Last Activity:
Sep 23, 2018 at 12:59 AM
Birthday:
March 1

Share This Page

Jiffy

i press buttons on my keyboard, Male, from Florida

Veteran

I really need to make a JIF_Core or something to prevent a lot of repetition when creating new plugins Aug 28, 2018

Jiffy was last seen:
Sep 23, 2018 at 12:59 AM
    1. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      I really need to make a JIF_Core or something to prevent a lot of repetition when creating new plugins
      1. View previous comments...
      2. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @TheoAllen Is that actually a thing? Like what's the big deal lol, you gotta put 2 plugins in the plugin manager?
        Aug 28, 2018
      3. TheoAllen
        TheoAllen
        Yeah sadly it's actually a thing. They just don't know what core engines actually are.
        Aug 28, 2018
      4. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @TheoAllen Wow lmao. People will find a reason to complain about anything I guess.
        Aug 28, 2018
    2. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      It's nice being back and making plugins. I have a release waiting to be verified and i'm trying to get 1 out a week. This is hype for me
      1. Frogboy
        Frogboy
        Whatcha making?
        Aug 21, 2018
      2. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @Frogboy this week's plugin was a combat mechanic know as move staling. Next week's has to do with skill formulas. Don't want to spoil it though ;)
        Aug 21, 2018
        Frogboy likes this.
    3. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Can't handle tileset formats so i'm now parallax mapping everything lol
      1. Stanley and Guiguimu like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @Guiguimu I was referring to the format you have to put tiles lol, i like making the whole map in Photoshop than having to make tons of tile variations to make it look good in the editor.
        Jul 20, 2017
        Stanley and Guiguimu like this.
      4. Stanley
        Stanley
        panorama for the win! Or is that still the term they use in MV? Got my copy of MV but havent used it yet..
        Jul 20, 2017
      5. Guiguimu
        Guiguimu
        I know how parallax mapping is made, I use gimp tho. The tiles I was referring was the crosses and whatever symbols you use to determine passage on that tile, that's all xD
        Jul 20, 2017
        Stanley likes this.
    4. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Yay computer issues! Getting a BSoD from a corrupted sys file. According the internet my only solution is a clean install of windows...
    5. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      I felt like this was appropriate http://i64.tinypic.com/fum689.png
      1. GameFire and Kyoku like this.
    6. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Anyone here use Ubuntu? I'm tempted to switch, I hate Windows 10...
      2. Sarlecc
        Sarlecc
        I currently use Ubuntu (and have used Debian for the same purpose) on/as a virtual server for a project I have made for RPGmaker MV. Other then that I don't really use Linux.
        May 26, 2017
      3. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @taarna23 You have a point on the gaming thing. I guess i'll just suck it up and deal with Windows 10 lol
        May 27, 2017
      4. taarna23
        taarna23
        Windows 10 is not all bad. The spy-ish parts of it can be turned off, and the rest of the information it sends out are things like automated bug reports, crash reports and compatibility issues. Google up O&O Shut Up 10 and it will even automate turning off the spy-ish stuff. Just apply the recommended settings. Run the program again whenever updates occur.
        May 27, 2017
        Jiffy likes this.
    7. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      You never realize how hard eventing NPC routes is until you try it yourself...
      2. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        May 24, 2017
      3. KayZaman
        KayZaman
        Whoa!! I wanna try too.
        May 24, 2017
      4. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @Hudell Yes, I still can't get work right.
        May 26, 2017
    8. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Day 3 of making my own tileset, why is MV's tiling system so odd?
      1. Sharm
        Sharm
        You'll get used to most of it. It does make sense, but I wish they'd go back to XP's style. I like the full tile look for sides and corners on autotiles so much better.
        May 10, 2017
        Jiffy likes this.
      2. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        @Sharm I really miss XPs tiling system. :'(
        May 10, 2017
    9. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Well, I'm back home, already made a May progress thread. Now to just catch up on blog posts and get back to coding.
    10. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Still haven't gotten to make my project post or my IndieDB page, I'm going on another vacation without a computer, so rip progress.
    11. Jiffy
      Jiffy
      Finally got around to working on the farming system, it actually worked flawlessly within 10 minutes of me setting it up.
      2. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @Dizzledorfs A custom plugin paired with Galvs Tool system plugin.
        May 23, 2017
      3. Dizzledorfs
        Dizzledorfs
        Haha that is basically what I am doing as well. Galvs Tool system is awesome. But what I wanted for my farming was a bit different than his farming plugin. Can I ask how in general you handled the changing of the graphics for the crops? I am trying to decide between spawning and figuring how to do it with the character sheets. Thanks
        May 24, 2017
      4. Jiffy
        Jiffy
        @Dizzledorfs I just used character sheets, a sheet for wet and dry crops.
        May 26, 2017
  • About

Birthday:
    March 1
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I am me