Iron_Brew
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Metro Gnome.png
    Sometimes it feels like genuine crime that I had to cancel this. I'm so happpy with this move and how simple the eventing setup for it was.

You really don't need a million plugins and fancy anime assets to make a fun system and creative abilities.
    Turned.png

Made a mockup of how a fight could go where enemies abduct and turn into your party complete with their spells and abilities. When you defeat the enemies, they get re-added, making it easier to fight the others.
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm he common denominator in the Internet arguments I've had in the last few months. I don't think that I am, sure - I'm easily goaded, but I've been working on that.

Think I've got to learn when to just walk away. I find it difficult sometimes, but I think this is a learning point for me.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Some people will hold onto their opinion regardless of other arguments/points made. Most of those people know this (like me and my opinion on PTB haha) and can keep it civil. The exceptions, well, in my opinion? Just not worth debating with. Nobody will win, and everyone will get upset, and then the poor mods have extra work
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Yeah. I always try to keep things civil and respectful, I really feel for the mods. I never want to make work for them

Sometimes I do think earlier intervention would help a lot of stuff not escalate, but also we're all (meant to be) adults and should be able to have conversations without devolving into mud-slinging.
    sunnyFVA
    sunnyFVA
    You and @Tai_MT wishing each other well is very telling and honestly feels great to see. Nothing wrong with spirited defense of your ideals in good faith! Just takes that little bit of self-honesty to know where to draw lines.
    Whats you guys' thoughts on enemy codexes? Completionist fun or torturous nightmare?

1654226482499.png

Trying out MrT's Enemy Book, customising it to hell but still ultimately fruitless as I am still not actively devving.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    I'm kinda indexdifferent... I like dexes as an idea, but I never end up using them in any way. :kaoswt: Never played a game where I'd hafta use one either!
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Most of the time I'm not ever going to look at it probably, there are a few games where that's an exception but that'd only be if enemies are actually unique and interesting enough and the codex ties into the game's lore in an interesting way giving me paragraphs of world-building to skim...but I think I'm in the minority there though so probably not good advice to give.
    Pasteleptic
    Pasteleptic
    I usually don't feel compelled to look at a games' bestiary, but there's a lot of people that like looking at them. There's a lot of information, but numbers themselves usually don't mean a lot to the player (as far as stats and attacks go). If I were to design one, I'd create it in a way that showed the technical details (such what condition is used for an attack, how often, and any status effects they inflict).
    New Content.png

Me: Has fun idea.
    Me: God, I wish this project wasn't cancelled.

At least I can still draw :D

Edit: Actually, my artistic ability is probably not such a dead certainty :LZSlol:
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Why was it canceled?
    Kenen
    Kenen
    I have always enjoyed seeing your screenshots, but don't think I've commented before. I hope that you'll be able to continue to work on your project in some form and share your progress.
    Work: Where I make my money but am miserable

Hobby: No longer allowed because of work decision. Also plagued by open homophobes

Even one reason not to end it and let my family just have my assets would be ideal
    Reactions: Ronyunderen
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    @Bex I'm not gay. The assumption that people being gay is somehow "throwing their sexuality heavily at everyone" is pretty odd. People can dislike homophobes without being gay.

The hobby I'm talking about is RPGM. I work in dev and am forbidden to create anythng which is considered a video game, so I'm doing art and writing puns right now with no real goal which is much less rewarding
    RCXGaming
    RCXGaming
    Wait @Iron_Brew you're forced by contract to not work on anything that isn't your actual work? :kaoback:
    Bex
    Bex
    The assumption that people being gay is somehow "throwing their sexuality heavily at everyone"
    Good that i did not make that assumption, iam with you on that one.
    I hope you are getting better soon.
    Something I do when I can't sleep is come up with an idea for an enemy/boss for a hypoethetical game - I'll usually start with a concept then come up with a pun, then draw that. If the viewer can figure out the name from the design, I've done well. So, let's play

WHO'S THAT BOSS
    Name This Enemy.png
    1653529725808.png
    >Wake up in the night
    >Can't sleep
    >Draw little freak
    >Come up with pancake based puns for attacks
    >Back to bed
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    1653530770701.png

There's so many possibilities. Eg: Flip the script. So much flipping content.
    Julijewels
    Julijewels
    Hey, this actually inspired me and I thought I'd give you another one you could do that fits the theme of this one..

The Undytaker! Instead of a pan, he has a shovel and he works in a crypt. Could be a nice addition especially in your artstyle!

Another one could be a zombie with a wedgie that goes over it's head. The Wedgbie. :LZSlol::LZSlol::LZSlol:
    Sorry for anyone who was offended by my profile post the mods took down. I thought innocent, non-sexual doodles wouldn't be controversial, and didn't mean to post anything even close to approaching sexual content. I apologise. Also, to the mods for violating the rule there. My bad.
    So many threads recently that can be solved by googling. Still, nice to see so many people engaging with the engine and helping new users!
    Reactions: HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Either solved by googling or solved by doing basic things that every computer user should know about by now.
    Willibab
    Willibab
    I blame my google-fu master :3
    1649975130215.png
    Please do not feel personally attacked by this meme if you identify with it. I simply cannot stop laughing.
    Bex
    Bex
    We could try to sweet talk the Situation with a Philosophical phrase. :kaoswt:
    tumblr_p2hpoxgNk81wxbpmuo2_r2_500.gif
    Beewo
    Beewo
    Not to be that guy, but to actually be that guy. I dont understand the joke :eswt:, could somebody explain?
    TheMeowingFox
    TheMeowingFox
    @Beewo I think it's a joke on how many devs really do just install a plugin or several to spruce up their battles because the default one is too boring. XD
    Jesus Christ. I'm trying to take a bit of a break from being an argumentative dickhead, but some people really do seem to be put on this Earth to test my patience.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Update on the Unity thing: I had to redo all my map graphics for Unity because the originals were from XP, but it actually looks so much better now in Unity, so I genuinely might make the switch.
Messing around with fragment shaders (filters). This thing is HUGE and I'm surprised almost no one makes good use of. Even the number of plugins that do this stuff are limited.
ScreenShot_6_28_2022_3_2_40.png

There's 7 main areas in the game that are all connected. This train get's you from an underground lab to the center of someone's subconscious. inside the train you can talk to some of the passengers. but going to the top of it, there's battles.
Speedrunning all character portraits just so they all have the same quality. Not sure if this was a good idea, but now I'm almost done.
We now have a gameplay video!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Asinthew