JtheDuelist

Awarded Medals 6

Birthday:
December 13
Home Page:
Is it a fancy word for "hobby"?

Share This Page

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished, Male, from RMW Forums, Granvia, or Askr

Veteran

At a dilemma- either I cancel my current project or I attempt to try to find someone who can do 50-something busts for me for free because- Aug 22, 2019

1. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Well, I officially have SCP-173, 1471, 049, and 079 sprited in MV-ish style, but now I have to draw their face and bust images... Oh joy...
      1. starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
      2. View previous comments...
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        And before any one asks what these SCPs are:
        SCP-173: A sculpture that can only move and kill you if you break eye contact with it.
        SCP-1471 (technically 1471-a): A being that is a hallucination from a haunted photo app that kills you from sleep deprivation. Looks like a furry humanoid with a face that looks like a canine skull. (cont.)
        Jun 29, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        SCP-049: The plague doctor- not much else to be said.
        SCP-079: The old sentient AI that has the memory capability of a gold fish.
        Jun 29, 2018
        starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
      5. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Welp, add SCP-060-alpha to the list. This one was actually easy to make by combining @AlephNull's and @chalkdust's skeleton sprites with the RTP fire sprites.
        Jun 29, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    2. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      *clears throat, then takes a deep breath* YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!! TAKE MY WALLET NOW, FUNKO POP!!!! https://bit.ly/2MvY5jw
      1. slimmmeiske2 and The Stranger like this.
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @slimmmeiske2 I already have four Funkos on my wishlist (All Might, The Monster Hunter, Rathalos, and Zinogre).
        Jun 30, 2018
      4. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Most likely. They occupy a good portion of the stores. Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Target, Gamestop, the now-defunct Toys'R Us, your Mom and Pop Shop, your Dad's Underground Chop Shop, Your Grandmother's Herbal Plant Store. And to me, they're all a waste of space for more interesting product. But they sell, which is why they're there.
        Jun 30, 2018
      5. slimmmeiske2
        slimmmeiske2
        @JtheDuelist Only 4? ^^; I have 70 funko items on my wishlist (including POPs, mystery mini's, vynl, rock candy and 5 star).
        Jun 30, 2018
    3. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Welp, it is official- have to pack my bags on Saturday night to head out to good ol' Washington DC to pick up my gaming computer from my...
      1. SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        uncle from New York. I just hope I don't overpack, like every other out of state trip I have had. I will probably just bring my tablet, my laptop, my Wacom, and my 3DS. And my mom's old camcorder, because this may be the only time in my life that I get to hit the Smithsonian and the White House.
        Jun 28, 2018
        SpaceBot and Marsigne like this.
      3. SpaceBot
        SpaceBot
        The Smithsonian museums are really neat!
        Jun 28, 2018
    4. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      I think this turned out well for a first time spriting attempt.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Yes. Now if only I could figure out how to event/plugin that aspect in MV.
        Jun 27, 2018
        Marsigne and The Stranger like this.
      3. The Stranger
        The Stranger
        Have you tried using a line of sight plug-in alongside conditional branches to determine which direction the player is facing? You could have an event checking whether the monster can see the player, and if the player is facing towards the monster.
        Jun 27, 2018
        JtheDuelist and Marsigne like this.
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        For the SCP project, I'm just trying to get the visual resources made first, but I'll keep that in mind.
        Jun 27, 2018
        The Stranger and Marsigne like this.
    5. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Been moving furniture for the last 5 hrs. Back & feet are killing me, but at least my gaming computer will fit when I pick it up next week.
      1. The Stranger and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I also "MacGyver"ed a desk out of my old closet door and my dresser.
        Jun 25, 2018
    6. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      So true about the FE community to the point of being funny
      1. Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
      2. Seacliff
        Seacliff
        More like, New Fan: I like the new games. Old Fan: You casual scrub. Meanwhile Old Fan: I don't care for the new games. New Fan: You elitist jerk.
        Jun 23, 2018
        Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @Seacliff Somehow I manage to find that perfect middle ground- I like all entries (well, except for Echoes- dungeon crawling takes away from the FE experience).
        Jun 23, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    7. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      :o All the RPG Makers, God Eater 2, and Azure Striker Gunvolt are on sale on Steam Summer Sale?! May have to ask Dad for a small loan...
      1. starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
    8. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Some random 500k person asked me to join their guild on Unison League all stalker-y like. I'm happy with my current one, thank you kindly...
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        500k? is he a high-rank?
        Jun 22, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Gear score is total of all of your stats and is how strong your character is. This guy's was 500k, which is very dang high (The highest I've seen in game was 665k). My own gear score in my best class is about 415k. Their guild was in the same competitive rank as mine at A tier (tiers go from C at the lowest to S).
        Jun 22, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      4. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Hey, at least it's a sign that you're getting stronger. :p
        Jun 22, 2018
    9. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Working on a SCP-themed tileset by editing the default MV RTP sci-fi set. Don't know if I'll release the tileset though...
      1. Rhino and Marsigne like this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Sounds cool! :)
        Jun 20, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Released what I have done of it so far on my MV Resources post.
        Jun 20, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    10. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Is it a sign that your headphones are starting to go out when sound occasionally sounds like it is underwater?
      1. evmaster likes this.
      2. evmaster
        evmaster
        This happened to my speakers so I believe the answer is yes. Does the audio sound like it fades in and out and is in the background?
        Jun 19, 2018
        Marsigne and starlight dream like this.
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        No, it sounds like as if a few audio channels are missing (like a song with electric guitar, drums, and bass sounds like the electric guitar is gone).
        Jun 19, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    11. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Yes! Heading to meet my uncle from New York in Maryland to pick up my gaming computer on the 4th of July week! :kaojoy:
      1. OmnislashXX
        OmnislashXX
        Congrats. You'll be in the neighborhood.
        Jun 17, 2018
        JtheDuelist likes this.
      2. Dalph
        Dalph
        Welcome to the PC Master Race. What are the specs?
        Jun 17, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @Dalph No clue (all I told my uncle was "same as my brother's") but since it is the same model as my brother's (he made his as as well) and his runs PUBG on highest settings without issues, I should be fine for a good while. It cost me ~$550 for the tower and keyboard. Hopefully I can use my old 40" flat screen as a monitor, but if not, my aunt has connections when it comes to good monitor prices.
        Jun 17, 2018
    12. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Why can I not stop listening to this?!
      . My irl friend has trapped me with fluffin' Jojo music!!!
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Exactly- like Code Lyoko needed to be PG, not Y7: people nearly die in every episode!
        Jun 14, 2018
      3. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Indeed. Ironically enough, Code Lyoko was one of my favorite things to catch after school. The worse stuff didn't even cross my mind, seem to have missed completely! :kaoblush:
        Jun 14, 2018
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Pokemon and Code Lyoko were my childhood. I didn't start looking back at how dark CL was until I saw a video of "What Happened to Code Lyoko?". I mean XANA wanted to ram a school bus full of teenagers into a nuclear power plant to cause the Apocalypse in one episode, for goodness sakes!
        Jun 14, 2018
    13. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Plague Inc. (Android version) has become the very first game in my 20+ gaming years to lose on the first level on the lowest difficulty...
      1. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Darn you, Greenland, darn you indeed. Unable to reach Greenland was why I lost.
        Jun 12, 2018
        Llareian and Marsigne like this.
      2. Darkanine
        Darkanine
        Plague Inc. is pretty rough. So annoying how it only becomes apparent that you can't win a game until near the end.
        I think I once got down to like, 3% humanity and they somehow had a comeback and "beat me". The aftermath of that game would've made a cool movie, lol.
        Jun 12, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
      3. Llareian
        Llareian
        Greenland is the worst. And occasionally Madagascar.
        Jun 12, 2018
        Darkanine likes this.
    14. Nightblade50
      Nightblade50
      What happened to your developer avatar? ;)
      1. starlight dream and JtheDuelist like this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I still have it up elsewhere. Still need to fix it back from my previous one on Google.
        Jun 12, 2018
        starlight dream and Nightblade50 like this.
    15. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Lol- I backed up 5 projects today on my SD card for backups and the back up copies only took up 1 of the card's 59.4 GB of memory.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Well it's a nice costume for sure. And your art is becoming recognizable which is cool^^
        Jun 12, 2018
        JtheDuelist likes this.
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Pulled inspiration from one of @Rhino's and @hiddenone's generator parts, Lucina from FE Awakening, Clone Wars Obi-Wan, and one of Yoshiya's (aka Joshua's) poses from The World Ends With You (a game I usually pull large art style inspiration from).
        Jun 12, 2018
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Which reminds me of a funny story- I went as Clone Wars Obi-Wan for Halloween one year to help my grandma pass out candy on her street. One kid dressed as Captain Rex looked at me after I gave him the candy and proceeded to shoot me with his Star Wars Nerf gun. I only replied "What clone shoots his general?" We both then began laughing.
        Jun 12, 2018
        starlight dream and Marsigne like this.
    16. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      1. Marsigne likes this.
      2. Marsigne
        Marsigne
        Well dang, got Tomura Shigaraki xD
        Jun 8, 2018
    17. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Loving how this attempt at bust art for another one of my projects is turning out!
      1. Rhino, Mooshry, SpaceBot and 5 others like this.
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I really like it. You've improved a lot over the past weeks it seems. Keep going!!! :)
        Jun 8, 2018
      4. SmashArtist
        SmashArtist
        I think the shading could still improve a bit, and maybe add some lighting, but seriously this is already a BIG improvement! I'm surprised how fast you're getting better! :D
        Jun 8, 2018
      5. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I've been studying the art style of The World Ends With You the last few weeks, since that is the style mine seems to be closest to (plus TWEWY is the game responsible for helping me leave my troublemaker days when I was younger and mellow out into who I am today), albeit my style doesn't have as skinny of characters as TWEWY does.
        Jun 8, 2018
    18. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Found a copy of the Beyblades Quetziko Q2 and Gaurda G3 in a store today. Thankfully I had a gift card to cover buying them.
      1. Juztsacki and Sauteed_Onion like this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I was genuinely surprised to see G3 there of all of them, considering my local store is usually 3 release waves behind all other stores.
        Jun 3, 2018
        Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      3. Juztsacki
        Juztsacki
        Keyblades are awesome! :D
        Jun 7, 2018
    19. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      It is funny how 2 weird videos gave me inspiration for potential enemies in a Downfall FES sequel. (Continued)
      1. Sauteed_Onion likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Although if I told you the subject of the videos and you looked them up, some of it would probably give you consecutive nightmares for a few months, so that is all I'll say (of course, I'd make these family friendly like my series is supposed to be).
        Jun 2, 2018
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        You can get game ideas in strange places. I actually got the idea for what will probably be my next game while watching a music video on youtube.
        Jun 2, 2018
        JtheDuelist likes this.
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        I know right? The original Downfall FES came from weird thought I had in the shower of "What if Fallout/BioShock was a family friendly JRPG instead?".
        Jun 2, 2018
    20. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      I really want to make music for my project using Rhytmik Ultimate, but my project has a huge OST as it is. Maybe if I did it for a sequel?
  • About

Birthday:
    December 13
    Home Page:
    https://jtheduelistgaming.blogspot.com/
    Is it a fancy word for "hobby"?
    About Me:
    Creator of Downfall FES on RPG Maker Fes
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    RPGs, Uni League, MonHun, FE, God Eater, YuGiOh, MtG
    Just a gaming hobbyist and wannabe indie dev.
    I am the creator of the somewhat popular RPG Maker Fes game, Downfall FES.

Favorite Beyblade: Tie between Xeno Xcalibur and Kinetic Satomb
    Favorite mobile game: Unison League
    Favorite Fire Emblem weapon: Skadi
    Favorite YuGiOh card: Tie between Ancient Fairy Dragon and Lunalight Leo Dancer
    Favorite MtG card: Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver

Signature

Check out my completed games on itch.io!
    Downfall FES Re:Boot

Current WIP Projects:
    Downfall FES Legends (changed to a different engine- link is to the now-dead post)
    Downfall FES 2 (working title - no link as it isn't a RM game)

My MV Resources