ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Not going to lie, every time I think... "Hey maybe I'll release this plugin so the others can use it" ....I see someone bug Hudell about one of his plugins, and remember how he deleted everything just to avoid that. Then I realize I'm soooooo not nice enough to provide all that free tech support, so I don't release the plugin. :LZSwink:
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    That doesn't mean I wouldn't redirect them back to the forum especially when they started to ask for a script edit which either I don't agree with the design or too lazy to make a change :p
    Shaz
    Shaz
    It's more that they don't have to get an answer from me - there are heaps of people who could answer them, and when I have time, I will if someone hasn't done so already. And by posting in the forum, there's info there for others who might have the same issue. And if you help some people 1on1, they'll keep coming back for other things.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I mean if they keep coming back and the topic is still about my script. Fine by me. Now, if they come back and bring a different topic, that is not fine.

Edit: While you have a point on people may have the same issue. My reason is more, I like to discuss what I've done (my script). And see what people think (and have issues). It's for my own interest.
    Two weeks ago, I posted my first video. Just broke 100 subs. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Definitely, I was thinking of making my banner c/ImaginaryVillain before I discovered that, just to help people remember. So glad I get to avoid that awkward mess.
    LVGames
    LVGames
    Wow you doing work, great job! all ready pass 100 :kaojoy:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    All victories here are claimed in the name of Corona-chan.... without her, I wouldn't be stuck inside with waaaaaaaaaay too many hours in the day to obsess over this stuff. :LZSwink:
    Today I decided to re-imagine my game with newer, larger graphics. :LZSexcite:
    Just started a new area... And I can proudly say the floor tiles now rot away to reveal what looks like blood, meat and organs. Thanks Silent Hill, I doubt I'd ever had the idea without you. :LZSexcite:

This pic's insanely early in the process, I was just excited.
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Don't worry about those.... I kind of er... already reworked the scale of one of the areas. :kaopride:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I don't really know much about screen resolution. For me, it's "bigger is better!" Lmao. I'm working on 1008x576. It was 1920x1080 initially but everything was tiny so I used a zoom plugin. But it slowed down the fps so I shifted to this one.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's pretty much what changing the resolution does. Your graphics still take up the same number of pixels, it's just higher resolutions have more pixel space so stuff appears smaller. I like to think of lowering the resolution as a "ghetto zoom function". :LZSwink: Agreed though, bigger is definitely better, nobody ever complained about a more detailed prettier world.

New area, and testing 2.5D enemies! Definitely going to have to optimize for them. Also... find a way to make them more visible. :LZSskeptic:
    So for reasons I don't understand, I decided to try my game at 852x400 resolution.... It was kind of cool to see the character up close. But quite nauseating to see the madness effect that close. :barf:
    Normal 852x400..

Madness 852x400...

I almost want to record a video of it, the swirling words are quite something that close.
    I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
    Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
    Yesterday.... 6 total subscribers on my YouTube, today 33. To think I was foolishly trying to put out videos to grow my subscriber base. That's just crazy talk. :LZSskeptic:

I wonder if I can hit 100 by the end of the week. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Shaz and LVGames
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Whoa there... You not only expect me to finish my game but also make it fun?! That's crazy talk, here at the RM forums we don't finish games, let alone intentionally make them fun! That's just weird! *adds in 20 extra hours of grinding* :LZSskeptic:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    First it was reactions, now it's subscribers ... where will it end?!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I think my signature says it best, ""We should have stopped him sooner!' - Future Historian"

Really it ends with me realizing my dream of releasing a game, and at least 2 maybe even 3 people playing it... Without needing to resort to kidnapping their families... again! :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Just going to leave this here. :LZSwink:
    My new animated paths are beautiful, and look fantastic next to my improved lake/river maps. :LZSexcite:

At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips