jkweath
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I don't like buying an entire music pack just for one track, but maaan Alec Shea's jRPG music is just too good to pass up. I wish I had more opportunities in my game to use all the tracks.
    Reactions: Marsigne
    Shaz
    Shaz
    I would think if Alec Shea's jRPG music is just too good to pass up, you'd be able to use several of the tracks and not just one. If not this game, maybe the next :)
    Spookybun
    Spookybun
    I agree with Shaz on this. I would personally look to making some games that can use them if you really think you can't use more of the tracks in your game now. Maybe some of them can help give you some inspiration in how you can use them.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Yeah, I'll likely see if I can't use more of the tracks in future projects. I bought the music pack at ~95% game completion, so many of the tracks don't fit the areas I've already made. For example, there's a great jungle-themed track, but I don't have any jungles!
    I'm so mixed on taking naps. 50/50 chance I'll either wake up feeling wonderful (like right now), or wake up feeling like I just want to sleep for the rest of the day.
    Reactions: mishakoc
    Windows i7
    Windows i7
    Naps tend to throw off my sleep patterns so I generally avoid them.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Yep, which is another reason why I rarely take them. I have to get up early for work, so I'm not looking forward to trying to fall asleep tonight.
    mishakoc
    mishakoc
    Forme there's also 50% chance I won't wake up when I need to and oversleep the day.
    I dislike mapping so much that I've thought about hiring someone from here to just draw the map layouts for me...
    I hate working long hours/overtime. Work gives me a chance to come up with new ideas, but too many hours and I become too exhausted to dev. Might have to take another break for awhile.
    The Google Play rating for one of my games finally rose above 4.0 after getting review-bombed from a $0 sale. Now the game's sales are doing much better when discounted, so that's nice.
    • Love
    Reactions: Eliaquim
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @Wavelength "review bomb" might be the wrong phrase; I just didn't have enough characters to explain what happened. I tried doing a $0 "free" sale for this particular game. Thousands downloaded it almost immediately, and many left 1-star ratings/reviews either because the game couldn't run on their phone or it wasn't available in their language.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    -Both of those things I'd accounted for beforehand, but not nearly well enough. It took many months for its sales to recover. I learned after that day to be extra vigilant on restricting what phones can download my games and making sure the game description says it's in ENGLISH ONLY - not to mention -never- doing a $0 sale again.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    I'm sure this is an established thing, but I believe there's a psychological thing where people are more inclined to enjoy something they paid for since they've already sunk money into it, whereas it's much easier to criticize or outright dump something they got for free since they had no investment in it to begin with.
    I think one of my weirdest realizations is that my speed of game development would probably be about the same if I *didn't* work a full-time manual labor job.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    My whole thing is that I can't come up with creative ideas when I'm sitting in front of a computer. Gotta be doing something else. If I had the dream of full-time gamedev, I would *have* to find a mindless hobby that gave me time to just think.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    I think maybe a combination of going to the gym and driving around more frequently would work.
    Animebryan
    Animebryan
    That's because all activities, whether they be paid labor (Job), unpaid labor (house/yard work), exercise or even working on the computer, all have a natural speed limit controlled by motivation, time, patience & stamina.
    This speed limit is often naturally enforced by Burnout. There's a limit to what you can accomplish in a certain time frame regardless of how much free time you have in a given day.
    So, uh, has anyone tried buying any resources from KokoroReflections? Because I've been looking for a 'buy' button on the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find one.
    I set my goal to be finished with Knight Bewitched 2 by sometime in July. Based on my current work schedule and progress, I'm not sure that's going to happen, but by golly I'm gonna try!
    Backup tip: If you don't want to back up your whole project every day, at least back up everything *except* your Image and Audio folders, which you can do weekly/as needed/etc.
    Reactions: Parallax Panda
    Kes
    Kes
    @Parallax Panda Then get a USB memory stick. Is it worth losing a project for the cost of a memory stick?
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @Parallax Panda do you have a Gmail account? Google drive gives you 15 GB of cloud space for free. Regardless, backing up a project *without* the audio and image folders only takes up a few megabytes.
    Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    I actually use Google drive and Dropbox. But i guess backning it up wothout the 8mages and audio might be doable.
    Found out someone took one of my artist's commissions, edited it and claimed it as their own. Called them out on Twitter, got blocked. Not sure whether to feel irritated or honored.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @Poryg nah. I mentioned it to my artist and we both agreed that it was annoying, if not flattering. Now if the person tries to use it commercially, then we'll have a problem.

@Parallax Panda It's my profile picture! I cropped it to cut out the watermark:

jkweath
    jkweath
    It was art used for Finding Light, so I'm not too concerned about it, just surprised that I'd ever run into an issue like this. Sad part is that if the person had listened to me and credited my artist, I would've told them their edit actually looks really cool.
    Parallax Panda
    Parallax Panda
    Ah, well, I guess it might not be worth spending your energy on in that case. As long as they don’t try to do anything crazy with it ofc.
    Got a lapse of inspiration, so I decided to re-make a scene I made as a 12-year old from RPG Maker 1 (PSX). Characters below:

jkweath
    jkweath
    Lastly, at the bottom we have WorkBot the Robot WHO SPOKE IN ALL CAPS. I have no idea what his story was, all that I remember is the party defeats the Evil Computer and then WorkBot joins the party to help them do... Things. He didn't have any abilities, but he did have a cool gun!
    jkweath
    jkweath
    Fun story snippet: After Josh saves Sera from some demons and frees WorkBot, they set off to find childhood friend Thomas, who was kidnapped and turned into a half-demon. They find him in a desert pyramid guarded by robot sentinels. At the top of the pyramid was a boss fight with 2 T-Rexs. I think Pyramid Dinosaurs was one of my better ideas.
    Sausage_Boi
    Sausage_Boi
    Oh man, I barely remember what I was working on on PS1 RPG Maker. I remember there was something about peach rings, and king and some shady dude who showed up to do shady things.
    Welp, my my month off of work finally ends starting late next week. Got a -lot- of work done on Knight Bewitched 2. At this rate, might be able to release it by early fall.
    Backup story: Had my 2-year old daughter on my lap. She deleted one of my maps; I saved the project before I noticed. Thankfully I -backed up my project- so nothing was lost!
    "My sleeping pattern is f***ed", said myself and almost every other person who's been off work for almost a month now.
    So is 29 the magical age when serious health issues suddenly start popping up, or is it just me?
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    Can happen at any age unfortunately. I knew an exercise-freak who always ate as healthy as possible who died from a sudden embolism from a blood clot in one of her legs. She was 19. I also have a 59 year old uncle who is well over 450 pounds and never had any medical issues more serious than the flu, life is a crap shoot, you never know what health problems you are going to develop, or when.
    Update on my experiment with uploading my Android games to the Amazon app store: made about $45 in 2 months, but 0 sales for the past 3 weeks. Not sure its worth the effort.
    joepmeloen
    joepmeloen
    Interresting
    FleshToDust
    FleshToDust
    Yeah... Only Google Play and iTunes seem worth the effort. Everything else is pretty small time. Probably only 5% the audience.
    jkweath
    jkweath
    @NinjaKittyProductions very little, but my primary income sources are Steam and Google Play. I wanted to try Amazon since it wasn't difficult to set up on. It's sort of like Itch in a sense that, yeah, you can make some money from it but there's effort involved that could be put toward more productive things.
    Once again have another case of an Android user losing all of their save files for all of my games after a single game update. Apparently even Yanfly's Save Core can't prevent it. Very frustrating.
    Me: Man, I'm definitely burned out this time. Time for a break. Me three hours later: I'm ready to work again, let's go! Me another hour later: Okay, I can't do this anymore. Repeat for infinity.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

just mechin' around this morning - MZ edit, feel free to use, must own MZ
I think it is absolutely adorable how Korone says "Eekum Bokum" and the fact she seems so amused by it. :LZSproud:

Justice is "Just ice" without a space
Hi, I was only a silent reader for years, finally I decided to create an account. Greetings all. :)
Hello guys im new here an i hope i can learn something. I am work actully on my own Plugin for a Tactical Grid Based Battle System.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Airachrome