ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Me: I just want to sit and work on my game all day everyday! Shiny code! Shiny graphics! Yay! :LZSexcite:
    Other people: What if we give you money not to?
    Me: :kaoswt:
    //Long pause...

Me: You've won this day foul temptress! :kaolivid:
    actual_pixi_6_0_4_comment.jpg

"Keep in mind doing that will forever make you a jerk face." - Pixi JS 6.0.4

:LZSlol:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It was pretty funny after reading so many lines of performance code, and technical comments and boom... Jerk face! :LZSlol:

I wish they'd just toss stuff like that in every handful of paragraphs, it would make it way more fun to read through.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Go read the shadowing fast inverse square root (Fast InvSqrt()) of quake 3 arena, the comments are... "amusing" to say the least. :kaojoy:
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Reminds me of the disclaimer I used to put after the config section of my VX Ace scripts: "Editing anything beyond this point will result in baldness and loss of earnings".
    Part of me wants to stream making this new city map... But the other part of me is too busy yawning to really care. Maybe I'll just private stream it and then have YouTube send me a version later I can speed up. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    TLDR: I found better hair than the god hair, and must now use it because it is the new one true hairstyle. :kaopride:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Will this new hair also cause your computer to die a little inside? xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Nope, it actually uses 5 gigs less of RAM and almost no GPU but looks better! :kaoback: All of the those sacrifices volunteers I sent to Lord Cthulhu really paid off. To think their sad little lives could have so much meaning by bringing such an amazing thing into the world! It's beautiful! :kaocry:
    Today while doing some research on Victorian fashion, I've learned something interesting. Apparently much of it was based on the Tuberculosis pandemic that ravaged the era. Not only was darker colors such as black worn often due to the vast number of funerals people had to attend. But they actually romanticized the look of "consumption"... basically the look of dying to Tuberculosis.
    I just wanted to point out the thing that is almost impossible miss....
    and_what_does_this_look_like.png
    From the back her hair looks like a phallic symbol. Now you know why I ended up going to so much trouble to change the model, you're welcome. :LZSwink:
    Today I attempted to touch the pinnacle of hairstyles in the Daz world. A hair so powerful it required two extra setting turned on just to look at it. When I attempted to see it in Iray it shown so bright with it's mightiness that my computer fell before it. Quest failed, hair too strong... Only the fashion chosen one can wield such a fabulous hairstyle. :kaoback:
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    normal_hair.jpg
    For reference, here's the resource requirements of a normal hair and the same model.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    recommended_settings.jpg
    Then I put it at it's recommended settings. Not the max ones mind you, and still without the horn attachments... This hair is literally a computer killer. The recommended settings are 3/10 and 3/10 on two sliders. :kaoback:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    If we don't hear from you for a while, we'll know it's because this hairstyle caused your computer to meltdown and you had to save up to buy a new one. xD I wonder if it's rendering every single strand of hair, and giving each strand its own geometry and dforce physics?
    Going to work on another map if anybody wants to watch. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I've decided I like Streaming... Not because I think I'm good (I'm not), or because I want a career in it, or even that I care if people watch. No, no. I now have an excuse to talk to myself and not look crazy. Excellent. :kaopride:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I get that XD I talk to myself a lot. Initially it was just to improve my English so I kept saying random stuff to myself when I was alone. Now it's become a habit :") Sometimes it gets weird when someone hears me cause 1. I'm talking to myself and 2. It's in English XD I could come watch your stream a little if I'm free ^^ It's interesting to know how devs work.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The secret is to carry a cellphone around next to your ear as you talk, then people will just think it's just normal. :LZSwink:

Also I'm always to happy people to chat with. Goodness knows if nobody is around, I'll talk my own ear off... And nobody wants that. :kaoswt:
    and_remember_tomorrow_tempus.jpg

She'll make time for you. :LZSwink:
    Just in case you want to watch me work on a map and creating some assets... I guess live?

May as well test it. Doubt I'll be entertaining.. Probably just end up playing with dolls or something. :LZSwink:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Looks like some sort of nightmare hellscape. Pipes, cogs, and plates all over the place. Is that a sea of tea? Watch out, or us British might have to conquer you for that. xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh... the land of Omnia has an underlaying theme.... It's a giant tea making machine that converts blood to water, then to tea. You just get to see it in reverse. Really puts a different spin on the tea party that happens very early on. We only serve the finest blend here. :LZSgrin:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    At some point.... If the story goes long enough, it's not an "Alice in Wonderland" story at all. It's actually a "Count of Monte Cristo" story. Which is why "Acceptance" will be the most brutal chapter, we're just in Denial right now. This is just a happy "Wonderland" with death on the line. :LZSexcite:
    Well I was testing my new microphone with a private stream... And it came out fairly well, much better than the first attempt which we won't speak of. Mostly a bit too mechanical, and the talking cuts awkwardly occasionally. Still good enough to post, so if for some reason you want to watch me finish a map in Inkarnate, and the put it into MZ, with collision, etc..

Reactions: dreamfall887
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    No idea if I'll ever bother to do one live... I kind of get distracted easily. But I've definitely got the time to just click record while I'm already working... It's like 30 seconds of work. So much faster than editing a whole video. :LZSexcite:
    and_remember_tomorrow_nihil.jpg

I made a new friend. He just kind of stands there watching, but he's good company in a friendly sort of don't go to sleep kind of way. :LZSexcite:
    //Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
    //Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
    :kaoswt:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Better than what happens to me whenever I don't get my fix; I just get severe headaches that don't really go away with painkillers. If ever an apocalypse happened, I'm convinced coffee, or any caffeinated product, would become the new currency.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh.. if I just went cold turkey I have no doubt I'd have caffeine massive withdrawal headaches. Had to dial back though. Did you know around 400 mg is considered safe levels of caffeine in a day? Rookie levels if you ask me. :kaolivid:

Also, I fully accept caffeine, bottle caps and ammo in the apocalypse. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    In other news, tell me this doll isn't amazing! :LZSexcite:
    spookydolltexturesforbuggaboo00maindaz3d.jpg

I didn't make her or anything, and I don't really need her for the game. But man am I tempted to pick up the asset packs for her just because she's so cool.

Plus she's probably super friendly... In that you shouldn't go to sleep sort of way. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: Quexp
    I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
    and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg
    So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You'd end up seeing me building and adding maps to the game, art, particle work, eventing and probably some amount of programming, along with game testing. Probably everything except for Daz3D work, which my computer can barely handle without even streaming. Those 8.1 models are savage.
    Reactions: Alador
    Not that I have any use for them, but Humble Bundle has a new RPG Asset Bundle available for those interested. You can find it here. Happy asset hoarding. :LZSwink:

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Or dont, and leave the people shaking fists in anger thanks to the deceitful cave entrance that its just part of the wall, bonus points if you make it difficult to reach, it would be on par with your villain status afterall :kaopride:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Heh maybe. Honestly I just keep making maps and expanding my world, and thus new ideas come to me and I make those too. I even considered tying a parallax to a switch, and turning the parallax off if the player is close enough to it, basically allowing the player to just go inside without a map change.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

cst.PNG
What would you assume this thing was/is?
1623528827049.png
Ah yes. Just the reference I was looking for to use for my portrait. Thanks Google.
BCj
Made a logo for Mana Star :D
330bb1fde7bb06b13e23fefd83501163.png
it's e3 season again..!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andgelou520