Iron_Brew
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Tfw blocking people doesn't stop them interacting with your content.

What a life!
    RianQuenlin
    RianQuenlin
    makes a new account "Why did you block me narf narf narf narf"
    That's a downside of two-way blocking but it's a downside that only occurs when moderation teams are spineless.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Why should it though? Unless what said person is doing is actively illegal/against forum rules (in which case you can report them) then you blocking them shouldn't stop them from interacting with other people who choose to engage with them, regarding your content or anything else.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Just feels skeevy to me, I guess.

Like I get it, I'm choosing not to see their stuff, but knowing (or being told) that they have continued to engage with mine gives it a feeling of power imbalance that makes my skin crawl a little.
    To elaborate on "safety" since bgillisp locked the thread, some lunatics will take reports personally and decide to harass people who file reports or otherwise complain about them. Me, I don't care but others seeing that might nope right out of discussion. Being a former mod back in the mid-2000s for some gaming forums in by BYOND days I can tell you some people go crazy.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    I wasn't. It went from a discussion about a relatively normal, innocuous conversation to a weird dick waving contest that then ended up getting locked.
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Since the opportunity has arisen, I'll take this chance to say that I do not care about you reporting my comment. It was obvious to whoever looked at it that I had not done anything wrong, so I'm not getting wrongfully punished or anything. And even if I was, I have no interest in starting bs.
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Yeah, I have no time or want for further unpleasantness or drama. Let's all just go make games, eh
    KeyArt2.png
    More key art for Knight Shift!
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Have you started working on it again? :D
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Sadly no, but I'm drawing in my spare time a lot and figured it'd be ok to post this
    Trihan
    Trihan
    Aw. :(
    Not looking to sadpost but **** me is it lonely when you're not around your pals any more.
    • Sad
    Reactions: HexMozart88
    BlackGoldSaw
    BlackGoldSaw
    I wish I HAD friends to even be able to say that.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I'm kinda with both of you on this. I've GOT friends... they just don't ever have free time. And when they finally do have time to hang out, I know it'll be a freakin year before I see them again :\
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    The real sadness starts when you're so used to it you start to prefer it...
    1656550526125.png
    Town Design is the best part of an RPG. Well, that and dungeon design
    Alador
    Alador
    Why is it freeburg if it's enclosed in a wall
    Kes
    Kes
    Big red house, lower left corner - it's so close to the wall that either its back wall is the town wall, or the windows of its back wall are inches away. Its left side wall does appear to be slam up against the town wall. That potentially leaves windows (& therefore light) on only 2 sides of the house. Would anyone with the resources to build a house that size build it that way?
    slimmmeiske2
    slimmmeiske2
    I thought it read Free Bugs for a second.
    Metro Gnome.png
    Sometimes it feels like genuine crime that I had to cancel this. I'm so happpy with this move and how simple the eventing setup for it was.

You really don't need a million plugins and fancy anime assets to make a fun system and creative abilities.
    Turned.png

Made a mockup of how a fight could go where enemies abduct and turn into your party complete with their spells and abilities. When you defeat the enemies, they get re-added, making it easier to fight the others.
    Sometimes I wonder if I'm he common denominator in the Internet arguments I've had in the last few months. I don't think that I am, sure - I'm easily goaded, but I've been working on that.

Think I've got to learn when to just walk away. I find it difficult sometimes, but I think this is a learning point for me.
    Cythera
    Cythera
    Some people will hold onto their opinion regardless of other arguments/points made. Most of those people know this (like me and my opinion on PTB haha) and can keep it civil. The exceptions, well, in my opinion? Just not worth debating with. Nobody will win, and everyone will get upset, and then the poor mods have extra work
    Iron_Brew
    Iron_Brew
    Yeah. I always try to keep things civil and respectful, I really feel for the mods. I never want to make work for them

Sometimes I do think earlier intervention would help a lot of stuff not escalate, but also we're all (meant to be) adults and should be able to have conversations without devolving into mud-slinging.
    sunnyFVA
    sunnyFVA
    You and @Tai_MT wishing each other well is very telling and honestly feels great to see. Nothing wrong with spirited defense of your ideals in good faith! Just takes that little bit of self-honesty to know where to draw lines.
    Whats you guys' thoughts on enemy codexes? Completionist fun or torturous nightmare?

1654226482499.png

Trying out MrT's Enemy Book, customising it to hell but still ultimately fruitless as I am still not actively devving.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    I'm kinda indexdifferent... I like dexes as an idea, but I never end up using them in any way. :kaoswt: Never played a game where I'd hafta use one either!
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Most of the time I'm not ever going to look at it probably, there are a few games where that's an exception but that'd only be if enemies are actually unique and interesting enough and the codex ties into the game's lore in an interesting way giving me paragraphs of world-building to skim...but I think I'm in the minority there though so probably not good advice to give.
    Pasteleptic
    Pasteleptic
    I usually don't feel compelled to look at a games' bestiary, but there's a lot of people that like looking at them. There's a lot of information, but numbers themselves usually don't mean a lot to the player (as far as stats and attacks go). If I were to design one, I'd create it in a way that showed the technical details (such what condition is used for an attack, how often, and any status effects they inflict).
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Fun question - how do you manage the scope of your projects? All of my projects seem to balloon until they pop and they are suddenly nonexistent!
no I did not just have to write a song three different times because my music software doesn't support tempo changes!!
I WILL defeat this demonic USB connection notification bug
ScreenShot_8_15_2022_6_22_24.png
Mike trying to dodge the Memory Pawns invading Bantam Street. I like how the filters I used on the map almost make it look like the street is wet in a sense.
Come watch as Studio Blue plays OMORI live on the final RPG Maker Critiques stream!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goonfuture