jonthefox
Last Activity:
Jun 21, 2018 at 12:15 PM

Share This Page

jonthefox

Veteran, Male, from NYC

Veteran

anyone have a good video tutorial specifically on how to map a town? ace or mv Apr 7, 2018

jonthefox was last seen:
Jun 21, 2018 at 12:15 PM
    1. jonthefox
      jonthefox
      anyone have a good video tutorial specifically on how to map a town? ace or mv
      1. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        I don’t have a video, but what work should for me is one: Having an idea of what I want before hand. A vertical mountain town or a riverside village.

Two: If my mind is completely blank I map out the road/path and take things from there.
        Apr 7, 2018
        jonthefox likes this.
      2. mlogan
        mlogan
        Indrah had some mapping tutorials at one point I think, not sure if they're still around though, might search for them. My recommendation though is to look through the screenshots thread, find some maps you like and work on recreating them. Not to use in your game, but just to practice getting a feel for things like spacing, item placement, right amount of clutter, building construction, etc.
        Apr 7, 2018
        jonthefox likes this.
      3. IAmJakeSauvage
        IAmJakeSauvage
        @mlogan has it right! I always tell people to play Enelysion to get a feel for map composition as I think the maps are really great without the use of parallax. There are so many games with great mapping though - and the screenshot thread is great for feedback etc. (sometimes the feedback given to other people will flick a switch for you)
        Apr 7, 2018
        jonthefox likes this.
  • About