ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• 2:18 am, can't seem to sleep so I decided to root my phone instead. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    In my case I've got a ZTE Axon M, which were massively reduced in priced due to trade issues between the US and China. So a phone that was $800 became $136 out the door on Amazon. Regrettably ZTE isn't allowed to support the phone, so if I want any version of Android beyond 7.1.2 I'm going to have to put it on there myself. :LZSskeptic:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    That actually sounds quite useful. I hate how there's apps you can't uninstall for some reason. It's not as if they're important apps either.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yep, only problem is... it's either grossly easy to root your phone, or impossible. Mostly it depends on which version of Android you have, earlier is easier to root. Also your phone model matters as some are simply easier to root. Regrettably the version of Axon M is one of the ones that nobody seems to have a method of rooting yet. Pesky lazy hackers! :LZSskeptic:
    Must remember that just because a plugin does something cool, it doesn't mean I should derp about playing with it instead of working on my game. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I've looked sideways at Aseprite and it seems to have some pretty rave reviews on Steam. If I was heavy into pixel art, I'd definitely pick it up. I mean it's only $15, that's practically a steal for most development software. :LZSexcite:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    Been using GIMP for years now, so I know how to work with it. I'm using it to create parallax maps; to do various edits, and to create other things. I'll take a look at Krita, but it can take a while to get used to a new tool.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's entirely fair, Krita's similarity to Photoshop made it almost instantly usable to me. But I have Painter 2019 from the Humble Bundle and I've barely used it because I haven't had time to really learn it.
    Setup a system to cull enemies that are too far from the player to matter, and to spawn new ones just outside of view. Take that lag! :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: standardplayer
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Sure it's almost instant, but there is about 3 seconds where the player stutters once they can move. Probably just looking into a preloading plugin for the graphics. Those 3 seconds are kind of annoying, and it doesn't do it on any other map generation, just the first one.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    well the scrolled x and y are useful because if you know the size of the view area, (default 17X13), then you can say anything less than 0 for scrolled x or y is off screen, and anything greater than or equal to 17x , or greater than or equal to 13y is off screen. It's actually probably super useful in your situation
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's definitely interesting. I'd need to set it a lot further out than the edge of the screen though. Otherwise a smart player would just walk a step to the side then walk the other way to defeat any mob. Nothing like building in my very own "speed running strats". :LZSlol:
    I never realized how much fun destroying scenery by ramming it would be, or how much I keep think "I'm the Juggernaut!" when I do. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    This game mechanic is sooooo making it to the final build. Oh yes!
    It turns out that if I set the collider to 0,0,0,0 before despawning an event.... QMovement will actually play nice with Galv Event Spawner! :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Now QSprite will actually display my diagonal character sprites for idle/running/walking/jumping... Oh the things I do just so I can use the pretty graphics. :kaoswt:
    Every once in awhile, somebody reminds me events don't normally pass through each other. What's next? Maps with borders? Weirdos. :LZSwink:
    • Wow
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Actors and Events really need a RPG Maker Tinder to help them hook up. Nothing worse than a lonely event or actor. And for 50 gold you can send a direct message to the event of your choice! :LZSexcite: As for the Pacific, just be careful you don't find Cthulhu on the way. :kaoswt:
    • Haha
    Reactions: MrKiwi
    Shaz
    Shaz
    One day, someone who is just learning to use RPG Maker is going to come to this forum for eventing help. And they are going to find this status post.

I weep for them.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    If there is such a thing as a perfect future, you've just described it for me. My only regret is I won't be able to physically see the tears, maybe they'll read this message and be kind enough to provide a picture. :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Every time I discover a way to save even more resources, I immediately try and stuff Ultra Mode 7 back in... Then I find a way to use more and take it back out. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Just setup a system where the paths my player spawns are destroyed after an upgradable number of them are in play. Defaults to 10, but it used to be they could get up to around 160 before the map was swept clean. Nothing like saving 150 potential inactive events. Even had enough extra resources to blow them up in 60 frames of glorious animation. :LZSexcite:
    3AM: Come up with my best game ideas. :LZSexcite: 3PM: Fix the code mess from 3AM so that it actually works. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Depends on how big of a hurry I'm in, I already run a business so it's not like income's a priority from this. :LZSwink: That being said it would be cool to have something to show people. :LZSexcite:
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    What type of business do you run? Game making is more or less a hobby I thoroughly enjoy.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh I'm part of the super secret dark underworld of Magic the Gathering card trading. Or as the Magic community calls it, "A scumbag investor/flipper". :LZSexcite: But to the normies, I'm a "Day trader", long explanations confuse them. :LZSskeptic:
    *hums the Tetris theme* This game is great, we just line up 5 profile posts and boom! The previous line is cleared! Profile Post Tetris is the new rage. :LZSexcite::thumbsup-right:
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    RachelTheSeeker
    Shapes made of four colors block, Like a T or a box, Coming falling down like bricks ♪
    You can stack them in rows, but everybody knows, That they made this game for chicks ♪
    - Brentalfloss, 2011 (I should know, I'm a chick and this game is fun)
    *munches popcorn*
    I'm super excited that the "Newest Members" box looks like a game of "Guess Who?" For my turn, "Does your avatar have anime hair?" :LZSexcite:
    Started the year out right by fleshing out the first hour of my game's dialogue. Now I just need to be good and not make any 11th hour gameplay changes. :LZSblush:
    Alright, I guess I'll finally swap out placeholder monsters for the animated ones... I mean I guess, geez. :LZSwink:
    Not going to lie, the whole 12 free games over 12 days on the Epic basically stopped me from buying anything on Steam this sale. Well played Epic, well played.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

FREE RPG Maker Ready Glowing Ball Animation
Enjoy -No Credit Needed But Appreciated -
Download it at https://lvgames.itch.io/glowing-ball-sprite-pixel-fx-rpg-maker-ready
Ugh....When you spend hours doing something and then end up scrapping the idea >.<
Random joke of the day: This morning a man wearing a face mask robbed a supermarket in the town center. So far the police has arrested 240 suspects.
Hosting competitions using your game is always so nerve wracking!!!
Social distancing is great, apart from trying to work from home while the guy up the road now has ample time and apparently the only way to fill it is to ride his dirt bike up and down our street all day :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nasavat