Recent content by JosephG

1. JosephG

OcRam - Time System plugin (for MV)

Thanks both of you, I look forward to trying both of these methods. The only issue with @41728280's method I see is that I would need to hide the clock until the next day, but it's not a small issue... might even be desirable to do that anyway. Depends on a use-case I guess!
  2. JosephG

Ok, so if I wanted to advance time by a variable amount, depending on the current time of day, I'd need to apply a custom script that runs those plugin commands. For example, to get to 9am from 3am, I'd need to calculate 9-3=6 into a variable, which then calls the plugin command to add 6 hours...
  3. JosephG

Question - is there a way to add a variable amount of time to the clock? E.g. "fast forward to X time on the next day?". This would be very useful! For example, after a cutscene "ends" I'd like the player to be forced to go to sleep, then wake up at say 9am, but I want to ensure the date is...
  4. JosephG

Custom MapName

UPDATE: Never-mind. I reported a bug but the plugin download link had a cached copy, so when I re-saved it, it was still the old version. Had to force clear my browser cache and that let me download the updated version.
  5. JosephG

Custom MapName

Have no clue why, but even in the demo project the "font" used isn't the one specified. Does the font used need to be installed on the operating system that the game's run on?
  6. JosephG

Conditional Choices in RPG Maker MZ?

I noticed an odd issue where, whereby the "hidden" choice when using <Show Switch: x> still takes up space in the choices pop-up box. I wonder if there's a way around that. UPDATE: Also, I verified multiple times that, even if my switch is ON, the choice does not become visible. I then tried...
  7. JosephG

Thanks. The issue here is that you then need to either have the same code copy/pasted into Choice A and Choice B under both "if" conditions (or use common events). Thank you! This is more useful to me, although I admit having <Show Variable:4> would be infinitely better since switches only...
  8. JosephG

So, any ideas on how one might compare one date/time against another date/time? For example, check that date/time A is less than date/time B? Normally, you'd compare timestamps but the only stored/provided values in this time system are individual values (day, month, minute etc)? I've tried...
  9. JosephG

Could anyone point me to a plugin, script or idea on how to get conditional choices working in RPG Maker MZ? I just need a simple way of saying: Choice A: Say Hi Choice B: Say Bye Choice C: Slap in face (Condition, variable = 12345) There seems to be plugins for RPG Maker MV but not for MZ :(...
  10. JosephG

Incredible! Thank you! I might suggest next release you assign a variable/switch automatically for whether or not time is currently reversed, although not a big deal as this can be done easily anyway :) Now to figure out how to get characters to move backwards when time is reversed (all except...
  11. JosephG

Hey, how would one have time move in reverse with your time system? I've tried using plugin command "Time interval" to set the interval to a negative number, but the minimum value allowed is 250.
  12. JosephG

Glad you can confirm, thought I was going crazy. Will keep settings as needed until things become more compatible. Thanks for the time system by the way - going to see if I can implement something like out of "Life is Strange". Fairly new to rpgmaker scripting but I might be able to come up with...
  13. JosephG

Ok so I checked to see if the plugin works when using the VisuStella sample project and it doesn't for me. I did the following steps: Go here and download VisuStella sample project: https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample Copy/paste the OCRam plugins into js/plugins Add plugins to project...
  14. JosephG

I'm using the current release, it says version 1.02 in the changelog.txt file. https://visustella.itch.io/visumz-sample
  15. JosephG

I changed the variable id's in the time system to different, blank ones, just to check but that didn't fix the issue. In fact my project doesn't seem to have any variables in-use yet, as the VisuStella sample game project doesn't appear to use any (it just renames some to "temporary variable 1...

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Where would you go if you're looking to hire someone on here? I'm in need of a writer to take my story concept and turn it into npcs/dialog in my game.
Evening humans! How goes the game make?
The anime characters we saw 20 years ago,
still have the same age when we see them now.
Somehow it's strange but also beautiful.
It's like no matter how much we change,
there's certain part of ourselves we can reconnect to when we see them again.
Took a long, long time, way longer than it should to be honest...but I've finally finished the big content update to my demo!
Lots of not good things happening IRL but I'm not gonna let this day end like this. Quote time:
"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." -Winston Churchill

So, keep going, lads. Whatever you do keep going. Until next time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cpaerct