ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• WTHC4tB.jpg

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
    WTHC4tB.jpg}
    3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well you see I get one "Cheshire Cat" trope character. Cheshire is "4th wall" breaking character best known for explaining what Wonderland is, and how by trying to be normal Alice is in effect the mad one in a place ruled by nonsense like Wonderland. Cheshire's the only character who recognizes there is a world outside of Wonderland, and that he is in fact mad.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The character's also known for floating, vanishing parts of it's body, and standing on his own head. Pretty much physics don't really apply to Cheshire, so he gets the excuse to do basically whatever. Often times Alice stories use Cheshire as the guide due to him effectively explaining the world in the original novel.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Also as it's a "Wonderland" which is by it's nature an imaginary world. I kind of have the excuse to do literally whatever I want. I mean I start them out running around in space pulling around little mini planets because it's absurd. So having a character converse with it's own character portrait's kind of par for the course, especially if it's the Cheshire character. ;)
    Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hey the laughing crying emoji is different, isn't it? Or do I not remember?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It looks the same to me. Though I do hope for some new emojis. I need at least 10 smug Reid emojis all in various facial expressions while still somehow being smug. ;)
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Yeah, the update had some weird unintended consequences. We're reporting them up the chain and hopefully we can get them all fixed next week.
    Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    4? Damn that's some bad luck, and I think if I lived somewhere where it was 'smart' to ignore cries for help I'd get out as soon as possible, that's just dystopian levels of depressing. I got shot at by a tweaker once when I walked in on him trying to rob me, first and hopefully last time anything like that happens anywhere near me.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah, unfortunate events led to me living there. I needed a place very quickly, and it's what I could find. It was the worst slum I've ever lived in, paper thin walls, single pane windows, plumbing that is shared with the apartment above. Homeless people looking in your windows at night if you're dumb enough to leave the blinds open. And of course AC that worked for one room of four. Nice.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    They actually tore open an interior wall in our place, and left it plasticed off for over a month. And every night we had the worst banging imaginable from pipes. With neighbors who could hear everything, so we had to whisper. Toss in violent crimes happening less than 50 yards away. It was "the best". Honest. Only place I've ever paid to break a lease. :kaoswt:
    So I ran my game in the same resolution (1920x1080) but in Window mode, with the second monitor disabled. And instead of using 70-80% of a GTX 1060's resources it uses in full screen with both monitors enabled, it used 30-40%. I guess my game is more optimized than I thought. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Dalph
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Interesting, apparently the second monitor makes no difference. Fullscreen though identical in the game size actually burns almost twice the amount of GPU. I wonder why that is.... Hmm....
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Maybe the scaling algorithm/process burning cpu? Mine's similar jumping up from 3% to 5% on a map with barely anything hapenning
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well this is actually the GPU I'm tracking. The CPU is only doing 5-8%, but of course with the CPU, Javascript only lets you use one processor core at a time (without workers) so while I've got a Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core 3.7 ghz processor... I don't actually get to use that. RM will start to lag if it sits at 15% of that for too long. Which is of course why I've pushed so much to the GPU, so I have MORE POWER! :kaopride:
    m3SgHxp.jpg

You know... Other than throwing the player down a very large "rabbit hole"... I think I'm just going to give them control during the intro, and disintegrate the map behind them. They'll go where I want them to go, one way or another. No additional move routes required. :LZSgrin:
    Hi! Hi! Welcome to "Wonderland". :LZSexcite:
    7s0pIZP.jpg

cuBmp72.jpg

Did you know "rabbit holes" are a serious danger to curious young blatantly terrified, running for their lives, blonde girls? Also this intro is 3 maps long, with a falling sequence and animations all currently being worked on. But this transition... I love it! :LZSexcite:
    gdnks5l.jpg

Yay more story areas. :LZSexcite:
    I don't think my game has ever looked more like a storybook than with this image. :LZSexcite:
    m8lE0aR.jpg

It was then I realized I could just build another map on top of the current map. Mapception begins, see everybody in Limbo!
    RK DracoRoy
    RK DracoRoy
    I mean look at that masterpiece and those visuals! Also, is this the MZ version? I saw that dark effekseer animation from MZ though I'll assume it's pixi particles in MV.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    This is the MZ version. Part of why I switched was some of the visuals that Effekseer brought to the table. Also PIXI Particles don't work like regular animations. You give it any number of pictures, then adjust the variables for it such as type, number, velocity, direction, opacity, etc... Then the images are all flung about based on that. It's part of why they're so easy to make, there's no frames to plan.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    They use far less resources than Effekseer as well. However if you want a specific animation and not something that's literally different every time, that's where Effekseer shines. So most of the time I use PIXI Particles (it works for MZ as long as you don't use plugin commands), but I accent with Effekseer. :LZSexcite:
    Success! My experimental version of UMC Lighting MZ recognizes Galv Map Projectiles MZ. Now my sparkles will come at deadly velocity. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    And now it carries "extra info" with it... So that when it connects it can provide whatever information I want. Such as a specific damage amount, or even a whole function if I so desire. :LZScool:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    JavaScript:
    Galv.PROJ.dir(this._eventId,1,12,30,this.get_self_variable(`Projectile Image`),2,this.get_self_variable(`action`),[],[],3,2,48,this.get_self_variable(`projectile light`),this.get_self_variable(`damage amount`))

There may come a day where all of those read this.get_self_variable... but for now that the last two options exist is good enough for me. :LZScool:
    Alador
    Alador
    when the sporkles connect with the player:
    You have been given the effect Glitterified.
    Glitterified
    effect:
    Glitter gets stuck in your hair and on your clothing. That's not ever gonna come out. Stealth -25 as monsters can see you from miles away, you walking disco ball.
    Today a person showed up at my office saying... "Sorry I was going to message you but I messaged myself instead."
    Now you know, don't waste your time messaging the person. Just message yourself instead. Pretty much genius. :LZSwink:
    So in a bizarre turn of events if you comment out one error message in QPlus, it along with QMovement, QPathfind, and QSprite all works in MZ. Of course that's not really the strange part, while regular QMap doesn't work with it... Luna QMap works perfectly with the old version of QPlus. Now if only QM-Collision Map worked as well.
    ??????
    ??????
    reason i stuck with mz was also because of 'the shiny'. my particle lantern effect doesnt look the same in mv. the mz renderer process is just visually superior. even though its a bit slower.
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Huh, makes me wonder if the same is true of QABS. I kind of doubt it, but it would be interesting if it did work.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I can't say I've ever bothered to setup QABS, I'd be incredibly surprised if it worked out the box though. I suppose the fastest test would be to take Quxios' demo for it and convert it over to MZ. :LZSwink:
    Just 20 hours left in 2020 for me. Since California announced an indefinite lockdown just a couple of days back, it looks like 2021 isn't going to be anything to celebrate. :kaoswt:

On the plus side though, apparently the universe really wants me to finish my game. :LZSwink:
    MV
    yAGu96R.jpg

28FRzXf.jpg

MZ
    cRCbzxx.jpg

RKEzG9n.jpg

If you're curious MZ actually spikes as high as 81% GPU usage, leading me to believe in my previous post my game's requirements were way higher than they should be. Approx 60 hours down the drain... See you in a bit MV.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Despite disabling lighting, reducing the number of events drastically (same events, just spawned less of them), and having everything else closed; MZ can't maintain 60FPS for very long. MV on the other hand managed to do it with lighting, more events, Firefox with 30 tabs open, and MZ open as well. :kaoswt:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    On no... I forgot I'd upgraded PIXI Particles to 4.3 (from 3.0) for MZ... Yeah those MV numbers are now way better since I just upgraded PIXI Particles for it as well. The long process of converting back begins I guess. All the optimizations of the last 60 hours are going to make my MV version sing even more. :LZSexcite:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Observation Log 1 on the planet of "RPGMAKERWEB": Local RMXP community seems to have very few survivors. Their script tech-level is in the early Stone Age(about the same as 66RPG in 2007).
Some cats/wolves/squirrels are spotted, they are likely friendly. :3
Keep working on establishing more meaningful contacts.
May try to use the "I Come in Peace" protocol if encounter any hostiles.
Using hiddenone's QTE tutorial I've been able to setup a simple fishing system. Instead of just the pointer moving, the goal moves as well. Holding the action button scrolls the pointer and pressing the down arrow key hooks the fish. The speed of both is variable as well as the number of successful hooks needed for a catch.
When someone helps you solve a problem, it's good to report the thread so it can be closed, but it's also nice to go back and post in the thread to let them know their suggestion actually worked. And, you know, to say thanks for helping.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Demonblabla