ImaginaryVillain
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• A bit of a "sparkle" update to the lower portion of the world map. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It's so silly overpowered as far as plugins go. You simply make an image with white where you want the player to able to go and any other color where you don't want them to go. I usually just take a pic of the map, and erase where I want the player to go, then save it as a second image. Other than that you just need to put one comment in a map pointing to that image to set it up.
    ??????
    ??????
    Yea I'll need to check that out sometime... If I ever need to make an actual normal map :D
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    That's fair, it is scientifically proven that no actual games are made here. Let nobody tell you different. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: ??????
    Facebook is so weird, they keep locking down my personal account. Now they want to review it.... All I literally do on it is Magic card related stuff such as thumbs up some people's Magic related comments, and use messenger to converse with friends about Magic cards. I don't even post public comments, or profile posts. What a garbage company, time to finally ditch it. :LZSskeptic:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Mind boggling really. I guess they must think I've been spamming for 10 years or something. They're pretty awkward on Instagram too (big surprise since they're also owned by FB). They actually called me a bot for following too many people and liking too many things. I guess FB is only happy if you hate everything. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    They have succeeded, I detest Instragram as well, though I weirdly get a lot of likes on it for my game stuff. So against my better judgement I've have been slowly adding to it. I will refrain from liking stuff though, else they'll probably just ban the account. I just can't believe there's a worse platform than Twitter. :kaoswt:
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    *accidentally double taps a magic card pic*

Account blocked!

They are just afraid you try to take over the world with the power of ancient egyptian monsters sealed on a kids card game, its understandable. Of course it isn't, what in the world?
    So I was playing with filters and this looked interesting...
    W67wn7w.jpg

Versus the normal look...
    lGsE8YT.jpg

Kind of gives a very different feel. :LZSexcite:

I forgot to post the animated version of the previous map I was working on. I'm still arguing with myself on if I like the stark blue ground better than the undergrowth ground used on the waterfall map. Hmm...
    Aerosys
    Aerosys
    I think the most important question would be: Why did you use RPG Maker anyway?
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    January 1999, I saw MV listed on a site. I'd always scoffed at it before, but out of boredom I downloaded the demo and just started messing with it. At the time, I had next to no concept of even what a variable was. MV is how I taught myself how to program. Sure if I knew now what I knew then and was starting I wouldn't use RM. But as I knew nothing, it's ease of use is why I'm here now.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    At this point, I've already set it up so I can produce maps like you see there in about 3-4 hours... And I'm not exactly slaving away, I watch YouTube and stuff.. Add to that all the other stuff I've figured out, and there's not really a reason to leave. I kind of have everything I need here for now. Plus I really want to finish this game, and starting on some other software would only set me back a lot of time.
    VtJqjRk.jpg

gGdHPp4.jpg

So I figured out how to put words and pictures in the screen transition. It even wipes away from both the top and bottom. The possibilities are endless! :LZSexcite: I'm going to devise secret messages now for them because I'm a terrible wonderful person like that. :kaopride:
    43jAR7X.jpg

oubUpc8.jpg

WIP for a new map. :LZSexcite:
    Sigony
    Sigony
    It is visually ~stimulating~
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    44RyMaZ.jpg

lDPVvp0.jpg

Further along, and look space has decided it's dark now... Got to love the randomly generated backgrounds. :LZSwink:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I had the greatest shower idea... You start out super powerful and instead level in reverse losing power as the levels continue. If you want to avoid the reduction, you collect the power ups to simply maintain status quo. Either way levels get harder. That should help convey the feeling of hopelessness this chapter wants. :LZSexcite:
    Reactions: Sigony
    Today represents my one year anniversary of throwing out the tile map. :LZSexcite: One year ago my game looked like...
    zdCt67I.jpg

And now for those that don't know, it looks like..
    gFaglg5.jpg

What a year, what a year indeed. RIP Tile Map, nobody misses you. :LZSwink:
    Riazey
    Riazey
    ooohhh yay! I'm really glad you did because your game u-turned into a very unique game! Also I'm sorry but SPORKLE PONTY??? YESSSSS???? :kaoluv:
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    So a day like today you ditched squares and shadows for the greater power of circles and sparkles, the day you became a true villain and sacrificed the squared-shapes!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    It occurs to me... I could make the player ride it. I mean I've got the right poses available... But there's exactly no gameplay reason to do that. Still by cycling two particles at the same time, I wouldn't even need to make the animation frames... Hmm... PIXI particles really are just straight cheating in the animation world. :LZSexcite:

I did a bit of a remake on one of the maps, also I made a particle for jumping into the portal, and one for traveling through the portal. I'll probably add more sparkles later to embellish it. :LZSwink:
    Realizing my earlier maps are an abomination against all things, I'm doing a bit of a remake. Tell me if you can see the difference. :LZSwink:
    gFaglg5.jpg

ThH1NLK.jpg

And the horrific before pics...
    pt2pvmS.jpg

fEneN9M.jpg
    • Love
    Reactions: Quexp and EpicFILE
    Hyouryuu-Na
    Hyouryuu-Na
    It's MV. Yeah it doesn't look anything like rpg maker :")
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Both are super creative but I like the second one better, easier on the eyes too!

