Joy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• new-temp-joy6.gif

So, ended up not being in love with the painterly templates, very time consuming to edit and clean up to prevent artifacts. So! Making a new, pixel based template.

I did end up making it a bit shorter as well to feel correct in scale to two tile high doors and passages.

Note: This is not free for use in any project at this time
    HneEmqJ.jpg

Noodling around with a new character template. I've always kinda not liked hard edged pixel templates with the FSM tiles, which are more painterly. I also want taller, thinner sprites to match the scale of doors and objects in the tileset.
    As I get back into mapping for OotM, would anyone be interested if I Twitch streamed my process?

9eR6IR1.gif
    Wavelength
    Wavelength
    Yeah, I think that could be pretty interesting, especially if you're expedient enough that you could create everything for a single map (or even a single screen) within a few hours of viewing time.
    BCj
    BCj
    How did you create that stream flowing next to the rocks? it looks really nice
    Joy
    Joy
    Doing parallax, I painting in the basic water forms around the tile images, then erased portions of the highlights and where the water streams would flow, leaving those areas transparent. Then, I made a simple repeating patter of ripples in the base water color and the highlight colors, which I have moving as a parallax below the map picture layer.
    Reactions: BCj
    Making progress on the battle system for OOTM, very excited to have the battle processing phase be less dull and text-y.

Thinking this will be the layout:
    nEEPQtm.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Me and my friend got into one of our usual discussions after I reccomended him a game, and I remember the last time we had a discussion like that, he disabled his FA account. This time, I found myself constantly checking my friends account hoping it wouldn't happen again. ...But it didn't.

The thing is... I just can't lie about my feelings, sometimes. :(
COMBAT:

Finally showing combat in my game. The lighting system I'm currently using doesn't transfer over into combat, but I am hoping to find a new one soon... or an update for the one I'm using. The plan is to make combat less bright, though. You'll want to click the video link below and visit YT for audio.
Huge thanks to D757 Gaming for his stream, impressions and review of my game, please check him out!
Thank you to everyone who participated in the 3rd quarter annual Drifty jam! I'm always so impressed with the games people make! This time our winner dominated both categories!
jamWinners2.png
That feeling when you have an out-of-bounds error and an ai enemy exploits it to kill you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoctorDeathtrap