Jade010
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• so recently my friend asked me what makes a game stand out. I told him that I believe its the story and the way the characters are used in the story. that's just my opinion.
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    ScorchedGround
    ScorchedGround
    As with many things gaming-related, my answer will often be "it depends".
    There are just too many variables involved to make generalized statements.

I have played tons of games with 'meh' gameplay-mechanics, but I kept going because of the great story and characters.

Likewise, I played a lot games purely for the gameplay, completely ignoring the story.
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    I ignore the story of pretty much any Square Enix game... If you plan to make the story stand out, try not to do it by making it so ridiculously complicated that you need entire YouTube channels to explain it to people.
    Jade010
    Jade010
    these are all good points
    I'm still wondering if its possible to make a 3d game using a lot of coding in rpg maker mz? then again, im not sure it'd work for my game lol
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    It doesn't take much wondering, there are existing plugins to turn your RPG Maker maps into isometric maps with 3D objects, or into first person 3D.
    ATT_Turan
    ATT_Turan
    They all work problematically to various degrees, as the engine is not designed to do that. So it's possible, but at a certain point you're better off using other software that is actually intended for that use.
    Jade010
    Jade010
    i see. well thanks
    My first game is gonna be a really ambitious one. But it's costing me a lot of money to make lol. it'll be worth it though
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am having the opposite problem my first commercial game I made in 13 months and it wasn't difficult but making a second commercial game has been difficult, have been trying since 2020.
    Jade010
    Jade010
    ill try yo tone it down a little lol although i do know a lot about mz and how it works. i just wish i new coding
    Jade010
    Jade010
    btw sorry i havent been on to comment. been really busy on the weekend.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Will be focusing on map making today and adding locked chests :LZSsmile:Screenshot 2021-09-16 095316.png
It's hard to stay consistent for at least a week
new enemies for the game I'm working on...
Fricken hell! I dropped a bowl with mac and spam on my brothers floor, and was going to put leftover mac with whatever was still safe in there. It was only after I added the leftover mac that my brother told me he put floor noodles in there, now I wasted my planned dinner for tomorrow!
How to make a cool character 101: Create a messy plot, make the character said "all according to the plan", then somehow the problem is solved.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rafamartini