jkweath
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
    joepmeloen
    Interresting
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Yeah... Only Google Play and iTunes seem worth the effort. Everything else is pretty small time. Probably only 5% the audience.
    Reactions: jkweath
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @NinjaKittyProductions very little, but my primary income sources are Steam and Google Play. I wanted to try Amazon since it wasn't difficult to set up on. It's sort of like Itch in a sense that, yeah, you can make some money from it but there's effort involved that could be put toward more productive things.
    Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
    Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
    Had my first interaction with a legit homophobe concerning one of my games today. Tempting to engage, but pointless.
    As much as I *love* Oceansdream's nostalgia graphics, I can't deny that my games using the FES graphics far outpace my Nostalgia games in sales. Lesson learned, I suppose.
    Oh no... The day has finally come. The "mapping phase" for my next game.
    A reminder for anyone releasing a game on Steam: if you receive emails from "Twitch Streamers", they're 90% scams. Most of them follow a specific format so they're easy to spot.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    They usually go something like:

"Hi, I'm (username 1), but I go by (username 2). I live in (place) and go to (college) and have (streaming schedule). I used to stream on (console) but got fed up with a lack of viewers so I switched to PC.

I saw your game (game name) and was wondering if you could help me out.

(emails/twitch URLs that lead to actual streamers unaffiliated with the email)"
    jkweath
    jkweath
    The person/people writing these emails likely take keys they receive and re-sell them on G2A. Don't fall for it!
    Been redesigning the battle UI. Could definitely use some feedback.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    You can give it a shot and compare how it looks. It always help to have both images side by side to judge.
    MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    This is really awesome!! Honestly, I'm kind of impressed. I love how the monsters are clearly the focus here, but you can also see the party's status at a glance. That's something I struggle with myself.

(...I may or may not steal parts of this... :guffaw:)

Great work! Love the skeleton as well.
    Finnuval
    Finnuval
    i like it, however I would move the options to the right, personal preference xD
    Man, there are just not enough hours in a day to do the things I want to do.
    Are there any good Battle HUD / UI plugins that *aren't * from Moghunter?
    Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask support questions. Please post a thread in JS Plugins.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Meh. I was at work and didn't have time to make a full-on thread. Point taken, though. I don't see any other good battle HUD plugins on the Master List site though, so I'll probably just bite the bullet and start coding a new HUD myself.
    k_mckenzie
    k_mckenzie
    I think it's cool that tweets embed like this. Gonna follow you! I need more RPG Maker in my Twitter life.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @k_mckenzie thanks! It's pretty neat seeing what other people have done with MV. I see a lot of Tweets from Japanese devs who have some really elaborate stuff. I was inspired to re-do my menus by one of those guys, and mine still don't match up to what his looked like.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    Very nice menu! I'm also going to follow you on twitter, it's nice to have a little RPG Maker community over threre too.

Also, tweets are allowed in profile posts, don't worry :D
    I think the most disappointing thing about WC3: Reforged was logging into the channels my old internet friends used to inhabit 10+ years ago and seeing them all empty.
    Thinking about picking up Luna Engine, but also wondering if I should wait to see if it goes on sale.
    The Mighty Palm
    The Mighty Palm
    I've always used Moghunter stuff despite owning Luna Engine. Take that as you will.
    Kes
    Kes
    Apart from the display of the actor images & stats in battle, all of that can be done in Ace without using Luna Engine, including all the stats on the equip screen. I'd be surprised if the equivalents did not exist for MV. Might be worth a hunt around.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'll just focus on working on other things for now, then if Luna Engine MV goes on sale later I'll pick it up, otherwise I'll look around or just make the edits myself.
    While I take a break from developing RPGs, I'm thinking of doing something I've never done before: actually playing an RPG released by someone else. Any suggestions?
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Ok, cool! Hope you like it! If you need other ideas for later:

Mushroomcake28 released Luna Sanctus on Steam
    For other ideas, I had a lot of fun with Radiant Arc (also on Steam). And Pegasus 5 is fun too, though short.
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @bgillisp Thanks for the recommendation hahaha!
    MushroomCake28
    MushroomCake28
    @jkweath If you ever want to pick up my game, just a little heads up I'm having a New Year announcement coming tomorrow and I'll be lowering the price. It's a long game, and it starts slowly (which is probably one of my mistakes in that game). (slowly is like the 3-4 hours of the game. Total playtime should be like 25 hours, 30-40 if you like sidequests lol).
    For anyone who has uploaded a game to Steam and wonders if they actually check your game's build when you first upload it, I can personally vouch for Steam.
    Reactions: MechScapeZH
    bgillisp
    bgillisp
    Musta improved, as they have been caught selling games where the .exe was missing a few years ago.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    I suppose so. They had quite a list of suggestions for me too, mostly involving controller support. For example: they warned that if you unplug a controller while playing and plug it back in, the game won't recognize it. I didn't even know that. Nothing I can do about that, as far as I know.
    MechScapeZH
    MechScapeZH
    Very good to know- thanks for posting this! Glad to see Steam cares about what it's selling.
    I have done *something* to my lower back. Im 99% finished with my next game but the pain is too distracting. Combined with work overtime, I will probably be taking a break for awhile.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @The Stranger I'm hoping it's just muscle related. Heat definitely helps it feel better, but some advice I read on the always-reliable internet suggested using ice for a couple days before switching over to heat, so I'm gonna try that and see if it works. If not I'll probably visit a doctor.
    The Stranger
    The Stranger
    You can give it a try, but I've heard that heat is much more effective than cold at relieving muscle pain and sore joints. Heat relaxes muscles and dilates blood vessels. I'm no doctor or anything though. Hope you get well soon, being in pain sucks.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I had heard that ice and heat are both good, but for different issues. If you need heat and you use ice instead, it could cease it up even more. If you have already found that heat makes it feel better, I'd stick with heat.

I think ice for sprains, and heat for muscular pain.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

1st of March 2014 I joined and it has been a great experience for 6 whole years. The only thing I can say is a huge thank you to ALL members of this forum.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!
Now irinea just blocked me in discord
Just finished making a character selector at the beginning of the game that allows the player to pick gender and skin tone. I couldn't be more pleased.
Stream will be live shortly with some Witcher 3! Feel free to drop by!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccthetic