Recent content by JoelMarler

1. JoelMarler

RMMV Leader of None (Sci-fi Political Sim)

gstv87: Yeah, I'm going to make it a series of choices: I'm just wondering how many different stats I should track and how complicated it needs to be though, and what kinds of stats are most worth tracking. alice_gristle: I'll try that game out! Good point about the androids, I'll think of a...
  2. JoelMarler

RMMV Leader of None (Sci-fi Political Sim)

I'm thinking of creating a political game where you've just been elected president of the solar system federation and have to remain in power over the course of your ten-year term. Any ideas for mechanics? Here's what I've got so far: - Player automatically loses if a majority of the solar...
  3. JoelMarler

RMMV Reclamation v1.5.1 (02/06/2019)

V.1.5.1 Change Log: - Players now drastically reduce their reputation once finishing the first mission, effectively starting the game as villains. - Most buildings are now blocked off if player reputation is low. - NPCs now move locations more often throughout the course of the game. - Created...
  4. JoelMarler

TypeError Issue

Ok, I'll try that. Thank you @Shaz and @Andar.
  5. JoelMarler

TypeError Issue

Alright, I've uploaded those images too. Just tried clearing the enemies and replacing them, but that didn't work unfortunately.
  6. JoelMarler

TypeError Issue

A TypeError (image four and five) is occurring about half the time I play a certain battle. The battle is troop 48 (image six), and begins when the top enemy is attacked, triggering troop 48's battle event (image six) and summoning troop 14 (image seven). Does anyone know why this is happening...
  7. JoelMarler

Player Agency

Sorry, what I meant was giving players the power to choose how to tackle a problem. Let's say there's a monster who's terrorising a village, for example. In most games you'd have to fight it, but the developer could also give the players the choice to poison it's food, or tame the monster, or...
  8. JoelMarler

Player Agency

Giving players the power to choose (I've edited the thread now.)
  9. JoelMarler

Player Agency

How would you add player choice to your game, particularly outside of dialogue? For example, let's say there's a monster who's terrorising a village. In most games you'd have to fight it, but the developer could also give the players the choice to poison it's food, or tame the monster, or join...
  10. JoelMarler

Thanks - let me know how it goes!
  11. JoelMarler

V.1.5 Change Log: - NOW ON PC! - Added an optional tutorial battle. - Added a second skill for all accessories. - Added armour system to the game. - Expanded reputation system. - Created upper floors to buildings. - Created new NPCs. - Finished school puzzle. - Added more chests to outside...
  12. JoelMarler

Making Reputation Locked Equipment

Thank you very much, that should work perfectly!
  13. JoelMarler

Making Reputation Locked Equipment

I want to make some equipment in my game useable only if you have a positive or negative reputation, which is tracked with a variable. Does anyone know how to do this? Preferably any equipped equipment would unequip itself as well if your party's reputation suddenly switched from being positive...
  14. JoelMarler

Item based Magic system

My game is based on this idea too. The way I've done it is to make each piece of equipment provide a 20TP/MP skill and a 0TP/MP skill, and I've also incorporated a Yanfly plugin that lets your actors change equipment once per battle for added flexibility. How are you thinking of executing the idea?
  15. JoelMarler

Looking for Players on Mac

Hey everyone, just asking if anyone wants to play my Reclamation (https://joel-marler.itch.io/reclamation). Not being much of a tech expert, I still haven't figured out how to get it to work on PC; however, I need the feedback! I've been making it for almost a year and I've only got reviews from...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Azihayya wrote on ATT_Turan's profile.
Magus avatar homey!
Getting back into the thick of work on Untold Story and it feels great to be back. I'm gonna take what I learned from the Game Jam and try and get some serious work done for the rest of 2021.
The "docs" are honestly soo frustrating. Eg. positionType : "Returns the current position type of the message window." Yes, great. could you please also tell me if 0 was bottom or top, so i don't have to start a playtest to see, because i keep forgetting it all the time, and what are the docs even for, if not that? (it's top btw...)

Here's the combat sprite of Azrael one of the main characters of our game,
with and without weapon.
Hope it's good.
https://discord.gg/Q2uS6Str
The one thing I've always struggled with is creating a story, it halts every single project I've ever worked on. We must be in the twilight zone because I've actually come up with a plot, from beginning to end (it kinda wrote itself). I may very well be on my way to creating my first proper little game, yay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Napster