ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I wake up to see I now have 73 subscribers on YouTube, that means I've gained 67 subs in the last two days. :LZSexcite:
    Spent a whole bunch of time today reworking the area in the video because someone said it was too illusory. So I reworked it so it changes less, moved the grass up to the same level as the player.... And found enough extra resources to make the grass moves when the player touches it. Also lots more water, because it looks amazing. I'll probably put up a short updated video later today.
    Yesterday.... 6 total subscribers on my YouTube, today 33. To think I was foolishly trying to put out videos to grow my subscriber base. That's just crazy talk. :LZSskeptic:

I wonder if I can hit 100 by the end of the week. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Shaz and LVGames
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Whoa there... You not only expect me to finish my game but also make it fun?! That's crazy talk, here at the RM forums we don't finish games, let alone intentionally make them fun! That's just weird! *adds in 20 extra hours of grinding* :LZSskeptic:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    First it was reactions, now it's subscribers ... where will it end?!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I think my signature says it best, ""We should have stopped him sooner!' - Future Historian"

Really it ends with me realizing my dream of releasing a game, and at least 2 maybe even 3 people playing it... Without needing to resort to kidnapping their families... again! :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Just going to leave this here. :LZSwink:
    My new animated paths are beautiful, and look fantastic next to my improved lake/river maps. :LZSexcite:

At first, I was going to put player objectives on the screen labeling it as "Helpful voices"... But that's dumb, I have a madness system. It will simply whisper objectives.... I mean they're probably objectives. The voices wouldn't lie right? They're friendly, and ...helpful. So clearly you should do what they say. Just watch the dark corners of your screen for advice and it will all work out! :LZSexcite:
    Testing out applying a stroke effect to things at player level to increase visibility. Thoughts?

ozubon
    ozubon
    Yeah that does help with clarity and it also looks really nifty. Cool project you've got going here!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Thanks! The effect of them popping out is really growing on me in testing. Also if you're interest, my latest video showing the game in action is....

Since it was a couple of days ago, it doesn't showcase the stroke effect. But I think it helps showcase why I'd want one. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: ozubon
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I fixed the tree shadows to not have the stroke effect, and increased it a bit. Now stuff is visible even in full madness! :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: ozubon
    Considering a side project of making a Choose Your Own Adventure in MV but letting people play it as YouTube videos with the choices at the end leading to other videos. Thoughts?
    Reactions: The Stranger
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Huh, I had forgotten about those.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    As in a series of videos you create that are connected by the viewer's private choices? It would be awesome, if you knew people would participate.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Time will tell, I put my first video up 10 days ago and my channel has 322 views already. And I've been having a blast messing with it, so worse comes to worse even if nothing comes of it... I had fun on the way. Really this is like super profile posts! :LZSexcite:
    Well, looks like I need to build myself a quest system. Or really just a system for "Helpful voices" to talk to the player. I'm sure nothing will go wrong listening to them.... They're "helpful". :LZSwink:

Should be pretty easy with PIXI just letting me write all over the screen. :LZSexcite:
    Yay! One of my Youtube videos got to 100 views (in 2 days)! This Youtube thing is great, it's like the profile posts except I get to annoy entertain more people at once! Now I just have to practice my "Leave a like and hit that Subscribe button" shilling technique. :LZSexcite:
    Alright guys, I decided to be nice and let you use my instant map creator plugin entirely for free! :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: HexMozart88
    Lilly
    Lilly
    Yeah you're right it is pretty fun.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh who am I kidding? I basically enjoy every portion of game development. Even ironically mapping. I super want to make a game using QMovement + Collision maps. It won't work for my current project as images have to be designed first. But imagine a map where you just create any image you want, and the white area is automatically passable. And the rest of the image isn't, to pixel accuracy! :o
    Lilly
    Lilly
    Sooo good... :wub

Spending the day reworking my maps, especially the first "biome". This time it's not even in the dark. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I should probably add that's randomly generated for those not in the know. It's not like I'd willing do regular mapping. That's like work and stuff. :LZSskeptic:
    Made a brief video showcasing early game play... Got a copyright claim by BIG UP! (https://big-up.style/) for using music I bought from here (Future Steam Punk Pack). Now I wonder if I should strip any purchased music from here out of my game. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah, it's definitely a bad time in Youtube's history to start uploading videos. But the others have so little traffic, it seems like it would be impossible to get started on something like *****ute. This is why I'm starting early in production. I figure by the time I finally do release a game, hopefully I have enough of a audience that someone cares. Definitely no dreams of "phat Youtube stackz" though. :LZSwink:
    NinjaKittyProductions
    NinjaKittyProductions
    I'm not saying it's impossible just that it is going to take a lot more work than someone would have had to in the recent past. As with the Copyright Strike, I took a look at ours and we ended up winning by default because Konami failed to reply in the 30-days they were given. So more than likely the same will happen with you or it gets taken care of quicker so just hang in there ^^
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Thanks, yeah I suspect these people don't fight claims. It's probably just the algorithm doing what it's told. Still Degica is looking into it. So hopefully in the future, at least music bought from here will be safe.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Jumping and gravitation 0.1 build - RPG Maker MV
Currently playing final fantasy 3 on DS. It's an old one but its a classic.
BCj
Gotta love some gossip :D
Please do not buy games from g2a.com. The sellers have total power over you. The website has many scam sellers. It looks cheap, but the key code didn't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakeofblades