ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Nobody suspects the sparkles! :kaoback:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    From this point all of my sparkles identify as Spanish ones, for that extra stealth factor. :LZSwink:
    Riazey
    Riazey
    THE OVERSEER DEMANDS MOAR SPORKLES. :kaolivid:

Also I think I saw something about MZ having pixi 5
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well I am working on an early combat stress test video. It should be up either tonight or tomorrow. So you'll get more "SPORKLES". :LZSwink: I decided to break it and the world creation mechanic videos up. It turns out the areas don't start like that, you actually free the pieces so they can spawn in the world. And I'm working on letting the player imprison stuff so it is removed from the world as well. :LZSexcite:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Riazey
    You know.... Here I've been uploading to Twitter (I still can't wash the stink off) and Instagram. But I've been using Imgur to upload private images for Profile Posts here.... Wait... Why am I not making the images public?! :kaoback:
    It's better animated. :LZSwink:
    //Reading drama threads.
    :popcorn:
    So I saw the overwhelming improves to graphics processing caused by just updating my game to PIXI 4.8.9, and I was like... Well what if we do PIXI 5? Yeah... Haha, still trying to beat that one into submission. I wonder if there's a guide somewhere. :kaoswt:
    The most useful thing about MZ? I learned that MV has a dark mode. :LZSexcite: I have no idea why I never thought to check. :kaoswt:
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Pfft... you second class amateurish villain, I discovered dark mode in MV soon as it was added.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm more like a Despicable Me villain.... Only I'm still trying to paint my minions with yellow paint. :kaoswt: Once I do that, I will send them out to spread darkness to all of my programs! :kaopride:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Dalph
    FirestormNeos
    FirestormNeos
    only problem is that once you learn that MV has a dark mode, VX Ace becomes basically unusable.
    So I cleaned out my office of just about anything of value, stuffed anything else into the safe. Going to be a tense handful of days until that door is fixed. Still perhaps I should thanks these criminals, I mean they're obviously scumbags. But they've inspired me to change the direction of my business from real assets to digital ones. :LZScool:
    It seems the real world calls.... Time to take a temporary break from my "game dev" fantasy land apparently.

Pretty brazen since my office is literally right next door to armed security. They didn't manage to get in. But I need to make some "business adjustments" to account for this new development. :LZSgrump:

I thought they were dead, but I wanted to be certain. :kaoback:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh don't you worry... I'll come for everybody's eyes when they see how animated it all is. :LZSwink:
    • Haha
    Black Pagan
    Black Pagan
    Its too bright, Consider using a Dark Filter and some Lighting at certain places to highlight the main event.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I may darken the colors of some individual graphics. Though the particular area is supposed to be a super bright fun land. It's to contrast with the nightmarish areas later. I'll all randomly generated, so it's not really an important event or anything, just random mobs attacking a random area. I may try and free up enough resources for a lighting plugin again. Stuff is so animated though, so it will be tough.

So I came up with a new look for the paths, and along the way realized health bars are so overrated, so now a crazy red light trail follows her and gets shorter as her life decreases. :LZSexcite:
    • Wow
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain

Actually I might like this one better. =O
    Dalph
    Dalph
    Yeah, less flashy.
    Admit it, with all your colours, rainbows, glitter and flash effects, your true goal is quite obvious here.
    You are trying to hipnotize all the poor players that will play your game, forcing them to join your cult afterwards.
    As a fellow villain, it's my duty to expose you.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    You've figured me out! Oh no! My master plan to make the game so shiny and mesmerizing that you can't stop playing is ruined! And I could have gotten away with it if it was for those pesky RMers and their Dalph! :kaoback:
    • Haha
    Everybody else: We want this, this, this, this, this, and this, and don't forget that, plus that.... we need all of it added to the new RM.

Me: Just don't make me learn a new programming language. :kaoback:
    Poryg
    Poryg
    I wouldn't exactly mind learning a new programming language if it brought some notable gain. C/C++ would give us endless possibilities of customizability, even though multiplatformness would be kind of difficult. Still, the only thing I'd want is a performant and readable engine. Language is less relevant.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Mostly it just increases future development time of my projects to introduce a new language. Especially after making so many in house plugins for what's there. That's really my problem with them changing languages. Even if it produces a better product, it's the same reason I don't switch to Unity or Game Maker. Time cost versus benefits.
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, that's why people generally stick to older versions of their RMs too when they are underway with the project.
    I think I'll just clean up the portion of my tools plugin that handles "hot event on event interaction", along with player/ event interactions and release it so people can use it. The only real question is do I include array tools as well? I mean I did write my event interactions to accept arrays, and compare them against other arrays. Am I that nice? I might need more caffeine to be that nice. :kaoswt:
    I decided to rework my main character's portrait and logo at the same time....

Honestly I was going to use a lot more yellow in the game along with red and white to represent characters.... But yellow really is just like.... the ugliest color in the color pie. So er... I'm going to use blues/purples in place of it. :LZSwink:
    On the plus side, if all this rioting sparks another Covid outbreak... I will have a whole lot of time to work on my game. Not exactly how I wanted to get that time, but hey I'm a glass is half full... of RM kind of guy. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    What is this super serious stuff doing in my profile post that's a shrine to Corona Chan, the great Riot stopper? :kaolivid:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    I deleted my two posts, sorry if it's too real for you. It's just the riots are happening, and someone did try to burn my workplace down, and I do care about the people that work there, and I don't want any of us to be hurt. Besides, the thing you're not being serious about is obviously serious to some people. That's what the super serious stuff was doing here.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I'm only kidding man. It was supposed to get a laugh. Obviously I don't care if you post super serious stuff in my profile posts. Sorry to hear about your work. :kaoswt:
    In the strangest turn of events, my animations now live in the characters folder, and my character images now live in the pictures folder. It's a complicated world, but weirdly a more resource efficient one. :LZSexcite:
    3am me was like.... Hey buddy, what if I told you, where we're going we don't need events? :LZSwink:
    5pm me is like.... Was 3am me onto something? No! Must work on actual gameplay! Rabbit hole bad! :kaoback:
    Riazey
    Riazey
    THE RABBITHOLE.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Haha, in truth my graphics plugin can already replace all the non-animated graphics in my game... It just causes a weird graphical glitch occasionally. I need to lockdown exactly how MV prioritizes which graphic is displayed over which at the tilemap level. It's all PIXI... which supports hit detection. Yeah... going to hard to finish my game anytime soon if I do that. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: Riazey
    It was at 3am Pacific May 25 that Skynet was created. And it came in the form of a messenger plugin so powerful it now runs my randomizer and does it better than the randomizer itself did. What have I created? :kaoback:
    • Haha
    Reactions: The Stranger
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    If someone from the future comes to off me, it was because of this plugin. So at least you'll know why I disappeared if I'm suddenly gone from the forum. :LZSwink:
    standardplayer
    standardplayer
    Well, there is one way we can fix this, but you aren't gonna like it. Someone has to go back in time and....meet one of your parents....
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Listen it's got to be done, otherwise eventually all RM games will join the Skynet plugin revolution! :kaoback:
    It wasn't until recently I discovered my game was seriously lacking a "morality challenged" jester. Every game should have one, what could go wrong? :LZSexcite:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

We are giving away a copy of MZ today (thanks to Veno :D), tune in for a chance to win!!!
Making an RPG is a lot like playing an RPG.
'Okay, so the main quest is - OOOOHHHH, side quests and mini games!! <3'
Todays progress report: just a couple icon changes, but it makes a huge difference! :D
I just discovered there's a dark theme on here! :kaoluv:

(Click on "SWIFT" at the bottom of the page.)
Just a little light in standard RTP do magic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NataskaThync