ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• // Thinks of multiple gameplay ideas....
    Alright, how do I decide which one to choose? ....Oh wait I know! Which one needs the most sparkles? :LZSexcite:
    You know, it might actually just be easier to give a major recurring NPC a bunch of reactive subroutines versus just hard programming their actions. Such as if the player gets too close the NPC will complain about being pushed, or playfully dance away. Or if they're say too close to a particular type of event like a special flower they'll run over and smell it. This merits some experimentation. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Ah yes, the Bethesda approach. It's all fun and games until the guards in your prison start murdering quest important npcs for bread because the subroutines tell them they should eat but the devs neglected to give them access to their own food, then you start questioning everything. Is this how humanity started? Is god just a lazy programmer? ~philosophical questions for game devs
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm not going to lie.... Just the thought that at some point someone will be playing my game, and will encounter a very rare subroutine that will do something like show unusual images, ask weird questions, or just behave in a very usual way amuses me. Especially if I make it insanely rare so it will be nearly impossible to prove it to anybody... Maybe if I'm lucky they'll think they're going crazy. :LZSexcite:
    So I started experimenting with micro biomes by mashing up the more good-natured areas of my game. I've got 10 prototype micro biomes so far.... And honestly I kind of like the results. :LZSexcite:

So I added lighting, improved the pixel movement, created some new types of areas, created a narrator to spawn stuff around the player, and setup a system to link it all together making the world infinite... Of course normally the areas wouldn't be linked together like this. But it's kind of just for fun and showcasing. :LZSexcite:
    // Remake entire game in particles... check
    // Create a narrator that tracks the player and creates content... check
    // Add lighting... check
    // Add pixel movement... check
    // Make world infinite... check
    // Successfully record game for a video with no hint of lag in 1080p? ...Uh oh. :kaoswt:
    Why must computer be potato?! :kaolivid:
    I'm amazed at the performance increase I saw in just going through and rescoping the variables in other people's plugins that I'm using. You know what that means? :LZSexcite:
    //Tosses more absurd stuff onto the game of "Jenga" that is his RM project.
    :rheh:
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Oh wow. Yeah, that would clog your **** up good and proper.
    nio kasgami
    nio kasgami
    it's RM you don't have to expect people to be pro coder xD

for me I began to do import/ export type of infrastructure
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Eh, I don't even count myself as a pro coder. I'm more like a pretend artist, who fakes at being a programmer, who dreams of being a writer. Hopefully if I can unite the "fake it till you make it" TriForce, I can summon up a halfway decent game. :LZSwink:
    // Gives his message plugin the ability to evaluate any string as a function call and stuff it into MV's update cycle.
    // Finally makes his Randomizer not require his message plugin to operate at efficient levels.
    Progress! Now I just need my Randomizer to not need one other plugin function. :kaoswt:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I never tried to put like....fault...on SRD, I just stated that there's common compatibility issues with other plugins. Yeah, a lot of that burden is on the plugin maker......you can totally do things that make your plugins less compatible with others....no one is perfect lol, but it doesn't make sense to blame the user or other plugin writers, JavaScript doesn't use SRD's plugins as some kind of standard....
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I only mentioned Yanfly because you mentioned Yanfly, and because we were specifically talking about slowdown. I'm aware that you said Yanfly tested all the plugins on a 'potato' computer, but a lot of us have or have had one of those and had the opposite results. Yanfly's plugins were clearly listed in the suggested order on the website, it's not that all of us did it wrong and only Yanfly did it right
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    But for me, it wasn't just from using all of them. Any time you have 100+ plugins, expect some kind of performance change lol, but it didnt' take 100+ Yanfly plugins to get my (old) comp to slow down. Yanfly is allowed to not be perfect.. He isn't a JS God, just a good scripter.
    //peeks out from behind some bushes
    Psst! Psst!
    //waits for everyone to gather...
    I saw it! I saw it!
    //looks around conspiratorially then leans over and whispers
    Galv updated a plugin!
    :rheh:
    No sudden moves, we don't want to scare him off. :kaoback:
    Quick someone setup a Patron trap while we distract him. :LZSexcite:
    The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    First a Yanfly, then a Mog, now a Galv sighting?! Wow if we see a SRD and Quxios sighting that's basically plugin dev bingo. :LZSexcite: Maybe if I sacrifice a few more minions to Cthulhu it will summon them... I mean not going to lie I was going to sacrifice the minions anyway... But now I can claim it's for the "greater good", which pretty much makes me the "good guy" here. :kaopride:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    @Dalph Yeah the whole Patr eon thing basically makes no sense, it's like they don't want people to make a living off this. But people who do make living off it benefit the community so much, since we get way better resources. A complete mystery to me, seems like it really hurts the community to take the stance they did. :kaoswt: Bit chute is also another funny one they block here.
    JosephSeraph
    JosephSeraph
    yeah despite the word Patapon beincg censored i'm looking forward to more creators being able to make a living off of their work in the MZ era. Itch.Io is probably a good way to do that. Nice to see you around, Galv!
    Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
    //Goes to install Windows 10.... Learns about the catastrophe that is NVidia's current driver situation.
    :vxmegane:
    //Discovers Lint Mint 20 "Ulyana" is out.
    You know I was only looking to "kiss some Elves". But "Ulyana" is looking mighty fine. I don't think I need any Elfkisser with her around. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ...the wrong driver when looking for the newest driver. So in doing researching they were like, "Install it from the Windows Store"... Okay, that tells me it's not compatible either. I've been updating Windows 10 to see if that fixes the problem. So far no luck. There are a whole lot of forum threads on NVidia's site about this too. Kind of crazy really, NVidia's proprietary 64bit Linux driver works perfectly.
    FirestormNeos
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Was more just surprising, according to their people's a move Microsoft wanted them to do. And I get the GTX 1060 I have is a dumpster tier graphics card these days. But they still officially support it, so I was just surprised no version of their drivers appears to work for anybody. Oh well... I really wasn't super invested in the experiment. Probably easier to just compile Elfkisser for LInux. :LZSwink:
    Yay! My new Doomsday machine..... er... "Heroic" machine is ready!
    //pushes button :LZSexcite:
    Uh oh what's that rumbling?!
    // Game explodes :kaoback:
    That's the fourth time this week! :kaolivid:
    // Gets to work building next "Heroic" Machine. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Apparently it's the PIXI 5.3 update having some problems, had to go back to 4.8.9 :kaocry:
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Who would have ever thought that would happen when you pushed a button on the Doomsday Machine?!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    // coughs and points to the hastily scribble paper with the words "Heroic Machine" taped over what's clearly "Doomsday Machine."
    See, clearly it's a Heroic Machine. I don't know where you got this other idea about it from. :kaoswt:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Oh look, 12 more free Daz3D models. *adds them to his collection * Yes, the fools... Give it a few months and my collection will be crazy, all without paying a dime. I still have no idea if I'll ever learn the software, but hey... Just in case, these models are quite expensive. In two weeks, they've already given me almost $400 worth of free models. :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    With every free model they cede a little more of their power. One day they will have no models left to give, and you shall rule over them having never spent a penny! They'll ask themselves how their marketing strategy didn't work, why giving you new free models constantly didn't lead to you actually buying anything, but they'll be met with only the silence of their folly and a new dark master to serve.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha yes, we'll call that the Epic Games theory. I have no idea why companies think giving me an insane amount of free stuff is going to get me to buy stuff. Quite the opposite, I end up with huge piles of stuff, and absolutely no desire to buy anything. Not that I'm complaining, it just seems so counter productive. Almost like they went to the same school of "Y U Do Dis?" as MZ's marketing team. :LZSwink:
    This image made me realize... My new sky area needs flying dominoes. :LZSexcite:

Though I will probably make them more awkward in some unforeseen way. :LZSwink:
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Alice Madness Returns. Good stuff.
    Kes
    Kes
    What took you so long to realise that? Tsk, tsk, no slacking off.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha, that's what I'm thinking. I should spend more time making absurd graphics versus doing technical stuff in the background. :LZSexcite: @Dalph I'm such a rabid fan of American McGee's visuals. Also he has the best version of Cheshire Cat, let nobody tell you different.
    I find it so weird that someone with a solid sense of humour like you is working on a game that is so twisted and serious.
    I was expecting something hilarious, like: Tea Party with my Favourite Villain Neighbor or How to Antagonize Heroes Overlord Edition.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    So I wrote Lumina as a dead replacement Light Goddess, daddy’s favorite and a real spoiled princess about it. Then had her stuck dealing with Miranda, an innocent, “tell me about the rabbits” character who she has to keep entertained. Mostly because Miranda controls the world she’s stuck in, and will kill her if she’s not a fun play thing. But then I made Miranda also in danger, ...
    Reactions: Dalph
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    …..so Lumina has to protect her to save herself.

Basically a real recipe for awkward, absurd comedic moments set against a very horrific backdrop. And the villain of the story… Oh man, I love that character! I never get to write a character who is so over the top evil. But when you realize what she is, it just makes sense. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Dalph
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Sounds interesting overall, looking forward to give it a shot when you'll release it.
    So I was explaining to someone today that Magic (the Gathering) has advertised itself as a Trading Card Game (TCG) and a Collectable Card Game (CCG), but never a playing card game. Playing cards are what they use for stuff like Poker or Black Jack. So by playing Magic with the cards, they were in fact doing it wrong, and me trading the cards is a correct usage. :popcorn:
    MZ Spoiler Thread: Blah, blah, blah, blah...
    Me: :kaoslp:
    Mog: Star Ocean Battle system!
    Me:
    :MV1:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I really don't see it going 3D, it has a niche market of old school JRPGs. 3D doesn't really mesh with that concept. Even what I'm doing is just 2.5 graphics since while I do use the Z coordinate... Nothing moves between that. Though I guess technically now that I just said that.... All that dictates the layer something is on is it's .z coordinate.... So by comparing the X, Y and Z....
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ...of a particle graphic (or just an image), I can interact in 3D, and I can move it between the layers by changing it's .z coordinate. =D I have no idea why I will do with this arcane knowledge... My game already operates on 40 layers to avoid particle conflicts. :LZSexcite: Not like that's anything special... or difficult to do though.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    @PixeLockeT I will so buy MZ if Mog makes that plugin. :LZSwink:
    // Looks at Elfkisser, realizes he'd have to either install Windows 10 or compile it for Linux
    // Didn't install Elfkisser.
    Too much effort for a curiosity. :popcorn:
    I'm starting to wonder if I should go the Half Minute Hero route with my game. The character's main weapon is logistically way too strong. So I can't really let the player continuously grow it.... But if they had to build it up each time like HMH, that could work. Also it lets me take advantage of my randomly generated maps so much more. Hmm... This could work! :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Obligatory Hero 3 mention because it's absurd and everybody should see this awkward secret level from HFM. :LZSwink:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

One 3-day jam and a Game Awards... this month is moving... \o/
Maker-ing has been being the best thing that happened to me this year so far. it is so good to rescue some old skills fo creativity and the people I have met are really incredible. I love my coffelanders and tocudos buddies. Maybe one day I will reach other countries folks too. S2
Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
How to change your netbooks screen resolution

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vollar45