EDIT: Sorry, that's supposed to be a compliment. The second one is less bright. I'm impressed by both but your remake is pretty sweet. :LZScool:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Interesting, that might be the first time I've ever heard bright pink and purple being easier on the eyes. :LZSwink:
    @Doinathing That's some high praise. I'm probably not making something on the level of Cuphead, but hey.... I appreciate it just the same. :LZSexcite: Also @Hyouryuu-Na is right, this is MV.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Quexp
    Wow.... My last map GIF got 47 likes, 16 retweet and 2,105 views on Twitter in 24 hours. My game thread here's only got 3k views in 6-7 months. I guess building my Twitter was insanely worth it. :LZSexcite:
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Joking aside, everybody who doesn't have a social media presence for their game should start right now. Seriously it takes a very long time to build and if you wait till the last moment your game will go unnoticed. Also if you make a Twitter/YouTube/Instagram I will swap you follows/subs. Just have to let me know. :LZSwink:
    Celestrium
    Celestrium
    I am going to have to start up a Twitter! But I think your awesome maps also have a lot to do with it!
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Thanks! And you definitely should. Having popularity really pays off, and the best part is once you have it... You have it for every game that comes after, so it's that much more likely your game does well. :LZSwink:
    gO0liam.jpg

YSMTDvJ.jpg

Slaving away at more maps. :LZSwink:
    Reactions: Hyouryuu-Na
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ..and create a collision map for QM-Collision Map, which is basically whiting out any portion of the map you want to be traversable. Follow the instructions in the plugin to set it as the collider for the map. All the particles are event based ones set to below the map. And Mog Weather EX takes care of the floating petals, and shooting stars in the background. That's the short explanation. :LZSwink:
    Nella102
    Nella102
    Ooh! If you wanted to make a video on it I could edit the video! I’m a video editor with 5 years of experience, I’d edit it for free.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I might just take you up on that at some point. Though right now I'm racing to get the prototype done for this game, so I'm trying to avoid any kind of extra projects. :kaoswt:
    Working on a new map, it's still in it's early stages... But soon it will have all the sparkles. :kaopride:
    pt2pvmS.jpg

fEneN9M.jpg
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Images are map bound so it's amazing for parallaxing. It also allows you to use notes to tint singular objects. And finally you can give objects conditions that trigger them from switches to variables to just actual Javascript. The only unusual thing is the objects do not appear in MV's map editor. So it's not good for events that need to move around. Still it's amazing for placing hitboxes and static objects.
    taarna23
    taarna23
    Last time I tried to load a map in that, it was like tilesets? What tilesets? You have none of those. >.>
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    Huh, it's been so long since I used tilesets I never bothered to check for that. I wonder if that's a common problem or not.
    PixeLockeT
    PixeLockeT
    I'm always all over SRD's plug ins. He's my fav plug in maker, overall. lol
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    I kind of watch Moghunter, Galv and SRD for MZ plugin releases. I don't even own MZ, just kind of snooping. :LZSangel: Speaking of which did you see the free plugin "Map Edge Trigger" he gives out to patrons or anybody else who visits there? :LZSwink:

And before I move on to the next map. The finished map, excluding NPCs/Story.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    ...such as QMovement and use actual pixels to see if they hit the right spots. You'd probably want to allow for some leeway if you do that though since being pixel perfect is difficult at best.
    ImaginaryVillain
    ImaginaryVillain
    And an added idea, you could have a particle image rotate in and just as it finishes display a picture in the place of where it was... Let it sit there for a movement then do a reverse of the particle animation to make it vanish so that the player knows what to draw.
    Alador
    Alador
    Well, what we were thinking is sensing the points and gradient within the player's drawn line segments, and then determining shapes based on that.

EDIT: oooh that sounds cool! I'll try that out when I make a prototype of the game!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It's almost 3 month and this piece of drawing is still not finished yet.
aaaa.jpg

Really busy with other stuffs like commission and coping with personal problem.
Stella & Elyune, maybe used for promotional art if my game project finished one day.
My ex put my heart upon a self he said don't give me no lines and keep my hands to myself :,(
An Old... old Harold | RPG Maker News #71

Did a test on myself and I was negative on COVID. I was sitting near my aunt the whole time while doing stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markikilouis231