ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I forgot how deaf the programmers of RM are. I copied over the Effekseer animations into my game, and forgot #2 was what I'd set as the animation for Galv's Map Projectiles.... Loaded up a boss fight and my ears are still ringing after it launched 30+ projectiles. Why do they still default to 90 volume? And why does it have 3 sound effects? And why does the audio volume still multiply? :LZSskeptic:
    Well, happy to admit my mistakes. It turns out with a lot of reworking, it is actually possible to run my game on MZ.

I just had to give up QSprite and Gradient Wipe... amongst other things... But it turns out my beloved Particle Emitter works great as long as I don't use plugin commands (which I don't use anyway). :LZSwink:
    I really want to add maps that let the player go further and further into them, like some strange MC Escher 3D concept... I even reworked QM-Collision Map to allow changing which picture it's using for collision on a map just so I could futz with the idea.... But no, I must resist, not with this game. Another game sure, but this one's already complex enough. :kaoswt:
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    MC Escher is a hard act to follow - but cool if you can pull it off xD
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    A couple of profile posts back I posted the MC Escher style thing that came out of a happy accident. The tech's already there. QM-Collision Map just lets me adjust the collision based on a image. So I can have an image for each possible combination of rotated map. Plus ones to show the player. And since I'll make the player a particle, their size is malleable so I can fake depth. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Pfft imagine using sprite sheets... That's just weird. This is how cool kids do it. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: Ami

My "M.C. Escher" nightmare takes shape. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yes, mere RM rules no longer apply to me. I have escaped the Tile Map Matrix into the particle world beyond. :kaopride:

@Hyouryuu-Na Excellent, that's one of my game's major inspirations. :LZSexcite:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    That's great then! I still haven't watched that series of hers ^^; Will watch when all this sh*t is over.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The imagery is a lot fun, very symbolic and twisted. There's also a first game called "American McGee's Alice" that literally starts out with her in an insane asylum bed clutching a white rabbit doll. It's a dark stormy night, she stares blankly at the celing with wrists covered in bloody bandages, remembering her family all burning in a fire. Then white rabbit doll suddenly turns to her saying, "Save us Alice!"
    Haha... Oh wow, I tossed UltraMode7 in (guilty pleasure) and the nightmare that came about was a sight to behold.

Here's the normal version for comparison...

Not going to lie... the first one has me thinking of some ideas for the future. :LZSwink:
    Doing a bit of a remake on a map. Should be pretty cool whenever it's done. :LZSexcite:
    Seems just as quickly as they locked my FB account, they also unlocked it. No reason why... Just another one in a long line of doing so. I'm glad I only use it for Magic the Gathering stuff. Imagine if it was a real social network that was usable for something else. That would be awkward. :popcorn: Still I owe them thanks for highlighting that I need to be rid of them. Thanks FB! :LZSexcite:

A bit of a "sparkle" update to the lower portion of the world map. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's so silly overpowered as far as plugins go. You simply make an image with white where you want the player to able to go and any other color where you don't want them to go. I usually just take a pic of the map, and erase where I want the player to go, then save it as a second image. Other than that you just need to put one comment in a map pointing to that image to set it up.
    ??????
    ??????
    Yea I'll need to check that out sometime... If I ever need to make an actual normal map :D
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's fair, it is scientifically proven that no actual games are made here. Let nobody tell you different. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: ??????
    Facebook is so weird, they keep locking down my personal account. Now they want to review it.... All I literally do on it is Magic card related stuff such as thumbs up some people's Magic related comments, and use messenger to converse with friends about Magic cards. I don't even post public comments, or profile posts. What a garbage company, time to finally ditch it. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Mind boggling really. I guess they must think I've been spamming for 10 years or something. They're pretty awkward on Instagram too (big surprise since they're also owned by FB). They actually called me a bot for following too many people and liking too many things. I guess FB is only happy if you hate everything. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    They have succeeded, I detest Instragram as well, though I weirdly get a lot of likes on it for my game stuff. So against my better judgement I've have been slowly adding to it. I will refrain from liking stuff though, else they'll probably just ban the account. I just can't believe there's a worse platform than Twitter. :kaoswt:
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    *accidentally double taps a magic card pic*

Account blocked!

