JtheDuelist

Awarded Medals 6

Birthday:
December 13
Home Page:
Is it a fancy word for "hobby"?

Share This Page

JtheDuelist

Just a dev who actually got a game finished, Male, from RMW Forums, Granvia, or Askr

Veteran

Decided to play Chex Quest 3 since I was bored and had nothing better to do with my time. I surprisingly enjoyed it. Jul 15, 2019 at 1:00 PM

1. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Well, don't know what that "site upgrade" stuff was for, but at least we are back now.
      1. starlight dream likes this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        It was to force me to walk away from this place :( and to go lie down :)
        May 30, 2018
        Marsigne likes this.
    2. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      So, the next Legendary hero on FE Heroes will be a flying Ryoma- RIP my very few orbs.
      1. BloodletterQ
        BloodletterQ
        It does have Hardin at the very least. But the newest one also had Zelgius even though Ayra is my MVP
        May 29, 2018
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Personally going for Ryoma or Gunthraa.
        May 29, 2018
    3. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      I have somehow brought a MP3 that everyone in my family thought was dead back to life, as well as my old GBA SP and various classic DS's.
      1. View previous comments...
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        No, I mean the "it won't power on" kind of dead.
        May 29, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Yup you just upgraded your class! ^^
        May 29, 2018
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Now I want a technomancer class in a RPG.
        May 29, 2018
        starlight dream likes this.
    4. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      *gets up to feed cat* *mp3 butt-changes the song to Magia from Madoka Magica* Did I just enter a Witch's labyrinth? Where's my magic weapon?
      1. Philosophus Vagus likes this.
    5. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Might try to make my own generator part for MV today.
      1. hiddenone
        hiddenone
        Good luck, it's tough to get the hang of how they work.
        May 27, 2018
        starlight dream and JtheDuelist like this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Thanks. I'm making it because if I were to request it, people may not even know what I meant, even with a reference. I've been studying/looking at how others have done them (yours especially, @hiddenone ). The hardest part will be coloring the base colors in my opinion- drawing the base and doing the c mask seems easy enough.
        May 27, 2018
    6. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      OK, that is IT! I give up on trying to make a class change system that actually works for now! Why do the RMMV gods hate me so? :kaodes:
      2. View previous comments...
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @Frogboy Like Fire Emblem's where a character uses an item to "promote" them to a stronger class that is in that classes tier- (ie: a Mercenary becomes either a Hero or Bow Knight), but only when they reach level 10 or higher. I've tried Yanfly's Class Change Core, but when using the menu as a item, it seems to only want to change actor 1's class, not the actor you selected [cont]
        May 26, 2018
        Frogboy likes this.
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        and the JS way I've tried works, but only allows you to change the class of everyone from bottom of the list up (and if you skip someone, they were dead out of luck).
        May 26, 2018
        Frogboy likes this.
      5. Frogboy
        Frogboy
        I'll keep this in mind. I had Ogre Battle in mind which doesn't sound all that different from what you described.
        May 26, 2018
        JtheDuelist likes this.
    7. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Learning JavaScript now. Still looks confusing, but at least I can make a simple random number generator code now!
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @Poryg I jusdt mean it looks confusing from a visual perspective as a non-coder (dad thinks JS code looks like nonsensical gibberish). I'm starting to understand it pretty easily.
        May 25, 2018
      3. Poryg
        Poryg
        JS code looks like nonsensical gibberish according to him... Has he ever seen assembler code or machine code? :D Cobol and algol are also quite awful.
        May 25, 2018
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Nope, because he is a floral designer.
        May 25, 2018
    8. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Might as well start learning JS so I can stop annoying everyone for help. To YouTub- wait a minute!
      1. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Did I seriously just find a 6.5 hour video tutorial on it?!
        May 24, 2018
      2. Kes
        Kes
        You might be better off with a more interactive way of learning it e.g. Code Academy. You can take your time, you don't have to keep stopping it and rewinding because you didn't understand something - and you can see clearly the difference between e.g. { and ( . That's hard to discern on a video.
        May 24, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        @Kes Can't do the Pro plan, but I'll give the free version a try.
        May 25, 2018
    9. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Got me one of those wooden artist mannequins at an crafts shop today. Maybe that'll help me with my weird posing and anatomy issues.
      1. HexMozart88
        HexMozart88
        I have one of those, but I actually never used it that much, LOL. 'Cause whenever I would reference a mannequin, I ended up drawing it exactly how it was rather than just the pose.
        May 20, 2018
        starlight dream and fimamati like this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        I like those. After a few sketches based on them you get the sense of: circles for the shoulders, then 2 cylinders for the arms, etc. And once you memorize the mannequin's parts, you can sketch different poses without looking at it, by using those geometric forms in the right place.
        May 20, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        @HexMozart88 LOL I think you're supposed to draw the mannequin, but you must then dress it up, give it a wig, fingers.. ;p
        May 20, 2018
    10. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      If I ever went to Japan, this place would be my very first stop, even if I have to "hunt" it down *wink wink*: https://bit.ly/2rQBINB
      1. fimamati and starlight dream like this.
      2. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Nice place. ^_^b
        May 19, 2018
        fimamati likes this.
      3. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        I'd never go to a tourist bar. I mean the McDonald's in tourest traps are rediculous, I bet getting the cheapest in a place like that would probably blow a good chunk put of all but the richest of walking around funds.

