ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• MZ Spoiler Thread: Blah, blah, blah, blah...
    Me: :kaoslp:
    Mog: Star Ocean Battle system!
    Me:
    :MV1:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I really don't see it going 3D, it has a niche market of old school JRPGs. 3D doesn't really mesh with that concept. Even what I'm doing is just 2.5 graphics since while I do use the Z coordinate... Nothing moves between that. Though I guess technically now that I just said that.... All that dictates the layer something is on is it's .z coordinate.... So by comparing the X, Y and Z....
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ...of a particle graphic (or just an image), I can interact in 3D, and I can move it between the layers by changing it's .z coordinate. =D I have no idea why I will do with this arcane knowledge... My game already operates on 40 layers to avoid particle conflicts. :LZSexcite: Not like that's anything special... or difficult to do though.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    @PixeLockeT I will so buy MZ if Mog makes that plugin. :LZSwink:
    // Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
    // Didn't install Elfkisser.
    Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
    I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Obligatory Hero 3 mention because it's absurd and everybody should see this awkward secret level from HFM. :LZSwink:
    So correct me if I'm wrong, the MIT License basically lets me do whatever I want with code as long as I include the MIT License right? I was considering forking Terrax Lighting as a different plugin to avoid any confusion with regular Terrax Lighting and the changes I've made/keep making. But I don't want to do that if it's not legal.
    At first I was going to make a desert for a specific sequence in my game... And then I had PTSD from Breath of Fire 3's desert. Now I am making a sky city instead which will be glorious! I guess I should thank that awful game. :LZSskeptic:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @slimmmeiske2 "At first I was going to make a dessert for a specific sequence in my game... And then I had PTSD from Breath of Fire 3's dessert." Guess the Breath of Fire 3 dessert was something crap, like natural yoghurt with no additional flavourings. :p
    Probotector 200X
    Probotector 200X
    Breath of Fire 3 is one of my favorite games! Top 10 probably. I actually really liked the desert...the trick is that the guy tells you the right way to do it, but the book he leaves you to doublecheck the info is WRONG. I assume it's an error, or maybe the guy is a troll...Still, I understand why people don't like the desert, but I thought it was pretty unique.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I swear I always fall asleep once the great conversations happen on here.... Then again It's often 3-4am at the time for me, so I guess it's not too surprising. :kaoback: And yeah nobody is saying that BoF3's desert is anything but unique... But unique, well isn't always good. Also I didn't realize the book he leaves is wrong... I somehow hate that game more now. :LZSwink:
    Me: I'll just follow these people on Instagram.
    Instagram: Stop following people, you are bot, bad bot! NO U! Ban if continue!
    Me: Sorry for being engaged on your platform, I'll try being less engaged next time? :kaoback:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah I guess there is some kind of limit on how often you can make actions. So I get error messages, and warnings saying to stop. Also there's a lot of awkward things about the service such as having to trick it upload from a computer, or odd sized photos and videos. Really I kind of hate the service, but I'm the most popular on it of any of the social medias. My last video the same one....
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I posted on YouTube got 3 whole likes there... But Instagram, it got 41 likes. So I'm super incentivized to use it.. But wow is it a poorly designed platform that apparently restricts engagement. :kaoswt:
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Geez!
    Steam: Have some free garbage stickers you can use for chatting.
    Epic: Here are 71 free games since mid December, many of which are AAA titles.
    Me: Steam who? :popcorn:
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @ImaginaryVillain, thank you for cut through the rumors. I am thinking it is just hype, but not sure. I am not concerned with data collecting because it is how internet businesses operated anyhow. I think people talk about malware and cyberattacks.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The thing to note about Epic is that it's 40% owned by Tencent which is a Chinese Investment company and is one the largest companies in the world. They an interesting research topic, especially for all that they own. But the thing to note about China is if your company has 100+ employees you're required to have a Chinese Communist Party member on your board. Also at any time the Chinese government...
    • Wow
    Reactions: Kupotepo
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ...can "request" any info from your company including sensitive info such as payment info. Request is the word they use, but make no mistake about it, it's not one you get to refuse. Their law is actually that you have to provide that info. If a company fails to do so, China simply kicks them out. And few corporations want to lose such a large market, so they just comply.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Kupotepo
    I'm busy tearing stuff out of Terrax Lighting until I get to the heart of the actual script... Truly of all the plugins I've seen, this has to be the most difficult one to edit (it's not object oriented). But I started with 3,221 lines (had the Ultra Mode 7 edit) and now I'm down to 2,240... It still does everything I was using it for. :LZSexcite:
    Guardinthena
    Guardinthena
    Oh wow! That's fantastic! Saw on the thread that it runs faster for you, so congratulations on that!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah I actually edited it again earlier today, was running tests and thinking the tests were successful.. Then I realized I was actually editing the wrong copy of it... And when I tested today's edits they broken. :kaoswt: So well at least the version I posted works well.
    Two weeks ago, upgrade graphics to PIXI particles... Game no longer has trouble with 5 enemies on the screen.
    One week ago... Upgrade to PIXI 4.8.9... Game adds back in Terrax Lighting.
    Today Upgrade to PIXI 5.3... Game now does 60FPS in 1920x1080 (was 1280x720 before)...
    I'm not even sure I want that resolution... But I can't pass up more power. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Now I kind of want to investigate PIXI lights as a replacement for Terrax Lighting. Hmm....
    Dalph
    Dalph
    4K PVGames graphics and glitter FTW
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I prefer their more technical name of "sparkles" versus glitter. :LZSskeptic: Glitter's that awful crap that's basically sand if sand identified as shiny. Never comes out of anything, and if you spill it you'll be finding it in every nook and cranny for weeks. :kaolivid:

