Mar 12, 2017

Followers 1

Birthday:
February 27

Share This Page

iMaple

Noob Designer, Male, from Lucerne, Switzerland

Veteran

Can I beg for some feedback on my project, please? I've submitted it a while ago so when it got approved the post appeared quite far down on the list. I'm scared to bump it myself because of what the evil admins might do to me. Oct 28, 2014

iMaple was last seen:
Mar 12, 2017
    1. iMaple
      iMaple
      Can I beg for some feedback on my project, please? I've submitted it a while ago so when it got approved the post appeared quite far down on the list. I'm scared to bump it myself because of what the evil admins might do to me.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Lunarea
        Lunarea
        You should be very afraid of us...

Boo!
        Oct 28, 2014
      3. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        C-C-C-Cashmere (old)
        u 2 scary lunae
        Oct 28, 2014
      4. Alkorri
        Alkorri
        XD
        Oct 28, 2014
    2. iMaple
      iMaple
      Honest opinion please: Am I right to call people out on their clearly broken "commercial" games or is that their liberty I have no business with?
      1. View previous comments...
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        Depends. If it is in early development, pointing out the bugs can help. For example, I didn't know you could break my game until someone decided to ignore the plot and just wandered around before they were supposed to. But, just ripping an early development game helps no one and is likely to be ignored

That being said, if it is a finished game, and it is clearly broken or a quick cash grab, I'd say all bets are off
        Oct 25, 2014
      3. Shaz
        Shaz
        I'm assuming the game is released and you've paid for it. Most developers would want to know about bugs. If "clearly broken" means there's a bug that prevents you and everyone else from finishing it, then it shouldn't have been released - might be a case of a last-minute change during beta testing that introduced an unexpected bug. But if you're just doing stuff out of the norm and came across a serious issue, the developer may not even know about it.
        Oct 25, 2014
      4. Shaz
        Shaz
        It's not good to say you're going to "call them out" on it though - that implies that they've knowingly done this, and you're up for a confrontation. There's no need for an attitude like that. You just need to let them know you've found a problem - they may or may not be aware of it. They may or may not fix it (thinking if it's an older game). But most of them will appreciate you letting them know - IF you do it without attitude :)
        Oct 25, 2014
  • About

Birthday:
    February 27
    First Language:
    Heidelbergian?
    Ayyyyyyyyyyyyy

[Note to self: Insert something witty here]

Find me on:

YouTube - gameplay, OSTs and other random stuff

LinkedIn - networking

kaiwueest.com - blog, portfolio

Games, History, Politics and Psychology

Interact

Signature

Projects:

Pixel Sonata, currently in pre-production.

Find me on:

Twitter

YouTube

Portfolio Site