They are just afraid you try to take over the world with the power of ancient egyptian monsters sealed on a kids card game, its understandable. Of course it isn't, what in the world?
    So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...

Versus the normal look...

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
    Aerosys
    Aerosys
    I think the most important question would be: Why did you use RPG Maker anyway?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    January 1999, I saw MV listed on a site. I'd always scoffed at it before, but out of boredom I downloaded the demo and just started messing with it. At the time, I had next to no concept of even what a variable was. MV is how I taught myself how to program. Sure if I knew now what I knew then and was starting I wouldn't use RM. But as I knew nothing, it's ease of use is why I'm here now.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    At this point, I've already set it up so I can produce maps like you see there in about 3-4 hours... And I'm not exactly slaving away, I watch YouTube and stuff.. Add to that all the other stuff I've figured out, and there's not really a reason to leave. I kind of have everything I need here for now. Plus I really want to finish this game, and starting on some other software would only set me back a lot of time.

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:

WIP for a new map. :LZSexcite:
    Sigony
    Sigony
    It is visually ~stimulating~
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain

Further along, and look space has decided it's dark now... Got to love the randomly generated backgrounds. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I had the greatest shower idea... You start out super powerful and instead level in reverse losing power as the levels continue. If you want to avoid the reduction, you collect the power ups to simply maintain status quo. Either way levels get harder. That should help convey the feeling of hopelessness this chapter wants. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Sigony
    Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
    Riazey
    Riazey
    ooohhh yay! I'm really glad you did because your game u-turned into a very unique game! Also I'm sorry but SPORKLE PONTY??? YESSSSS???? :kaoluv:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    So a day like today you ditched squares and shadows for the greater power of circles and sparkles, the day you became a true villain and sacrificed the squared-shapes!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It occurs to me... I could make the player ride it. I mean I've got the right poses available... But there's exactly no gameplay reason to do that. Still by cycling two particles at the same time, I wouldn't even need to make the animation frames... Hmm... PIXI particles really are just straight cheating in the animation world. :LZSexcite:

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
    Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:

And the horrific before pics...

• Love
    Reactions: Quexp and EpicFILE
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    It's MV. Yeah it doesn't look anything like rpg maker :")
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Both are super creative but I like the second one better, easier on the eyes too!

EDIT: Sorry, that's supposed to be a compliment. The second one is less bright. I'm impressed by both but your remake is pretty sweet. :LZScool:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Interesting, that might be the first time I've ever heard bright pink and purple being easier on the eyes. :LZSwink:
    @Doinathing That's some high praise. I'm probably not making something on the level of Cuphead, but hey.... I appreciate it just the same. :LZSexcite: Also @Hyouryuu-Na is right, this is MV.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Quexp
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

After hearing Wataten's opening several times and knowing what this anime is about, I don't think I like moe anymore.
So I am working on a big DLC package for my game.... and it will add a new intro and extend the ending of the base game, while of course adding additional content to the game... Yeah, that should work! lol
I'm stuck, I'm making some of Mr. N's Dialogue but I can't finish his full Dialogue...heres what I got now [this is the part I'm stuck on] "You treat me like a
bug, I'M SICK OF IT, you had me make these...abominations...well, now..." and at the "Well, now...' part I'm stuck at, anyone got Ideas?
Ami
--- Top Up ---

Merchant: Diamond Sword cost 100 Diamonds
F.Magic Knight
: I don't have Diamonds,what should we do?
M.Knight: I don't have any choice,i have to Buy Diamonds with my Card
F.Magic Knight
: You do?
(M.Knight's Balance Just Have 1.25)
M.Knight: (Chuckle) Maybe,later…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WDRS