- Last Activity:
- Jan 26, 2018
- Nov 12, 2017
- Likes Received:
- Trophy Points:
Share This Page
Back from niece's wedding & working on the Silver project again. Dec 12, 2017
- Joy Diamond was last seen:
- Jan 26, 2018
- First Language:
- Primarily Uses:
I'm Joy Diamond. I have been a programmer for 40+ years, and have a passion for teaching others to program.
- I believe programming games can teach useful skills to assist in getting a job (certainly it has helped me that way many times over the last 35 years).
I'd love to work cooperatively with the RPG Maker community to build a game in RPG Maker MV (and probably also in Visual Novel Maker).
I'd really appreciate help from the community in putting together a proposal for my first game.Thanks,
- Here is a link to a very rough draft description of the Crystal Project which uses the MIT license.
- Once we have improved this to a project proposal I'll post it to the Games in Development forum.
- Crystal: Cooperative Resource Yielding Simple Tutorials and Lessons
- An RPG Maker MV Tool that guides you to create your first NPC, have it respond when touched by the player's avatar & walk around. This RPG Maker MV tool is actually a game created in RPG Maker MV.
- When you "save" or "playtest" your work, Crystal will read the JSON files you modified & then guide you (i.e.: it will walk you through the quest of creating the NPC).
- The demo game you will be modifying will actually be Crystal also (So you can examine the NPC's you are talking to in the tutorial that are guiding you, & see their source code)
- You will be able to upload your changes to a server (uploading consists of only the JSON files)
- You will be able to download someone's else's NPC into your version of Crystal & interact with it
- This is to encourage the person who is new to RPG Maker MV to share their first work, & will give them an easy way to share it.