jkweath
Last Activity:
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Followers 1

Share This Page

jkweath

Goes Fast, Male

Veteran

Never thought I'd see the day where I had to research Twitter hashtags. Jul 23, 2019 at 8:58 AM

jkweath was last seen:
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:30 AM
    1. jkweath
      jkweath
      Never thought I'd see the day where I had to research Twitter hashtags.
      1. standardplayer
        standardplayer
        I only just realized last year it wasn't called 'Tweeter' or 'Twizzler'. This site is as close to social media as I get
        Jul 23, 2019 at 11:24 AM
    2. jkweath
      jkweath
      Finally finished porting all of my games to Android. Now time to resume work on game #4.
    3. jkweath
      jkweath
      Was really hoping more people would be interested in commission for coding a new Admob plugin for Android.
      1. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        That kind of technical knowledge is very specific, so (while I don't doubt there are people here who can do it) it might take you a while to find a taker. You could keep bumping your thread every week or so. You could also look through the Offers threads or even the Learning JS threads and PM people you think are capable of doing the job.
        Jul 18, 2019 at 6:33 AM
      2. Wavelength
        Wavelength
        Finally, you could also just focus on getting your game up and running and popular enough that it's worth JUSTIFYING adding ads to the game. Many popular games start without ads to build up a user base, and ad revenue tends to suck until you have hundreds of thousands of players anyhow. At that point, you could hire a more expensive and specialized professional freelancer if no one on the forums has taken it up.
        Jul 18, 2019 at 6:34 AM
        jkweath likes this.
      3. jkweath
        jkweath
        Good advice as always Wavelength. Easy to forget that ads really don't bring in much money until thousands of people are seeing them.

Still, IMO it would be nice if I could get someone to write the plugin and, preferably, make it available to the public--that way, for anyone who does get a free game up and running, they won't have to wait longer for someone to write a plugin.
        Jul 20, 2019 at 1:13 AM
    4. jkweath
      jkweath
      Trying again now that I fixed my settings: Anyone here have any success porting MV games to the iOS store?
      1. Amane Kagari
        Amane Kagari
        You mean the App Store? Good luck. Apple is really meh when it comes to indie game deployments. If you have a choice, go for google play instead or do a self-deployment with a APK (for android). (Sorry I'm kinda "android bias" but Android is the only thing I know. I'm not sure how to deploy around the App Store on iOS. Though, it's possible. Just troublesome.)
        Jul 10, 2019
      2. jkweath
        jkweath
        Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks for the info. I've actually been deploying to Android for awhile now and was just wondering if it'd be worth it to try to expand to Apple - only reason I haven't tried yet is because I don't own an iPhone.
        Jul 10, 2019
    5. jkweath
      jkweath
      Has anyone here successfully put a game on the Apple app store?
    6. jkweath
      jkweath
      Any commercial developers here have experience with a non-English steam market? How's it going for you?
    7. jkweath
      jkweath
      really glad I picked up the DS resource pack. I really like the character art style more than MV's RTP.
  • About

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A