and inspire you for further plots
        Sep 8, 2015
      4. Candacis
        Candacis
        you are suffering from the worldbuilder illness
        Sep 8, 2015
        1 person likes this.
  • About

Birthday:
    January 14
    First Language:
    English
    I played around with the VX trial a few years back and never got around to buying it, and now I have Ace. Gaming-wise I'm super into Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and Kingdom Hearts. I'm working on a ton of projects at a time. I'm also a self-taught artist (see my icon for an example of my work), and have been working on teaching myself the basics of pixel art. I consider myself fairly good at eventing, and I have a basic understanding of Ruby scripting.

For the Birthday Bash I made my first completed game, a short science-fiction/fantasy called Haven.

[​IMG]

A list of games I am going to play (for my reference, lol). At the moment it is all Birthday Bash stuff.

• Sasha and Sir Plutarch's Fabulous RMVenture by Nirwanda
    • Jayce and Stacy Ruin Everything: The Resident House of Evil on Haunted Silent Hill by Hallowthug
    • Lab 331 by taarna23
    • Piece of Cake by hiddenone
    • Banner Avenue by beenbaba
    • Invictia by Metronome
    • Haldornia: Moonfall by Skyforger

Lots of stuff! Fantasy, steampunk, general geekery, video games, writing, and art

Signature

[​IMG]
    My Stuff:

[​IMG]
    I Support:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Randomness:

[​IMG]