ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ha ha! I seem to have suckered convinced my step brother to join our cult happy little RM family. :LZSexcite: One of us! One of us! Er... um *whispers* any of you guys have extra shoes for him? I've already got the hat covered. :LZSwink:
    Helper posts are like the mutual fund of the Reaction Score game, over time people find them, read them and occasionally like them. So it's not that I'm being nice by helping people, I'm just investing in my future Reaction Score wealth! :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yep, if you don't look after yourself, no one else will in the reaction score world. Here in the profile posts we live and die by the reaction score meta. :LZScool:
    Reactions: Shaz
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Keep dreaming. :rwink:

There's always an even bigger evil hiding in the dark.
    But I think @The Stranger is going to take my throne soon and he deserves that.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Wow, someone with more reactions than Stranger Sama. :o !yad enO !sgniht taerg em desimorp sah eh ,uhluhtC droL ot stneconni hguone gnicifircas peek tsuj I fi ,yrrow t'noD :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Dalph
    I would say I'm getting real work done... But I'm actually just running around my Dev Room pretending like I'm productive! :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm actually running a stress test of sorts, there are 61 light sources, with 2-8 animations playing every second. And a whole lot of PIXI objects, most of which are being updated every frame. Hit the occasional moment of lag.... Good thing the actual game doesn't require anywhere near as much.
    Day 3 of using the Coronavirus as an excuse to ignore people.

Found a new hat in the wasteland, and empty theater. I put the hat on, sat at the empty theater and imagined someone sitting behind me suffering. Felt good. On the way I collected bottle caps, I will probably drop them on the ground in front of the beggars. Life is great! :LZSexcite:
    I'm not going to lie, I can't wait to see the look on new players faces when their FF7 Remake waifu Jesse dies. Aeris dies 2.0 here we come! :LZSexcite::thumbsup-right:
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Plus theres new lore added in because it's based on a version of ff7 they wanted to do back then but couldn't so theres quite a few changes, like the mysterious new SOLDIER dude who pulls up on his bike. I definitely think their gonna make biggs, wedge and jessie die way later than they original did
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's really not as long as you remember. here's a glitchless speedrun of FF7, he defeats the last boss of Midgar at 1 hour 35 minutes. The whole game in 7:23:21. If you don't mind using glitches, then this guy beat the whole game in 2:48:07 So yeah, they've definitely got their work cut out for them to beef up the Midgar experience.
    Conflictx3
    Conflictx3
    Well **** I skimmed through that vid for a solid 15 minutes and can't believe my eyes. But I guess even tho I used the word speed run in my head I still was imaging the text being read lmfao I guess once that's cut out it is pretty quick guess well have ti wait and see how they fluffed midgar up
    Made myself a PIXI plugin, used it to replace; Galv Layers, Galv Timed Message Pop-ups, every Yanfly message plugin, SRD Super Tools, and SRD HUD Maker. PIXI is quite the rabbit hole, and this villain hero is going to Wonderland! :LZSexcite:
    • Wow
    Reactions: zerobeat032
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Definitely! I'm super excited to note that it allows for collision, and interaction. I don't see why I can't just put an image (or even just text) on the map, below the map, or even above the map and have the player interact with it. No events required. Do I know how to do this yet? Well no. But I'll keep hitting with a proverbial hammer till it relents. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Shaz
    zerobeat032
    zerobeat032
    wow. sounds amazing to be able to replace that many things that'd I'd say can be pretty essential.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Honestly I'm surprised more people here don't use it. It's literally baked into RM. See for yourself..
    JavaScript:
    message = `Yay, look what's on my screen!`
    text = new PIXI.Text(message);
    SceneManager._scene.addChild(text);
    ...That's all it takes to put any text you want on the screen. You can even customize it far more than what's normally used in RM. :LZSexcite:
    Fun fact, Corona-chan is not only the Internet's new waifu (she seriously has a fan art Reddit), but also now an unfortunately named land conservation group. https://coronachan.org/ I wonder how long it will take them to change that. :LZSwink:
    People really are just looking at this whole sickness thing in the worst possible light. Let me give you a positive! Some of you who are now stuck at home may even possibly work on your game. Finally! Yes I'm looking at you in the back. Yes you! No not you! Pfft.... :LZSskeptic:
    With how much documentation there is for Javascript and PIXI, learning them is pretty easy. I just wish documentation for MV was as comprehensive.
    So far everything (even the Windows games I've tried) run better on Linux... But getting QSprite Editor to play ball is appearing to be quite the challenge. :LZSskeptic:
    I keep trying to explain to clients that the huddle masses behind the old K-Mart are a Fallout Reenactment group. Somehow I don't think they believe me. :LZSskeptic:
    Guys I just want to sit around and work on my game! *gets lots and lots of money shoveled at him* Game, I don't recall a game. What game? :LZSexcite:
    I like to think of Profile Posts as tiny homes, full of all kinds of unsuspecting suckers "future" friends.... Many of which are of course only going to be excited when a strange man in black suddenly shows up to say hi. :LZSexcite:
    So my office building has 8 individually rented offices in it; 3 of which are social workers and 2 are marriage therapists... Unsurprisingly it always sound very angry out there. Glad I have my own private entrance. :LZSexcite: :thumbsup-right:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Priorities. :LZSwink: Honestly I'm only where I am now because I need people around to make money. But if I ever become a successful game designer... I'm moving back to some place with a lot less people and a lot more nature. Cities are overrated, the place just needs the basic necessities, Internet and preferably less than 20,000 people.
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Oh I love me some country. I used to live away from people, nothin like rolling over in the morning, looking out your window and not seeing/hearing the street-sweeper or the trash truck lol
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Currently I live within sight of train tracks. But it's in the outskirt farmland section of the city. So it's like 50%, $%#& ! And 50% yes! :LZSwink:
    What if I took a lesson from Half Minute Hero? Let the player get dumb powerful each area, but reset them down to just slightly stronger than before for the next map?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Ha! Maybe eventually. For what it's worth, I'm not that far off it if I want. I have the PVGames assets which look like Diablo. Ultra Mode 7 could make it look Isometric. And I've already coded my own plugins for hot event on event, event on player action, player tracking, randomized map creation, and mobs spawning based on the player's location. Plus the spawned mobs know how to mostly navigate the generated map.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    So really.... I'm very, very close to a Diablo clone if I want. :LZSwink: But nah, for now I have a very specific story I wish to tell. It just so happens that it called for a very random world to make sense. Anyway Half Minute Hero is actually a super fast RPG where you have 30 seconds to fight monsters, level up, buy gear, complete quests, and kill the boss before they cast their end of the world spell.
    ImaginaryVillain
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

GameDevJohn wrote on whtdragon's profile.
Hey I used you bunny and cat spritesheet for a game jam game. Thanks so much! You have really beautiful stuff here. I'll credit you at https://gamedevjohn.itch.io/bunny-boy
The video of a psycho chasing people on the streets with a sword before getting subdued is wild. Apparent screenshots of his Twitter feed (EDIT: confirmed by Dallas police) before it went private reveal a dangerous delusional mindset. I heard there was a bow person too. The crazies are really coming out of the woodworks.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3, followed by a session of the Interactive Text Adventure! Feel free to drop by!
Managed to find a way to hang a bed cover over my window. So no more being toasted alive in the afternoon!:kaoswt2:
So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGLordLight