ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• In the middle of getting a crown on a tooth (waiting for them to make it). I'll never understand why people are so afraid of the dentist. Always a breeze. :LZSexcite:
    Not going to lie, now that business is picking up again after the whole pandemic lockdown.... these 50+ hour work weeks are really slowing down game dev work. It's a good thing I have basically no life, else I'd never have time to do this. :kaopride:
    • Wow
    Reactions: KakonComp
    Dororo
    Dororo
    It's fun how "life" is intended in anglosaxon languages. "Life" = wasting time around with people, get drunk, being demoralized by continual rejections or even worst not being rejected, and things alike.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Eh, life's actually pretty good. I mean I overwork because the business is mine, and I make pretty good money. Plus I have no major pressures on my time outside of that... So I get to sit about doing art and programming during my free time. :LZSexcite: Sadly I haven't figured out a way to add more hours to the day though, so still going to take awhile to finish the game. :LZSteary:
    Reactions: Dororo
    Don't mind me, just installing a fog machine. :LZSwink:

Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I was wondering are you using a lighting plugin you made or that Terrax or Khas? On an unrelated note why do you think MZ doesn’t have a built in lighting system considering it popularity?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Kadokawa is very adverse to feature creep, and that's fair. Since we can add whatever we want. It's actually better because any feature that add bloats all of our games, even if we don't use them. As for what I use, as I was mentioning I started a Community Lighting plugin https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/community-lighting.124274/ which is basically a forked version of Terrax Lighting.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Since everybody's allowed to edit it, we've got a whole team working on it to make it better. :LZSexcite: Though I don't use the exact version in the thread, I have a very stripped down version of it that I use, designed for maximum speed. I will likely add it as a variant option in the thread at some point.
    It was then I realized the plugin commands of Terrax Lighting... Have very little to do with the actual lighting. Interesting. The Oak Island of plugins continues to be full of surprises.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Which by the way is one of the freaking sticky bandits, from home alone! The one that isn't Joe Pesci! That's the guy with the comforting voice from Wonder Years, who taught me life isn't always fair to you, but you gotta zip up your Jets jacket and keep moving forward.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha that's fair. I was thinking more along the lines of the voice that says, "It was at this moment that he knew, he f'd up". :LZSwink:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    The truth was, I didn't know what to do next. I'd decided to do Community Lighting, and every question my 12 year old mind found an answer to only made me ask more. Then, the old man walked in. He'd know what to do. Here's a guy that has your back, with words of advice, right when you need em. My Dad. "....Kevin.....take out the damn garbage."
    Since I managed to reduce my world creator's requirements to 20% of their previous ones. I decided to start making the world more interactable, starting with the water having depth.

ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's true! Now that players can see below the water... It kind of opens up all sorts of possibilities. :LZSexcite:
    magnaangemon01
    magnaangemon01
    Chests, keys, secret doors, dungeons, tunnels. There is a lot you can do!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Going to have to work on my placement logic. I did create a system so that it tags assorted X,Y coordinates as forbidden, so I can put important stuff there. I could expand on those and use them for stuff like chests. I do have a second generator that spawns stuff based on the player's location... Maybe I'll have it spawn the chests, and the other will spawn doors/dungeons/etc.
    Watching Arcadum do VR Chat/RP on my second monitor... I admit, the graphics are cool, but wow.... The level of RP here is impressive, and it's not even dirty RP (stupid VTubers). :kaolivid: It's like a real legitimate story. :kaoback: I kind of wish all of his D&D stuff was done this way. :LZSexcite:
    So today I got my first introduction to "VTubers". Six of them are playing D&D with Arcadum. I don't know if even a DM as fantastic as Arcadum can make six VTubers tolerable. :kaoback: I've had it on my second monitor for over a hour.. they're still meeting in the first room doing perception and stealth checks to look at each other's chests. No story has happened yet.
    :rtear:
    gstv87
    gstv87
    try Critical Role.
    .....preferably from the very beginning.

and THEN, try VTubers if you really want to any more.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh I know about Critical Role, I really like their one shots. Not so much the main campaign though. As for VTubers... I'm pretty certain my comment reflected on how I wasn't even certain they could be "tolerable"... Why in the world would I want more of them? :kaoback:
    It appears I inadvertently made my very own "Path Rangers".... :kaoswt:

Not to be confused with a trademarked team of spandex wearing teenagers. :LZSwink:
    I am now sad that Avengers Endgame didn't end with them acquiring the "Infinity Duct Tape" and just taping the universe back together.
    :rtear:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Now just use the Infinite Duct Tape to duct tape that continuity onto this one and watch the fun! :LZSexcite:
    Elliott404
    Elliott404
    The [oof] were you smoking, dude?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm pretty certain if someone like me did any kind of psychedelic drugs, it would cause a rift in reality and out would pop a Twilight Zone/Outer Limits/Black Mirror style show from an alternate dimension. I of course would then use the Infinity Duct Tape to tape it onto this reality so it couldn't escape. :LZSexcite:
    Terrax Lighting is basically the Oak Island of plugins, every time you think you've found the treasure at the bottom... There's something bizarre waiting instead. :LZSwink:
    I sat down after a long day of work, expecting to work on my game (yeah I have literally no life)... Only to see an email from a favorite card shop saying, "Please sell us your cards!"
    //Looks at their offers and takes a deep satisfied breath.
    Ahhh! The sweet smell of desperation. I guess the game must wait. $______$
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Told you I was gonna status-jack. Anyway don't talk to me about no life! Hope you make lots of loot, go be nice on the 100k thread-thread, you're a cornerstone of this forum you little rascal.
    You, too, @CraneSoft! We're a 100k+ thread forum now. We sell cards and get money!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Er.. well I mean I'm up $1,000 or so far so er... I maybe a bit slow to get to the 100,000 thread.
    :rheh:
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    @standardplayer I could never get very far in Med2. I always ended up bankrupt because economy never made nay sense to me. You had to waste a lot of time send merchants all over the map, only to have to keep replacing them because AI merchants kept killing them\buying them out. I've never enjoyed the campaign map of any Total War game.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Exactly, which is the reason they said they didn't want to update MV. If they did do updates like that, it would break all kinds of plugins. You should see the fun we're having updating MV to PIXI5. So much underlying code has to change, that it breaks all kinds of fun stuff. Or the Community Lighting experiment.... We break that all of the time. :LZSexcite:
    Shaz
    Shaz
    @Hyouryuu-Na that's not how it works. It's not just the language, but the structure of all the classes, the names of the functions and properties. ANYTHING that has changed will make ANY plugin that modified it not work anymore. Now it's possible there might be SOME plugins that will work in MZ without any mods, but we won't know until MZ releases.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Remember - XP, VX and Ace all used different versions of Ruby. The thing that made scripts incompatible was not the Ruby version, but that the classes and database were completely overhauled with each new RPG Maker. XP scripts WOULD have worked in VX and Ace if the Ruby version was the only thing they changed. And MV plugins WOULD work in MZ if the js version was the only thing changed. But it isn't.
    // Thinks of multiple gameplay ideas....
    Alright, how do I decide which one to choose? ....Oh wait I know! Which one needs the most sparkles? :LZSexcite:
    You know, it might actually just be easier to give a major recurring NPC a bunch of reactive subroutines versus just hard programming their actions. Such as if the player gets too close the NPC will complain about being pushed, or playfully dance away. Or if they're say too close to a particular type of event like a special flower they'll run over and smell it. This merits some experimentation. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Ah yes, the Bethesda approach. It's all fun and games until the guards in your prison start murdering quest important npcs for bread because the subroutines tell them they should eat but the devs neglected to give them access to their own food, then you start questioning everything. Is this how humanity started? Is god just a lazy programmer? ~philosophical questions for game devs
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm not going to lie.... Just the thought that at some point someone will be playing my game, and will encounter a very rare subroutine that will do something like show unusual images, ask weird questions, or just behave in a very usual way amuses me. Especially if I make it insanely rare so it will be nearly impossible to prove it to anybody... Maybe if I'm lucky they'll think they're going crazy. :LZSexcite:
    So I started experimenting with micro biomes by mashing up the more good-natured areas of my game. I've got 10 prototype micro biomes so far.... And honestly I kind of like the results. :LZSexcite:

So I added lighting, improved the pixel movement, created some new types of areas, created a narrator to spawn stuff around the player, and setup a system to link it all together making the world infinite... Of course normally the areas wouldn't be linked together like this. But it's kind of just for fun and showcasing. :LZSexcite:
    // Remake entire game in particles... check
    // Create a narrator that tracks the player and creates content... check
    // Add lighting... check
    // Add pixel movement... check
    // Make world infinite... check
    // Successfully record game for a video with no hint of lag in 1080p? ...Uh oh. :kaoswt:
    Why must computer be potato?! :kaolivid:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilsonliz