ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

Reactions: ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    Hmm... I just noticed that this style looks like a cartoonish version of Diablo.
    It has the same kind of vibe, atleast on this picture.

Looks great by the way.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Cartoon Diablo, I like that. :LZSexcite:

I'm definitely going for a corrupted storybook feel, like it's all happening in a young woman's mind. So just the right amount of wonder, but harsh reality bleeding through. Though the Diablo feel has to be the edited PVGames assets. That stuff's basically a love affair with Diablo.
    and_remember_tomorrow_home.jpg
    Today I realized I've come full circle. I'm remaking a scene from two years ago, the very first scene I ever made in RM (see WIP above). Only this time I don't have to be drunk to think it looks good. :LZSwink:

Also this tweet is an experiment. Not only did I vastly reduce the number of RM tags, but I'm seeing if I can get Inkarnate to retweet my stuff. I might sweep the RM tags entirely under the rug... I think it's actually hurting interest in my game. :kaoswt:
    and_remember_tomorrow_on_the_plus_side.jpg

After countless hours, I finally solved the mystery of the missing puzzle pieces, but also created the mystery of the space trees... Progress? :kaoswt:
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    This looks quite eccentric (matching your style) however, I would tone down the glow effect and make the outline a different color so the menu options are easier to read.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Entirely fair. I've definitely noticed that since the menu is just built on top of whatever area of the map the player is currently in... Sometimes the font is very difficult to read. Especially with the Bloom Filter active on a map. I'll experiment a bit and see what I come up with. Thanks for the feedback! :LZSexcite:
    I kind of want make a map that's just giant version of the player that's they're running around on. Either by stringing together multiple maps or just by shrinking the player sprite for those maps. Actually that might make a fun reveal... The player's on a normal looking map, but then as realization dawns on them it zooms out to show a much larger map that's a giant version of the player. :LZSexcite:

Due to a situation in which I thought plugin adaptations had stopped for the QPlugins, I "ghetto" converted these 7 over yesterday. They appear to work perfectly as long as you use old style plugin commands. I am uncertain if I will have a lot of free time in the future to work on this, but if you'd like them, here they are.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Converted plugins are QPlus, QMovement, QSprite, QMap, QM-CollisionMap, QCamera, and QPathfind. Perhaps I'll make a thread about it, but also team Luna is apparently back on the job, so if they do an actual real conversion for these then I'll just delete this. If not, I'll look into it at some point... Probably? Maybe?
    Should I start community projects for the QPlugins on MZ? So far I have QPlus, QMovement, QSprite, QPathfind, QCamera, QMap, and QM-Collision Map ghetto working on MZ... (They aren't the Luna versions either).
    GmOcean
    I would like these, ATM I'm using the Luna version purely for the Collision Map and movement.. But that would be quite the work load. Especially when your project is making great progress lately. I'd say if you do it, only do it when you hit a lull state or just need that short break to prevent burnout.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah.... You're probably right. Best not take on any extra work at the moment else my game will never get done. I'll clean up the files and toss them your way though.
    As I mess with Effekseer I find myself wishing certain options were available....
    1. The ability to simply cut frames out of a particle instead of needing to remake it for different lengths..
    2. The ability to force MZ to end the Effekseer animation at any time.
    3. The ability to place it in various containers and z coordinates.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    For what it's worth, I learned Effekseer has a recorder that will just split it into images for me. So I can just grant my personal image plugin the ability to animation it and stuff it where I want. Also I can just limit the frames I need that way, so the problem will be solved... All be it in a weird way.
    Three days to figure out how to take the mini map for the randomly generated areas, remove it so the status menu could be built on top of the map instead, then readd it when the status menu is removed. All because my lights exist on the tilemap layer, but the mini map exists in the picture level to avoid the lights...
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    However the player needed to jump to a map above the actual map that's the newly created status menu map but that is still affected by the lights. So to avoid the mini map crowding that, it had to be erased temporarily. Which is awkward since each newly spawned thing in the game adds itself to the mini map. :kaoswt:

Down the rabbit hole...
    The things I do in the name of organization.... Feel free to see for yourself. :LZSwink:

Attachments

• iVillain_variables.js
      23 KB · Views: 30
    It was then I realized I had over 50GB of game backups on just my computer. That's not even including the zip backups in the cloud. Probably time to ease up on that paranoia and delete a few. :kaoswt:
    Reactions: BrentBAM
    taarna23
    taarna23
    You can always check out old versions from revision control. It's just a little more complicated. And honestly, I only say more complicated because I've never tried it.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    There's a handful of problems with this plan...
    1. That's a lot of extra work figuring that out just to save a small amount of space.
    2. If I need to check back at a backup, it becomes a lot more work.
    3. My backups are centralized, so if something happens... I lose everything.
    4. Cloud systems are notorious for messing up RM data files.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Honestly I've got a GitHub for Community Lighting... So I should probably learn more about it. Then again.. That also sounds like more work not dedicated towards actually working on my game. Also ironically I don't even use Community Lighting anymore anyway. Happens I guess. :kaoswt:
    and_remember_tomorrow_broken_level.jpg

So I built a system that shatters story areas into puzzle pieces, and allows the players to drag them to the exit unlocking that piece of the map. Once they assemble all the pieces of that area, it comes to life and the player can interact with it. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Bendyizzt and Ouro
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    This is of course inside of the system where the maps are disintegrating. There's also time items (the hourglass is currently the placeholder for it), that if dragged to a specific NPC, it will reverse the map's disintegration temporarily. You can also drag said NPC around but if that NPC is disintegrated you lose, so you have to protect them as well.
    For random map generation... I used to create a list of forbidden map coordinates, then only spawn in important things in there and nothing else. Now I have moved to the much more scientific method of bashing events into each other until they get along nicely. :kaopride:
    Reactions: Nenen
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh worth noting, I don't use just one array to build maps. There are secretly multiple arrays that are handling different types of objects. This is to prevent array searches from getting too long as they're happening constantly. But also because not all arrays serve the same purpose, some handle stuff like mobs which must be removed from the spawn array until I need to readd them for memory management.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Else the system will literally add a new mob as soon the previous mob moves. Also worth noting it should be pretty obvious how I can build a map on top of a map using this system, even my player is a particle and not operating on normal layers. So it's perfectly possible for my player to jump up to say layer 200 or whatever. Technically I can build any number of maps... assuming MZ doesn't explode. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    This should also explain my "snake" example I showed you earlier and why it was what it was. It's just me figuring out coordinates for an array and then the path event itself is whatever I want. Doesn't have to be a path, could be mountains, or just tacos. But it's also not that useful to most people.
    //looks at cooler character assets...
    Do I change the main character's look? I mean... Better assets... Storywise a bit weird I guess, though I can make it work... I swear so much of my game's direction is dictated by whatever the coolest assets I have access to are. :kaoswt:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    and_remember_tomorrow_also_eyeballs.jpg

She has... *gasps* an actual female run. You know not just a reskinned guy's run but one that actually represents a literal different body structure. Also 5 idle frames in every direction... I almost wasted her as a joke character. :kaoswt:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Also... eyeball attacks exist... but don't worry about it. :LZSgrin:
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Good to see you found better assets! Eyeball attacks might be a nightmare for people with scopophobia XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Create Anime Art w/ AI, Tall Sprites with Aurora, Customize Variable Display | RPG Maker News #34

[My favorite slow moving track I've made so far]
dd_airport2.jpgdd_combat.jpg
dd_town.jpg
I did an experiment to try to solve the art style problem between RTP and 3D models.
But, it feels this grimdark world is going to end even faster. :kaoswt2:
Solovei wrote on caethyril's profile.
Hi, just wanted to say, thank you for helping me fix that event with the step count! I followed your example exactly and it works now:kaojoy:
still waiting for original character contest 3 bust/face dlc release :kaoluv:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foxiee05