Recent content by Joy Diamond

1. Joy Diamond

Multithreading with Web Workers

If you want to write multi-threaded programs for yourself, then sure, go ahead & have tons of fun. It is very educational. I didn't write my sentence carefully enough, sorry. By "useful" I meant useful to other people when you release your code to them. In other words, create...
  2. Joy Diamond

Multithreading with Web Workers

Web workers are not implemented until nw.js 0.18.4 RPG Maker MV 1.5.1 uses nw.js 0.12 RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 beta uses nw.js 0.25 So you would have to wait until RPG Maker MV 1.6.0 to even consider web workers. The much much bigger issue is the following reality: Only about 5% of good...
  3. Joy Diamond

Alpha ABS 1.2. (Pre Release)

Great idea. +1 I doubt it is either frivolous or easy. I think is super hard problem :wink: If done properly, would be a great addition to RPG Maker MV.
  4. Joy Diamond

Plugsy - plugin development framework

Thanks for using github & the MIT License. I'll be looking at this, as I am doing a very similar project, also MIT licensed. My main current focus is on: Turn the insanity of JavaScript into a modern programming language & environment. Basically restrict the developer from shooting himself...
  5. Joy Diamond

Hiding helpWindow property of choiceWindow on Window_Message

That was really helpful advice, @Seajiha -- I had not read it fully the first time -- sorry :oops: @Occupant, F8= Developer Tools. The console is one of the tabs of the developer tools -- probably the most useful tab: However, the other tabs are really useful also. Once you are used to the...
  6. Joy Diamond

Hiding helpWindow property of choiceWindow on Window_Message

@Occupant, First: Welcome to the Forums :cool: Second, Do you know how to use Developer Tools? Joy Diamond.
  7. Joy Diamond

MUSH Plugins: Option System Plus

MushroomCake28, Thanks for this plugin @MushroomCake28: I liked the video you put together; And the code looks quite readable. Special thanks for a really good license :cool: This allows others, like me, to use your code & integrate into another plugin -- thus giving a longer lifespan for...
  8. Joy Diamond

WiggleLib - Variable Encounters & Random Encounter Formula

Greetings, Yes, short term this is way easier. However, long term, this can lead to many problems, including lots of wasted time, ... I strongly suggest against editing the original rpg_*.js files; but instead ... Learning how to modify them from another *.js file. There are many example...
  9. Joy Diamond

Gage Images

Sharm, I'm confused also with your starting image. Also what is a gauge? Also: I'm still confused. So this is basically the edges around the boxes above? And you want this or something larger? Basically I would summarize: What you want is certainly doable But I can't understand...
  10. Joy Diamond

Back from niece's wedding & working on the Silver project again.

Back from niece's wedding & working on the Silver project again.
  11. Joy Diamond

Very very nice music! :cool: I also just listened to a few other music packs you wrote ...

Very very nice music! :cool: I also just listened to a few other music packs you wrote ... really nice. This great artistic community is why I picked RPG Maker MV & believe it is the right choice
  12. Joy Diamond

Official Gacha Plugin Edit

You are quite welcome & best wishes uses the Gacha plugin. Also thanks for pointing to some good code to look at in the future :cool:
  13. Joy Diamond

Gone for 4 days to my niece's wedding :cool:

Gone for 4 days to my niece's wedding :cool:
  14. Joy Diamond

Silver: Show Important Local Variables, Extensible Research

Thanks for the clarification, much appreciated :smile: I will avoid including any of Gacha in the Silver project.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.
The only thing getting me through today so far is coffee. And lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laplace