ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Going to work on another map if anybody wants to watch. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I've decided I like Streaming... Not because I think I'm good (I'm not), or because I want a career in it, or even that I care if people watch. No, no. I now have an excuse to talk to myself and not look crazy. Excellent. :kaopride:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    I get that XD I talk to myself a lot. Initially it was just to improve my English so I kept saying random stuff to myself when I was alone. Now it's become a habit :") Sometimes it gets weird when someone hears me cause 1. I'm talking to myself and 2. It's in English XD I could come watch your stream a little if I'm free ^^ It's interesting to know how devs work.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The secret is to carry a cellphone around next to your ear as you talk, then people will just think it's just normal. :LZSwink:

Also I'm always to happy people to chat with. Goodness knows if nobody is around, I'll talk my own ear off... And nobody wants that. :kaoswt:
    and_remember_tomorrow_tempus.jpg

She'll make time for you. :LZSwink:
    Just in case you want to watch me work on a map and creating some assets... I guess live?

May as well test it. Doubt I'll be entertaining.. Probably just end up playing with dolls or something. :LZSwink:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Looks like some sort of nightmare hellscape. Pipes, cogs, and plates all over the place. Is that a sea of tea? Watch out, or us British might have to conquer you for that. xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh... the land of Omnia has an underlaying theme.... It's a giant tea making machine that converts blood to water, then to tea. You just get to see it in reverse. Really puts a different spin on the tea party that happens very early on. We only serve the finest blend here. :LZSgrin:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    At some point.... If the story goes long enough, it's not an "Alice in Wonderland" story at all. It's actually a "Count of Monte Cristo" story. Which is why "Acceptance" will be the most brutal chapter, we're just in Denial right now. This is just a happy "Wonderland" with death on the line. :LZSexcite:
    Well I was testing my new microphone with a private stream... And it came out fairly well, much better than the first attempt which we won't speak of. Mostly a bit too mechanical, and the talking cuts awkwardly occasionally. Still good enough to post, so if for some reason you want to watch me finish a map in Inkarnate, and the put it into MZ, with collision, etc..

Reactions: dreamfall887
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    No idea if I'll ever bother to do one live... I kind of get distracted easily. But I've definitely got the time to just click record while I'm already working... It's like 30 seconds of work. So much faster than editing a whole video. :LZSexcite:
    and_remember_tomorrow_nihil.jpg

I made a new friend. He just kind of stands there watching, but he's good company in a friendly sort of don't go to sleep kind of way. :LZSexcite:
    //Decides to cut his caffeine to a 3rd of the normal amount...
    //Spends all weekend in a daze playing dress-up with dolls in Daz3D
    :kaoswt:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Better than what happens to me whenever I don't get my fix; I just get severe headaches that don't really go away with painkillers. If ever an apocalypse happened, I'm convinced coffee, or any caffeinated product, would become the new currency.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh.. if I just went cold turkey I have no doubt I'd have caffeine massive withdrawal headaches. Had to dial back though. Did you know around 400 mg is considered safe levels of caffeine in a day? Rookie levels if you ask me. :kaolivid:

Also, I fully accept caffeine, bottle caps and ammo in the apocalypse. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    In other news, tell me this doll isn't amazing! :LZSexcite:
    spookydolltexturesforbuggaboo00maindaz3d.jpg

I didn't make her or anything, and I don't really need her for the game. But man am I tempted to pick up the asset packs for her just because she's so cool.

Plus she's probably super friendly... In that you shouldn't go to sleep sort of way. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: Quexp
    I should probably be dragged kicking and screaming away from Daz3D... I was playing with 8.1 models and came up with this. Thoughts?
    and_remember_tomorrow_miranda_8_1.jpg
    So I realized that I really just don't have enough time to make videos. However I don't mind clicking stream and just letting people watch me work on my game. I don't really have a good microphone... okay it's a $20 headset so it's terrible, and I have no web cam. So the stream would largely be royalty free music and me working, with minor interaction. I guess the question is, would that actually interest anybody?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You'd end up seeing me building and adding maps to the game, art, particle work, eventing and probably some amount of programming, along with game testing. Probably everything except for Daz3D work, which my computer can barely handle without even streaming. Those 8.1 models are savage.
    Reactions: Alador
    Not that I have any use for them, but Humble Bundle has a new RPG Asset Bundle available for those interested. You can find it here. Happy asset hoarding. :LZSwink:

No water this time, just trying for a majestic cliffside... The cave snuck in because I liked it. Now I guess I need a mini cave map or "secret" for it. :kaoswt:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    Or dont, and leave the people shaking fists in anger thanks to the deceitful cave entrance that its just part of the wall, bonus points if you make it difficult to reach, it would be on par with your villain status afterall :kaopride:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Heh maybe. Honestly I just keep making maps and expanding my world, and thus new ideas come to me and I make those too. I even considered tying a parallax to a switch, and turning the parallax off if the player is close enough to it, basically allowing the player to just go inside without a map change.
    It's funny, the only reason I haven't actually released a prototype or demo is not that I don't have one. Hahahahahaha I do, I've had a prototype for months. I'm really just concerned with someone taking it, and putting it up on Steam or something first, then saying it's theirs. I should probably look into setting all that up or something... Then again, I have no ETA on the full game so not sure it's worth it yet.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    I would. Forget jumping through all those hoops just to sell a hobby game for a couple of quid on my own, rather let a publisher enjoy a slice of the pie and let them take care of all that nonsense. Selling things shouldn't be such a chore. It should be as simple as offering something for sale, then exchanging money.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    If only, unfortunately the government exists to make life hard for business owners. I've already got one business, I'm not looking forward to dealing with taxes for a second one. Of course convincing a publisher to take me on is no easy task either. So the business route might be the only available step. Time will tell, I'm not in a major hurry.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    There's a few indie publishers who seem easier to deal with. They'l also take care of all the related Steam crap. A good publisher should take care of a bunch of stuff for you.
    Hmm.... So I can use my quick ports of QPlugins, but QMovement breaks MZ's save system. Or I can use the Luna port of the QPlugins whose QMap breaks MZ's save system. I can't decide I want to fix one of those, or just make a new save system. The new one would look so much better.. I'm kind of tempted. :LZSexcite:
    and_remember_tomorrow_exploding_puzzle_logo.jpg

Made some new friends, and blew up a puzzle... Happens. :LZSwink:
    Dalph
    Dalph
    The characters and their design look cool, good job.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    I see some willy wonka-ish, i agree in alice in sparkland :kaohi:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I've been so tempted to rename the character Alice and just advertise it as a Steampunk Alice in Wonderland... It would immediately give me access to two different fan bases due to instant recognition. If I just started the project right now... It would so be that. Honestly it might still.
    Daz3D has the weirdest number scheme for model generations...
    Genesis 4 is the 4th generation and oldest currently available, Genesis 1 is the 5th generation, Genesis 2 is the 6th, 3 is the 7th.... And then it goes Genesis 8. So 4, 1, 2, 3, 8. So when looking through there store you have to remember that sometimes they'll say 6 but they mean 3, and vice versa. :kaoswt:
    Reactions: orochi2k
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh I almost forgot.... Then they just released Genesis 8.1... because reasons. It's like their model generations were named by Square Enix or something. :LZSwink:
    yoluko
    It's because prior to introducing genesis they just had model numbers next to their character names. i.e. Victoria 4 is the model before genesis, so Victoria 5 = genesis, and so on. That's why they jumped to 8, so that the two number systems were the same
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Huh, learn something new everyday. Thanks! :LZSexcite:
    Well.... If you're wondering what my game was missing... It was animated hair. See? :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha, that's fair. With Half Minute Hero as a gameplay inspiration, I realized the game would be way too fast for a lot of people. The funny part is I actually slowed it down. It used to be the portal would float towards the Nihil and if it ate it you died. So instead of the map being gone in about 1 minute 40 seconds, you had around 50 seconds to bring a hourglass back. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    As for the depth illusion, it's not as hard as you think. I just checked the $gamePlayer.y against the center of map's Y, then if it was less I subtracted an increment times the difference. If it was higher, I added instead. Then I took the result and applied it to the picture's height and width. As my character is just the result of "flipbooking" images, I just tell the next image to have that new height and width.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    As for the tutorials.... Er... whenever I find the time I guess? Listen.. Hair physics and learning Daz. :LZSwink: Also thanks! :LZSexcite:
    Oh no! I found the hair controls for Daz... Does my character need long hair blowing in the wind? Well no.... Am I now going to spend hours making the perfect run animation with where it does? You better believe it! :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha nah, it's honestly just a large project and I run my own normal business (50-60 hours a week) as well. Combine that with my initial starting knowledge of programming being "Hey what's a variable?", no experience in any other facet of game design, and me being a solo dev... Yeah I don't think anybody was expecting a short timetable for completion. I know I wasn't. :LZSwink:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    lol - you're not helping matters any, either! :p
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well I mean... You're not wrong. :kaoswt: But listen.... think of the hair options Shaz! The hair! :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    and_remember_tomorrow_collapsing_map.jpg

So I had the lighting plugin off for testing, and I forgot how cool the disintegrating map is... I mean it's usually just shrouded in darkness. I also learned that the Lighting plugin is the heaviest effect... Follow by QMovement. But do you know what's weirdly not heavy? My character being literally 60 images every second. Not going to lie, I would have lost that bet. :kaoback:
    There's apparently a joy I never knew existed..... Creating 8 directions of animation (224 frames), only to discover one pose was 10 degrees off so the whole thing wobbles. Oh well, only half a hour of rendering to fix it. :kaoswt:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I don't just wanna regurgitate the numbers I see, I wanna actually understand the calculations I'm making so I'm probably gonna make a post later with some calculations and what I THINK they mean to get some advice and corrections.
my girlfriend calls all my little chibi art cute lol... funny considering that wasn't the original art style of the game.
100 problems in RMMZ 100 more problems take one down pass it around 101 Problems in RMMZ
Made some progress on my game, mostly mapping. Learned quite a bit in the process!.

M6eUoTT.png
16 Hr Video Course on MZ? Huge DLC Pack from MZ's RTP Artist | RPG Maker News #110

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dracul_JOSHI