ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I made new particle based friends to hang out in space with the player. :LZSexcite:

ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ah yes, her paths are 200 particles each.... So they can have basically "all of the sparkles". :kaopride:Joking aside they're a major weapon of hers, and an explanation for why she can run around in weird places, so it makes sense to go all out. :LZSwink: As for the eyeball creatures, I love them. Something about eyes really unsettles people. :LZSexcite:
    Xane
    Xane
    @ImaginaryVillain Seriously...what...are...you...making...? That looks like an acid trip gone bad. You better let me know when you're done making this game so I can make with the shing shing and the sparkle sparkle effects.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You know, I've intentionally been very vague about the plot. Often because I'm not 100% certain what I would be able to realize gameplay wise. This was the chapter I was most concerned about, the real start of the game. Before this I was prepared to start it in that lake area I often showcase... Right after these events. But nope, we're going for broke. Nobody will forget this chapter. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: Xane
    Just read through the EULA on Steam for MZ... Fun things to note, you have to register with the company before using the software, only install it on 3 computers, "User Games must not violate laws or public morality, or threaten such violations" and "The User may not take any other actions the Company deems inappropriate." MV has no such EULA on Steam.... Interesting.
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    @ImaginaryVillain, you will be litigated at the court of Tokyo, so you have to fly there in Japan. You see in article 12. The US has an extradite treaty with Japan. :kaojoy:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Funny thing about the Japan/U.S. extradition treaty. It has to be a crime punishable by both countries by at least imprisonment for a year. It turns out suing people for breach of contract, at least here only carries monetary penalties. Though I admit, an international incident due to RM MZ would be pretty hilarious. :LZSwink:
    Kupotepo
    Kupotepo
    Agree. It is unlikely to happen, but I like to empower people's rights. Yeah, the breach of contract is a civil court.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yep, now someone just needs to kidnap Quxios's family convince Quxios to return to the scene to complete the set!
    //Sets off the Dark Web :LZSexcite:
    //Adds a comment for the SJWs too silly to realize this is a joke, the Dark Web's too expensive. :troll::thumbsup-right:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I just saw a pixel movement plugin released today. If Quxios doesn't come back you guys still have something ^^
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh... I "fixed" QPlus, so QMovement and QSprite now work with MZ. Of course QSprite will not work with the VS Events/Movement plugin. Weirdly QMovement does though. Zero interest in that rabbit hole though, I don't even use Yanfly's plugins besides Self Variables. I guess technically Quxios allows for edits and redistribution of his work with proper credit... Hmm..
    I have no idea know why 3am me made this... But 8pm me will post it just the same. :popcorn:
    That disturbing moment when MZ with only my plugins plus Particle Emitter fails to out perform MV with my entire game's host of plugins turned on. Huh... It wasn't even close. Perhaps it handles PIXI Particles poorly. No clue, was just kind of poking at the trial to see if Community Lighting could easily be made to sort of work on it. Not invested in MZ yet. :popcorn:
    Sigony
    Sigony
    It's a shame. (TBF, your use case is probably not something they accounted for.)
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha yeah that's fair. Still I was expecting better performance than the user port of PIXI 5 for MV (still has some problematic bugs), not worse performance than MV with PIXI 4.54. Kind of eliminates the only thing MZ brought to the table. I already have better everything but that with MV. :popcorn:
    Reactions: Sigony
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    @The Stranger I imagine your situation isn't really like mine. Obviously we all expect MZ to run 55-60FPS at all times using all the vanilla stuff it was intended for. It would be quite embarrassing if it didn't. This is more about extreme optimization, and pushing the engine to it's limits. :LZSwink:
    Ahh California... On fire as usual. Guess I'm not going outside today. :kaoswt:
    Space.... The final frontier, these are the voyages of the U.S.S. Sparkle. It's continuing mission... to collect all the sparkles so you can't have any. :kaopride:

Also I made my space maps more detailed. :LZSwink:
    Messing with the "Trail of MZ", turns out Particle Emitter works if you don't use plugin commands, QPlus, QMovement, QSprite all work as long as you don't use VS Event/Movement. Mog Weather Ex, Galv Map Projectiles, Community Lighting, and Yanfly Self Variables all broke... My message, visuals, tools, and map creator appear to work. I expected worse....
    Reactions: Chaos17
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    FPS seems to be a bit up in the air though. Also QPlus leaves a message to press F8 to open the console on the screen, but has no errors. Huh.... SRD HUDMaker broke as well. I can also already see a problem with the whole VS massive plugins too, since their Event/Move core also includes Self Variables. Which is problematic since I only want the self variables. Hmm... Oh well, interesting experiment.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Did you use the MV Self Variables or the VS one?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I tried both. Yanfly's Self Variables require his core, which is broken. I haven't bothered to fix it to see if Self Variables can work, but that's my next plan. VS's one is tied into their Event/Move core which plays around with spritesheets and events spawning. So it breaks my world creator (which is also an event spawner), and QSprite. It seems to weirdly play fine with QMovement though.
    Reactions: Shaz

Starting to look way better than before. Need to make some ring planets, play with depths more, and create some new types of gases. Still... I like where this is going. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Worth noting, that's not a parallax. It's all animated, and randomly built. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You know the shooting star effect is starting to look crappy. I think I need to come up with something that looks better. :kaoswt:
    Everybody else: OMG I can't sleep! Geez MZ NOW! Open! Open! Open! //face on store window
    Me: Don't mind me, just making space graphics. MZ? Can I move my game into it? No? Oh... K... //goes back to making space graphics. :LZSexcite:
    Kes
    Kes
    @Hyouryuu-Na My memory is that MV release was immensely frenzied. Utterly exhausting for a Mod.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Every engine will be the same for me :( cannot finish my project. I really can't wait to complete a good game and change my signature XD I feel like people click it and click out of it in 2 seconds with a eugh expression :") Because that's how I personally feel about that project :")
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Look on the bright side, at least you have a completed game. Not many people here can say that. :LZSexcite:
    I think it's time to stop ignoring my social media and instead just spend all day farming on them. It would also probably make way more sense to do weekly updates instead of just whenever I have something major. That has to be way better for organic growth. :kaoswt:

WIP for a boss that builds maps as the fight goes, then destroys them to make new ones. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The created maps can be as many as 16,650 particles. So without the extra effects just the boss/player and a created map is 19,350 particles. Add to that power ups, explosions, blood, etc... It easily breaks 20,000 all the time. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    As for the water particles, they're moving around and letting the player move above and below them to simulate water. It's mostly an embellishment, and so far just kind of gives the map more life. Though I might hide treasures in it. As for more particles, yes... I need ALL of the particles! :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: ??????
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh I missed your question about the layers.. Only the buildings, mobs and player are locked to 1-4.... Everything else I have it set -25 to 100. Mostly to avoid the glitching image priority problem that arises from two particle emitters being too close together. Also thanks for pointing out the issue with the stars. I've already devised a better method with more depth. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: ??????

Listen.. I er... caught the live stream. :LZSwink:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Today's video is sponsored by Reid Shadow Legends, one of the biggest default role-playing heroes of 2020 and he's totally awesome! Currently almost 10 million heroes have joined Reid's party over the last six months, and he's one of the most impressive heroes in his class with powerful skills, a great sense of fashion and a smug grin!
    That moment when you realize your game size without the sound is 51.1 MB.... But with it (unoptimized as it is) it's 156 MB.... I guess it's time to do a bit of sound optimizing. :kaoswt: Also I learned that deployed for Windows it's 308MB... Apparently MV adds a pretty hefty helping of stuff on deployment. :kaoback:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Wow, that makes a lot of sense... I just never thought about it. Thanks! :LZSexcite:
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    lol try 600mb...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    See... I switched my game to particles, so instead of an old teleport animation taking 439kb... It now takes 8.5kb. Except I didn't just do the animations, now the whole game excluding the characters and enemies is particles. Pretty much vastly reduced my game size, and improved RAM usage by an insane amount.

Apparently the various VS core plugins are going to be free. :LZSexcite:
    Now to go wash the stink off myself from having had to look at Twitter.
    :rtear:
    Well... My game plays better at 1920x1080, so I guess that's the new resolution. Still runs at 60FPS. :LZSexcite: Also... I really want a boss to be able to build new maps around the player... Mostly because it's visually spectacular! I'm er... not quite sure yet how I can do that without making MV explode.... But I'll find a way, anything in service to the "sparkles"! :kaopride:
    ESAMarathon on Twitch, now streaming "Eat Girl". Yep, that's the title of a game... Apparently it's a Pacman knockoff.... Which is of course the only logical conclusion one would get from a name like "Eat Girl". :kaopride: I can't believe anybody would think anything else! :kaoback:
    Reactions: KakonComp
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Kind of a bit of both I guess, I mean it's basically Pacman (with some variation).. So the "girl" is actually just a set of jaws running around eating pellets. And the monsters after her are likely trying to eat her as well. I looked the game up after reading the name... Turns out the name is 90% of what's interesting about it. :LZSwink:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Isn't there already a female version of Pacman? Ms Pacman or something like that.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well yes, but this is clearly not a rip off of Ms Pacman because the character doesn't have a bow and lipstick, so clearly it's a ripoff of Pacman. Totally different games. :LZSwink:
    3 hours of trying to figure out why my world creator was respawning stuff I wanted spliced out... Only to discover I foolishly trying to splice an object and not it's array position. *facepalms * Oh well at least some good came out of it, I remembered how much fun it is to squish Yanpi. :LZSexcite:
    Not going to lie... PIXI Particles make fantastic graphics... But predicting the hitbox of something with a "fixed size" but whose graphics can stick out past that, is quite challenging. :kaoswt:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Triacontane's plugins are so rarely used in this forum it's sorta sad. I don't see many people talking bout them. He/she makes great stuff I haven't seen others make.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    There's even one to completely rework your menus, of course there's the whole in Japanese issue. So translation sometimes messes up plugin commands. As for the whole Collision Map thing... The beautiful part is, you don't have to use it for every map. But yeah, probably not worth a major change like that. If I hadn't already built a randomized world, I would have made my game in that.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I started really going in on my project April of last year... I'm just now making starting the actual game... making assets (and not even all of them), whoooo... TIME SINK.

Imagine being a pleb and using --------------------.js :LZSwink:
Ami
--- Survival For RPGist Part 2 ---

Survivalist: Now,I going to Test you: Fishing with Spear
M.Spear Knight: Leave it to me.
(M.Spear Knight Spearing the Fish with His Battle Spear)
M.Spear Knight: How it is?
Survivalist: I know you did it,but...Is that the Spear for Battle,not for Fishing?
M.Spear Knight: But,is that same?
Survivalist: (Sigh)...Whatever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ImaClownnn