Recent content by J_C

1. J_C

RMVXA A Long Road Home - ON STEAM NOW!

Wow, I've neglected this thread quite a bit. Sorry about that. So, a little update: The game has made its way onto Steam in the last few months, and received a few updates, mostly for ironing out a few bugs and text issues. If anyone wants to check it out, please follow the link, you can get it...
  2. J_C

Cycle through events like it is a button?

I was thinking of a feature which would need the use of events as buttons. Like when you launch the game and the see the new game, Load game, quit buttons which you can select. My idea would be that the developer would be able to specifiy certain events as buttons, so the player can move the...
  3. J_C

Ruby/RGSSx questions that don't deserve their own thread

Hey everyone, Is there a way to export the item IDs into an array with a script?
  4. J_C

How to save a global variable/array?

Got it. Just one thing. I have no idea how to do this. :D Edit: Hey, I got it afterall. :)
  5. J_C

How to save a global variable/array?

Hello! I'm trying to put together a very basic script which stores numbers in an array. And during the game, I add and remove elements from this array. What I can't do is to make the game remember the actual content of the array if I save and exit the game. Can anyone help me in this?
  6. J_C

A Long Road Home - AVAILABLE ON STEAM NOW!

Thank you everyone!
  7. J_C

Hello! I'm happy to announce that A Long Road Home is available on Steam right now. Our first point and click adventure game launches with a -20% discount for the first week, so if you want to experience the story we created, and test your wit on our puzzles, you can get a copy for only $2,39...
  8. J_C

Hi, everyone! The Steam release is crawling closer each day, it is only a week off now. A Long Road Home coming to Steam on the 31. January, with Steam achievements and trading cards for the price of $2.99. I would like to thank every help I got from you guys and girls, this is one of the...
  9. J_C

This month just keeps giving. :D Today, A Long Road Home has been greenlit on Steam, so you can expect a Steam release in a few weeks. Thank you everyone for your support, it means a lot for me.
  10. J_C

I have great news everybody. A Long Road Home is finally finished, and it is available on itch.io right now. It was a long and difficult journey, especially that this is my very first game. A Long Road Home is not a perfect game, but I hope it is an enjoyable adventure game. You can find it...
  11. J_C

How to make a picture always visible?

Thank you both, this was it. It works perfectly.
  12. J_C

Victor's script is right here: https://victorenginescripts.wordpress.com/rpg-maker-vx-ace/light-effects/ I read the script descriptions, but I haven't found anything about adding an exception to the light/darkness effect.
  13. J_C

Hi! I'm trying to make a HUD system, using pictures as the HUD buttons. My problem is, if there is a map which is covered in darkness (using Victors's light script), the HUD pictures are also go dark, and are barely visible. Is there a way to make a picture always visible, regardless of the...
  14. J_C

Little update on the Greenlight Campaign.  Received 324 yes votes so far, which I'm fairly satisfied with. Doing some graphical update at the moment, making some of the maps a little prettier with Candacis' tilesets. I hope I can finish it by the first half of the next week. Then I make a few...
  15. J_C

Is there such a thing as "parallax events"?

This question struck me as I tried to figure out a HUD system for the game. Is there a way to "pin" events to a position on the screen, so when I'm moving around with the character, the event is scrolling with the screen, and it is always visible at the same exact spot?

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I just noticed the minigame challenge. Now considering...
My project just started lagging during battletest and I haven't been able to figure out why...
Oh, Google is now warning users against installing extensions on Edge Chromium
on my plate today- animation.
"Your service has been identified as part of an outage. This is expected to be restored by 7pm IN SEVEN DAYS!!!" Guess I won't be around as much over the next week :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cadenm1223