Last Activity:
Apr 20, 2016
Birthday:
Feb 1, 1995 (Age: 24)

Share This Page

Jay Donovan

Little bit of everything, Male, 24, from UK

Veteran

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who know how to make Hack 'N' Slash happen in RPGMaker VX? :D Jan 13, 2014

Jay Donovan was last seen:
Apr 20, 2016
    1. AoDLegacy
      AoDLegacy
      How goes it?
    2. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who know how to make Hack 'N' Slash happen in RPGMaker VX? :D
      1. Andar
        Andar
        depends on your definition of "Hack'n Slash" - there are several different definitions.

Please ask in the forum, not in the status feed, with more description of what you want...
        Jan 13, 2014
      2. AoDLegacy
        AoDLegacy
        I think I know of a script, though I'd have to find it again.
        Jan 13, 2014
      3. Darkanine
        Darkanine
        They're scripts that make Action RPG systems, but they're not fast enough to e Hack'n'slash If I recall.
        Jan 13, 2014
    3. Jay Donovan
    4. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Does anybody play the Hawken Beta?
    5. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Any Mech games made with RPG Maker? I hope so, it's probably awesome! :D
      1. Archeia
        Archeia
        the RPG Maker XP sample game.
        May 19, 2013
    6. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      This song is so peaceful
    7. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      The most obvious important realities are often the ones that are hardest to see and talk about
    8. GasaiYuno
      GasaiYuno
      Your experience amazes me.
      1. Jay Donovan
        Jay Donovan
        Haha, why? :)
        May 9, 2013
    9. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Does anyone else listen to fast paced music while doing graphic work? I find it keeps a steady workflow :)
      1. GasaiYuno
        GasaiYuno
        Yes
        May 9, 2013
    10. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Game genres come in all shapes and sizes. Don't be afraid to mix and match :)
    11. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Don't underestimate kids: they're smarter than you think
      1. LoneWolfDon
        LoneWolfDon
        Most of 'em is smarter dan me ;)
        May 2, 2013
      2. Sievnn
        Sievnn
        You were obviously beaten by a child ;) SHAME.
        May 2, 2013
    12. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      It takes all kinds of people to make video games.
    13. Jay Donovan
      Jay Donovan
      Praise the lord for golden weekend!
  • About

Birthday:
    Feb 1, 1995 (Age: 24)
    First Language:
    English
    Hey, nice to meet you!

Education

I have a Level 2 BTEC in Game Development and I'm currently in my second year of a Level 3 BTEC in Game Development. I'm also on another course which is a Level 3 BTEC in Character Design.

Experience

I have two weeks of Game Testing experience for SCEE (Sony Computer Entertainment Europe) Which took place in Liverpool. I have also worker for people for free to build up a portfolio to present upon accepting professional freelance work.

What do I have to offer

I know a little bit of everything when it comes to the creative side of Game Development like:

• Character design
    • Environment design
    • 3D modeling (Maya 2013, Cinema 3D and 3DS Max)
    • Graphic design (Heads-Up Displays, Splash screens, logos and In-game graphics)
    • Concept art (For everything I guess)
    • Story development (Character development, Player progression, Side quests and Non-linear story progression)
    Why am I here?

I'm here for the same reason as you, to be involved with the creation of a video game. The idea of creating something from scratch can be daunting some times but as long as you're not doing it alone then it can sometimes be a very rewording experience, instead of a stressful one :)

Let's get to work!

I have quite a bit of spare time as my college courses only take up half of my week, so the rest of the time I'd prefer to work on projects. If you'd like me to work on a project with you or for you then please don't hesitate to send me a private message requesting, well, anything! Even if you don't need a hand, send me a message anyway, I'm always interested to see what people are up to, especially in this forum of mass creativity!

Signature