It would look good in 4k though... :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Dalph
    I really just enjoy the threads about Lord Em Zed, and his continuing oppression of the spandex wearing Em Zee rangers. * wipes a tear away * It's beautiful! As a villain I can get behind all forms of oppression, except that which is against flying winged slimes who deliver cupcakes.... I mean I'm not a monster after all! :kaoback:
    Well now that my intern has left, hopefully she wasn't too useless. Honestly you step out for one cultist meeting to summon Lord Em Zed to deal with some spandex wearing teenagers, and she's already changing all of my avatars. :LZSskeptic: I guess we know who's volunteering for our sacrifice next week. :mrsatan:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I'd like to take this moment to talk about summoning and cults. Just because you summon doesn't mean you're in a cult, and not all cults summon. And people who sacrifice without chanting are wasting a person.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's what I'm saying, too many unfair stereotypes about innocent cults. I mean sometimes we just want to gather together to barbecue in a backyard, and not at the human sacrifice pits. People can be so unfair! :kaolivid:

And I don't know about sacrifices without chanting being a waste, how else are we supposed to deal with Karens who want to see the manager? :kaoback:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Oh whatever man, you do this every week. "Oh, this time we're really gonna sacrifice someone." Ten to one you're gonna end up at Wendy's grabbing a Baconator. Let's do something real, man
    At first I was like... Geez, I should probably get a better microphone so I can do YouTube stuff. Then I tried my headset and discovered it actually sounds pretty good (with the right filter setup)... But I haven't really listened to my own recorded voice much... So I was quickly doing voice impressions and cracking up. No RM work was done this night. :kaoswt:
    Reactions: Marsigne
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Have you given yourself a dark lord voice morph? :p I have a program called Morph Vox Pro that has a lot of fun voice changers, one of which is a dark lord.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I can actually do a deep dark voice. I considered that... Then again I also don't want to scare people away from my RM stuff, at least not videos on how to do stuff. But if I play the narrator for my game or if I decide to read horror stories or something... I'm set. :LZSwink:
    I'm kind of debating on how much to include in my tools plugin. It's basically has the formulas I use for event vs event/array proximity, player vs event/array proximity, how my events track the player, how they locate objects, a data scoop for on player direction and a data scoop for any spot you want. Somehow I don't think the normies would use most of that. :kaoswt:
    Reactions: Marsigne
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Maybe I should just give them my event interaction formulas and call it a day. I did at the very least promise some people that. :kaoswt:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Sounds complex ^^;
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Honestly I didn't really write it for other people to use. I mean they can, it is after all just lots of formulas. I could just package the 4 formulas I have for if events are too close or too far, and the ones if events are too close or too far from the player. Those 4 formulas basically handle all the interactions in my game anyway. It's what people have been asking for.
    Whoa! What happened here? You do not look at all like I thought you would look behind that cloak!
    As I remake my entire game in particles... (because solid graphics are for silly people)... I can't help but hear the intro to the "Particle Man" song. :kaoswt:
    Decided to take a break from working on the other area to rework this one. I've done two major randomizer restructures since I even looked at it. :kaoback:

Lots of reworking ahead, definitely not satisfied with how it looks right now. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Not yet, but it's on the road to it. :LZSwink: I really only planned two biomes that were all nice... One just happen to be at the beginning so I've been working it more than others. The other 4... well... We're going down the rabbit hole. :LZSexcite: Depending on how long it takes there might be more.. But I need those 6 biomes to specifically tell the story I have planned.
    Lornsteyn
    Lornsteyn
    This reminds me of the Eclipse from Berserk. :kaoswt2:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh wow, I looked that up.... Yes, I will make something horrifying like that. Probably not for this area... But near the end, oh yes. :LZSexcite:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

JDgoldvox wrote on Mr. Detective's profile.
hey, could u help me with a problem? basically, How do I delete a character from a map after a cut scene is over? I am really new with RPG maker MV. Please help!
The most rewarding part of making custom body character parts is absolutely not making the masks work. Somebody please put me out of my misery.
Any commercial devs here ever mess with Gamejolt? Been contemplating making my games available there but don't know if it's worth the effort or not.
Social distancing taught me of how much of not a loner I am. Dammit, I miss seeing my friends...
Happy 4th of July all. Anybody have plans? Mine here is staying home away from the virus. Still a nice 3 day weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
superfluffy