Recent content by Joy

1. Joy

The Resource WIP Thread 3

Did some work to the legs a bit today, making them move a bit less woodenly. Still wanna adjust the shading on the shin as it bends, but I feel like the motion may be a bit better?
  2. Joy

The Resource WIP Thread 3

Template in progress. Wanted something to work better with the MZ/MV FSM tiles, so wanted a 1.5-2 tile height sprite. Inspired by the old half-kaizer, but with more details and (hopefully) better three frame animations. Thoughts on this walk cycle and the general proportions?
  3. Joy

[ATTACH] So, ended up not being in love with the painterly templates, very time consuming to...

So, ended up not being in love with the painterly templates, very time consuming to edit and clean up to prevent artifacts. So! Making a new, pixel based template. I did end up making it a bit shorter as well to feel correct in scale to two tile high doors and passages. Note: This is not...
  4. Joy

[IMG] Noodling around with a new character template. I've always kinda not liked hard edged...

Noodling around with a new character template. I've always kinda not liked hard edged pixel templates with the FSM tiles, which are more painterly. I also want taller, thinner sprites to match the scale of doors and objects in the tileset.
  5. Joy

Futuristic Tiles - Spaceship Interior

As I was digging into my files to recompile an old game from a rapid development contest from waaaaay back, found this old spaceship tileset I cobbled together and did what I think are some neat edits. Most of the walls include transparent sections to make use of parallax layers below the map to...
  6. Joy

New mockup for the Battle Processing Scene facebars and gauges. [IMG]

New mockup for the Battle Processing Scene facebars and gauges.
  7. Joy

The Order of the Marten

Also, Thanks a ton for putting up the Slip into Ruby series @Trihan, I definitely referenced that while figuring out how to script to get this project rolling again.
  8. Joy

The Order of the Marten

Funny you mention that...that is one of the changes already made! It really was pretty eye-crossing. I'll be replacing all of the screenshot images to reflect that change and others:
  9. Joy

Doing parallax, I painting in the basic water forms around the tile images, then erased portions...

Doing parallax, I painting in the basic water forms around the tile images, then erased portions of the highlights and where the water streams would flow, leaving those areas transparent. Then, I made a simple repeating patter of ripples in the base water color and the highlight colors, which I...
  10. Joy

The Order of the Marten

Thank you! The demo is back in production, looking to be a late fall release for the full demo, really hoping to have a quick gameplay demo done sooner, really pushing for August for that. I've made quite a few changes, so I'll be updating the main post to reflect those changes very soon!
  11. Joy

Game & Map Screenshots 11

Using an older map to test some animation for water edges and falling water in parallax, still tweaking the back parallax and transparency of the water's edge, but how is this looking?
  12. Joy

As I get back into mapping for OotM, would anyone be interested if I Twitch streamed my process...

As I get back into mapping for OotM, would anyone be interested if I Twitch streamed my process?
  13. Joy

Hmmm, you may be onto something. I'll make another mockup to see how that looks

Hmmm, you may be onto something. I'll make another mockup to see how that looks
  14. Joy

Making progress on the battle system for OOTM, very excited to have the battle processing phase...

Making progress on the battle system for OOTM, very excited to have the battle processing phase be less dull and text-y. Thinking this will be the layout:
  15. Joy

December 2020 Goals and Progress Thread

Managed to make progress on scripting my facebar for the battle processing scene~ The more I achieve, the more I add to it. Got the faces and status effects showing now, thinking now to add small hp and sp bars as well. the plan:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I picked up FF III pixel remaster for the mobile discount sale. I guess that's on my plate after I finish Lunar Silver Star Story. That said, I am strongly considering an entry for the IGMC 2022 since an idea came to me for this year's theme.
Map033.png Road to the ruins of the temple of light you'll be exploring after leaving Teytal. Can I get some Yays?
I just bought VN Maker with 75% off, just for the assets.
IGMC is back everyone!
Fun challenge: Guess the name of this enemy!
Watchman.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silverpg