ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Imagine unironically making a game without a giant pollution producing tea machine... That's just weird! =O
    Today I drove through my city of 100,000+ people during rush hour and the streets were nearly empty. Just so I could go get my favorite burger. There a dental assistant (she said that's her other job, even though I didn't ask) took my order and handed me a burger. I know it's bad out there... But wow, she's either atrocious with her money, or "it really be like that".
    • Haha
    Reactions: SigmaSuccour
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    At present I'm looking for investments to hold my money since I just described a scenario where in only 13 years my money went from being able to buy a great burger, fries and drink for $10 to needing $17 for the same. That's 70% inflation. So if I literally put my money in a bank (excluding interest) it would have 58% of the spending power it did before.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    So I need a commodity that inflates at least 42% every 13 years just to break even. Read as I need something actually stable unlike US currency. Which is of course what has given rise to the popularity of buying Crypto Currency, Gold, Silver and stocks in the recent years. All of their prices inflate with our currency thus avoid the loss of buying power.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Oh man... I promised not to do 482538528953 profile posts, sorry economics/investing gets me excited. But I think everybody should learn about it, it's essentially the study of "making money".... And well, who doesn't want to study that? ;) Anyway I'll stop blabbing on...
    WTHC4tB.jpg

I ended up needing to do a chapter one world map remake. It's still WIP but coming along nicely. =D
    WTHC4tB.jpg}
    3am me: So how do you feel about a character inviting their own character portrait to a tea party? =D

3pm me: //facepalms
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well you see I get one "Cheshire Cat" trope character. Cheshire is "4th wall" breaking character best known for explaining what Wonderland is, and how by trying to be normal Alice is in effect the mad one in a place ruled by nonsense like Wonderland. Cheshire's the only character who recognizes there is a world outside of Wonderland, and that he is in fact mad.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    The character's also known for floating, vanishing parts of it's body, and standing on his own head. Pretty much physics don't really apply to Cheshire, so he gets the excuse to do basically whatever. Often times Alice stories use Cheshire as the guide due to him effectively explaining the world in the original novel.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Also as it's a "Wonderland" which is by it's nature an imaginary world. I kind of have the excuse to do literally whatever I want. I mean I start them out running around in space pulling around little mini planets because it's absurd. So having a character converse with it's own character portrait's kind of par for the course, especially if it's the Cheshire character. ;)
    Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hey the laughing crying emoji is different, isn't it? Or do I not remember?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It looks the same to me. Though I do hope for some new emojis. I need at least 10 smug Reid emojis all in various facial expressions while still somehow being smug. ;)
    Touchfuzzy
    Touchfuzzy
    Yeah, the update had some weird unintended consequences. We're reporting them up the chain and hopefully we can get them all fixed next week.
    Oh wow, just got word the police are looking for an armed suspect within a 2 block radius of my office. Super glad I'm not there right now. :kaoswt:
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    4? Damn that's some bad luck, and I think if I lived somewhere where it was 'smart' to ignore cries for help I'd get out as soon as possible, that's just dystopian levels of depressing. I got shot at by a tweaker once when I walked in on him trying to rob me, first and hopefully last time anything like that happens anywhere near me.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Yeah, unfortunate events led to me living there. I needed a place very quickly, and it's what I could find. It was the worst slum I've ever lived in, paper thin walls, single pane windows, plumbing that is shared with the apartment above. Homeless people looking in your windows at night if you're dumb enough to leave the blinds open. And of course AC that worked for one room of four. Nice.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    They actually tore open an interior wall in our place, and left it plasticed off for over a month. And every night we had the worst banging imaginable from pipes. With neighbors who could hear everything, so we had to whisper. Toss in violent crimes happening less than 50 yards away. It was "the best". Honest. Only place I've ever paid to break a lease. :kaoswt:
    So I ran my game in the same resolution (1920x1080) but in Window mode, with the second monitor disabled. And instead of using 70-80% of a GTX 1060's resources it uses in full screen with both monitors enabled, it used 30-40%. I guess my game is more optimized than I thought. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Dalph
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Interesting, apparently the second monitor makes no difference. Fullscreen though identical in the game size actually burns almost twice the amount of GPU. I wonder why that is.... Hmm....
    Riazey
    Riazey
    Maybe the scaling algorithm/process burning cpu? Mine's similar jumping up from 3% to 5% on a map with barely anything hapenning
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Well this is actually the GPU I'm tracking. The CPU is only doing 5-8%, but of course with the CPU, Javascript only lets you use one processor core at a time (without workers) so while I've got a Ryzen 7 2700x 8 core 3.7 ghz processor... I don't actually get to use that. RM will start to lag if it sits at 15% of that for too long. Which is of course why I've pushed so much to the GPU, so I have MORE POWER! :kaopride:
    m3SgHxp.jpg

You know... Other than throwing the player down a very large "rabbit hole"... I think I'm just going to give them control during the intro, and disintegrate the map behind them. They'll go where I want them to go, one way or another. No additional move routes required. :LZSgrin:
    Hi! Hi! Welcome to "Wonderland". :LZSexcite:
    7s0pIZP.jpg

cuBmp72.jpg

Did you know "rabbit holes" are a serious danger to curious young blatantly terrified, running for their lives, blonde girls? Also this intro is 3 maps long, with a falling sequence and animations all currently being worked on. But this transition... I love it! :LZSexcite:
    gdnks5l.jpg

Yay more story areas. :LZSexcite:
    I don't think my game has ever looked more like a storybook than with this image. :LZSexcite:
    m8lE0aR.jpg

It was then I realized I could just build another map on top of the current map. Mapception begins, see everybody in Limbo!
    RK DracoRoy
    RK DracoRoy
    I mean look at that masterpiece and those visuals! Also, is this the MZ version? I saw that dark effekseer animation from MZ though I'll assume it's pixi particles in MV.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    This is the MZ version. Part of why I switched was some of the visuals that Effekseer brought to the table. Also PIXI Particles don't work like regular animations. You give it any number of pictures, then adjust the variables for it such as type, number, velocity, direction, opacity, etc... Then the images are all flung about based on that. It's part of why they're so easy to make, there's no frames to plan.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    They use far less resources than Effekseer as well. However if you want a specific animation and not something that's literally different every time, that's where Effekseer shines. So most of the time I use PIXI Particles (it works for MZ as long as you don't use plugin commands), but I accent with Effekseer. :LZSexcite:
    Success! My experimental version of UMC Lighting MZ recognizes Galv Map Projectiles MZ. Now my sparkles will come at deadly velocity. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    And now it carries "extra info" with it... So that when it connects it can provide whatever information I want. Such as a specific damage amount, or even a whole function if I so desire. :LZScool:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    JavaScript:
    Galv.PROJ.dir(this._eventId,1,12,30,this.get_self_variable(`Projectile Image`),2,this.get_self_variable(`action`),[],[],3,2,48,this.get_self_variable(`projectile light`),this.get_self_variable(`damage amount`))

There may come a day where all of those read this.get_self_variable... but for now that the last two options exist is good enough for me. :LZScool:
    Alador
    Alador
    when the sporkles connect with the player:
    You have been given the effect Glitterified.
    Glitterified
    effect:
    Glitter gets stuck in your hair and on your clothing. That's not ever gonna come out. Stealth -25 as monsters can see you from miles away, you walking disco ball.
    Today a person showed up at my office saying... "Sorry I was going to message you but I messaged myself instead."
    Now you know, don't waste your time messaging the person. Just message yourself instead. Pretty much genius. :LZSwink:
    So in a bizarre turn of events if you comment out one error message in QPlus, it along with QMovement, QPathfind, and QSprite all works in MZ. Of course that's not really the strange part, while regular QMap doesn't work with it... Luna QMap works perfectly with the old version of QPlus. Now if only QM-Collision Map worked as well.
    ??????
    ??????
    reason i stuck with mz was also because of 'the shiny'. my particle lantern effect doesnt look the same in mv. the mz renderer process is just visually superior. even though its a bit slower.
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Sleepy Kitten Games
    Huh, makes me wonder if the same is true of QABS. I kind of doubt it, but it would be interesting if it did work.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I can't say I've ever bothered to setup QABS, I'd be incredibly surprised if it worked out the box though. I suppose the fastest test would be to take Quxios' demo for it and convert it over to MZ. :LZSwink:
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Too bad the Boss Battle Build Bout isn't also for VXAce.
I might not participate in the Boss Battle contest after all... I have more important things to do, like Wishful Wanda. And of course the Dark Deception spinoff I plan to pitch, Demon Slayer.
Changed my avatar, goodbye Alan Sugar, hello George Carlin (one of my favorite human beings ever)
If you still don't subscribe our Polish channel please consider it :)
1.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
logistikman