ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• No edits, just gameplay from one area to the next. Plus all my new shiny interface stuff... And I even remember to bolt down the portal so it won't escape this time. :kaopride:
    and_remember_tomorrow_more_redesigns_4.jpg

edit: The complete redesign of my player HUD, Time rewind message, mini map and puzzle map.... I'll toss up an animated version later. :LZSexcite:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    You only mentioned one particle effect, thats way less than expected go and add more particles :p
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh don't worry, there's always time to toss in more particles. :LZSwink:

Also I ended up liking the Time Rewind red so much, that I colored them all that way. Much more striking and easier to see over the levels, plus it's a bit more sinister. :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    In hindsight... I could have probably made them all smaller initially. Turns out each one is a 42x42 map.... And far too intricate to even show the kind of detail I put in. Not going to lie... I'm sooooo going to sneak them into maps later. With that much work put in, it would almost be silly not to. :kaoswt:
    Reactions: Quexp

I should probably step away from the sparkles... but they're soooooooo shiny! :kaoswt:

Anyway stuff of note:
    New interface.
    The puzzle pieces now a build a puzzle in the upper right corner.
    The Nihil is represented by the line with skulls. That represents where the map no longer exists at the moment.
    Reactions: Juanita Star
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    What do you mean with "non-particle enemies"? Everything must have particles and sparkles, everything.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's true, I could add particles to each enemy even though they're animated. :LZSexcite: I also need to make my own particle system so the particles can appear in the picture layers, then I can make a tiny version of the particle appear on the mini map as well. :LZScool:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    And then you add particles to the particles for the ultimate sparkly experience.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Probably the best to stay optimistic about the situation. So let's hope it actually is a rebranding even though deleting everything without leaving a hint seems too drastic. I hope everything's fine on their end.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh I know the truth, Mog's.....
    //Knocking at the door
    ...Oh hey one sec, my pizza's here. :LZSexcite:
    //Goes off to get the door, shouting is heard, along with sounds of a scuffle, then a loud thump and silence.
    //An obviously different voices responds.
    Yes, I hope Mog is fine too.
    Juanita Star
    Juanita Star
    Same, really xD hope everything turns allright.

Swag collecting in the new randomly generated area. Now the mini map also shows the randomly generated features... And even illustrates the whole "bubble" system" that I made to manage memory... Though that part's inadvertent. We'll just call that "the fog of war"... Yes, that's what we'll do. Nobody will be the wiser! :kaopride:
    and_remember_tomorrow_beside_myself.jpg

The worst part about making custom stuff is, I can't really ask any of you why a second copy of the character randomly appears only when going SW, S, or SE and changing directions. Been bugging me for the last two days. On the plus side, look at the new random map pieces I made while thinking about it.:LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    @The Stranger Honestly... One of my favorite things about game design is the endless programming puzzles it creates. That's why I've gone so far off the deep end tinkering with stuff. :LZSexcite: Admittedly learning to code via breaking things in RM pretty much taught me to code like a 3rd rate hacker. So I'm much happier to just go around RM's awful programming than use it. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Alright... turns out that all I needed to do was tell my Image plugin itself to have a function that dynamically adjusts Z coordinates based on the target's Y coordinate and whatever number I wanted to adjust by... Instead of having my secondary plugin do it. Problem solved! :LZSexcite: Somewhere I in all that I messed up the jump animation though. :kaoswt: Oh well... after 5am here, don't care till later.
    Featherbrain
    Featherbrain
    I know what you mean. Having enough plugins will get you to the same point, too, but once you write your own stuff, you're truly on your own. But it's satisfying when you figure it out.
    Here I am writing a jumping collision checker for QMovement's colliders, only to discover QM-Collision Map uses colors, not colliders to determine passability. :kaoback:

Specifically it converts all colors to black, then runs checks to see if it finds a black pixel to stop player movement. Quxios is a mad genius. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Bendyizzt
    Jragyn
    Jragyn
    That would explain much of the way he coded things (the mad genius part).
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The more I look into his code, the more I realize he really was on a whole other level.
    Reactions: Jragyn
    and_remember_tomorrow_comfy_new_chair.jpg

Check out my comfy new chair! :LZSexcite:

It had a lot more parts than I expected.... I wonder if I assembled it correctly... :kaoswt:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Excellent! It's supposed to be unsettling. It's going to be interesting which world is most disturbing to people.... After all, after the world for Denial, there's still the worlds for Anger, Bargaining, Depression and Acceptance. The game's not outright horror or anything, but I definitely prefer to tell a very visual story. So each world is going to do a lot to represent those concepts. :LZSwink:
    Quexp
    Quexp
    It had a lot more parts than I expected.... I wonder if I assembled it correctly...

To sit or not to sit, were there leftover parts after assembly? ;)
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    //Holds up a bag of mushrooms, vines, organs and screws....

Er... I couldn't figure out where they go. It seems to hold together, so it's probably fine. :kaoswt:
    • Haha

Closer and closer I get to my intro sequence being finished... I've got the initial fall, the impact, waking up in Omnia, the title comets, meeting your first inhabitant of Omnia. I just need the falling sequence now.

After that I need scenes for sneaking out, watching the meteor shower, and the burning house. Then the first 30-40 minutes or so of game will be finished.

Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy. All this because I needed the character to jump for a cutscene... But it was just so easy to add the other directions in... So I did. :LZSexcite:
    Effekseer 1.53c... vs my "Area 51" test...

This brutal test includes 32 frames of character movement (in each direction)...
    1920x1080 resolution
    PIXI Bloom Filter
    24 continuous 3D Effekseer animations.
    36 portals which each cycle 3 Effekseer animations and a PIXI text.
    And of course a gross amount of PIXI particles.

Today, I am impressed. :LZScool:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The really funny thing is, I switched it to "public" with no categories set and got a downvote within 30 seconds. In fact almost everything I post there publicly gets more downvotes than upvotes. However when not posted publicly, I've got a handful of viral images. Guess it's "not public" from now on so I can get more public views. :LZSwink:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    lol! It reminds me of how even the sweetest, most inoffensive video on YouTube will get downvoted. I just keep all my images on Imgur private.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Heh... I guess going forward I will too. Though for the 200,000+ viewers who clearly view my profile posts which originally was the only place this was posted. I'll need to include a game advertisement. At least this one had the title at the top, since I couldn't get the FPS to show due to my main monitor being a widescreen. Maybe I'll rename the project to include a website, so they can see it at the top.

:rheh:

Oh YouTube... You feel like a lot of effort for less impressions than a Tweet ...worth it. :LZSexcite: Still I haven't updated it since I made any of these new maps. Guess I shouldn't totally ignore it. :kaoswt:
    Playing with my new movement system... So far working pretty good, does a weird thing with Effekseer animations though. :kaoswt:

Guess I'll need to study how MZ implements Effekseer effects. Been meaning to do that anyway so I have better access to it's properties.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ah I see... Apparently for purposes of the tilemap, Effekseer animations appear at Z 3. Since my code is injected and largely ignoring MZ.... When my objects attempt to occupy the exact same point in 3 dimensions, it confuses the system. Easily fixed by adjusting the Z coordinate. Though as I have successfully injected this... Perhaps I can give it behavior patterns as well. RM Skynet here I come! :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    and_remember_tomorrow_attack_on_miranda_titan.jpg
    Well... I guess if I ever make an Attack on Titan fan game, I'm good to go. :LZSwink:

Oh, and for those curious, it's the same image for all of them. I'm just able to adjust their Height and Width and dynamically adjust that new amount to make them shrink as well as they get higher up the screen.

Hello darkness my old friend. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: RomVHS and BK-tdm
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I think the biggest hold up is actually... I want it to be great. So I routinely throw out stuff I deem just not good enough. That being said, Honestly the demo's not as far off as people might think. A lot of what's left is putting together story scenes, designing some assets for the "inbetween" areas, hitboxing, and creating enemies.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    But...he's an imaginary villain? So is he a fake AI here to deceive us, or is he a non-villain, a hero? Hmm XD
    And really? You have the power of sparkles; it's great already. When in doubt, throw sparkles. They'll dazzle the people into ignoring anything sub-par
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    In the end, I'm really just looking to impress one person... myself. I just figure in doing so I'll drag everybody else kicking and screaming along the way. But if that fails, I will fall back on the bright shiny sparkles to distract them into thinking the game is good. :LZSwink:
    and_remember_tomorrow_negantia.jpg
    I don't normally share the first draft of a map.... But Negantia... the world of Depression is off to a good or I guess in this case a "depressing" start... Excellent. :LZSexcite:
    and_remember_tomorrow_working_great.jpg
    So I after futzing with shuffling particles I realized my own visual plugin could do the same to animate the player... Things are working great except two things... The red square is where the player actually is. And the image in the upper left well.. It's a duplicate whatever the player is doing. Yep, stuff's going great! :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh yeah, you might not have seen the animated version of it in my previous posts. Here's the bottom half. :LZSexcite:
    and_remember_tomorrow_insania_bottom.jpg

Also... I've resolved those two problems. I now realize because she's an image displayed by my own plugin. I no longer need to worry about pesky things like existing on the tilemap. I can now be in the parallax or in the picture layer as well. :LZScool:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    //kicks QSprite off a cliff.
    Imagine using some plebeian plugin like that.

Now because my plugin can adjust the size of the image on the fly too... If I write a check for the player's Y coordinate and adjust the height/width (shrinking if the Y is lower, increasing if the Y is higher)... It will fake depth allowing me to run into the image. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain

32 frames of movement in each direction, and the character changes size based on the height of the screen. It also uses single frames instead of spritesheets for added memory improvement.

:rtea:
    @SigmaSuccour Thanks for showing me that Betweener program. :LZSexcite:

I think the giant skull with a hand through it really brings the place together. Gives it a homey feel. Lord Cthulhu would approve. :LZSexcite:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    So you dropped the colorful trees and went full diablo hell, as expected from your villany!
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    Your environments look as nice as ever. My limited experience with parallax mapping I realized I don't like drawing environments. I just meet in the middle and customize the tileset to make it my own. (Besides I like drawing character way more :D )
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    People seem to think you have to draw literally everything to parallax map. Assets exist outside of tiles you know. :popcorn:

@BK-tdm The second world has to represent "Anger" since that's the second stage of dealing with grief. So it was always destined to be a violent hell world.

The bright colorful world represents "Denial", that's why it's perfect, except when it isn't. :LZSwink:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Alberest so far, got a lot done but still ALOT left to do.
Wish I had a better means of taking screenshots...
Map is 148x98

concept: zombie slayer fest.

Lag because of outdated hardware.

Lots todo:
-Terrax lightning should have another step for the flashlight, between up down left right.
-Also Online mv from Nelderson should emit the flashlight from the other player.
-Animation needed for killing the zombie...
Before adding it to #crypchania.
Working on a case. Get all the evidence to prosecute some bad guys. :kaojoy:
But, the game development schedule delayed. :kaoswt2:
The moral of the story: No good deed goes unpunished... I guess...
Except that, nothing to see here. :kaoswt2:
just beat ff7 original for the first time since 2010. having played remake last year, I have a much better appreciation for the original oddly enough. I still like some of the character presentation in remake more, but the original's got a lot going for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ziipan