No, I'd rather go to a dive bar, better food, real culture and at a price that I can afford to eat again the next day.
        May 19, 2018
      4. Philosophus Vagus
        Philosophus Vagus
        Also in Japanese dive bars and the like it's generally considered impolite to talk other than ordering your food. I really wish American restaraunts would appropriate that ettiquitte. Maybe I'd actually eat out every once in a while :).
        May 19, 2018
    11. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Finished my "dev avatar". I think it turned out well. :)
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        :guffaw: The amount of hair gel needed though...
        May 18, 2018
      3. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Making games requires super powers for sure!
        It's a fun avatar. He looks a bit like a magician dev. :)
        May 18, 2018
      4. starlight dream
        starlight dream
        Wow I just saw the full image on your status page. Cool outfit! It looks better than the small avatar version ^^ Well done.
        May 18, 2018
    12. Mystic_Enigma
      Mystic_Enigma
      Hey there! And thanks for Following! How do you do?
      2. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        Sounds good, it's more than what i've been up to lately!:kaoswt2: I'm guessing the latter is related to Fire Emblem games, yes?
        May 18, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Yep, like Pokemon Essentials but for Fire Emblem-style games.
        May 18, 2018
      4. Mystic_Enigma
        Mystic_Enigma
        That sounds sweet! So you can actually make your own Strategy RPG with it? Cool!
        May 18, 2018
    13. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Working on my "developer avatar"- the one I'll use here and everywhere else I post about my game development. It should be done by tomorrow.
      1. SmashArtist
        SmashArtist
        Oooh! Sounds fun! :3

Can't wait to see it! >v<
        May 17, 2018
    14. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      You have YuGiOh, then I found out about Season 0... Boy, Season 0 gets dark very quickly...
      1. The Mighty Palm likes this.
      2. Poryg
        Poryg
        Season 0 is not really about yugioh :)
        May 16, 2018
    15. KayZaman
      KayZaman
      What kind of creature is your avatar?
      1. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        May 15, 2018
    16. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      *drawing monster cards intensifies*
      1. FleshToDust likes this.
      2. FleshToDust
        FleshToDust
        When you get beat up by picture cards.
        May 14, 2018
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        "Without hyper-realistic holograms for the extended enjoyment of a children's card game? Are you out of your mind?!"

Got to love YGOTAS.
        May 14, 2018
        starlight dream and FleshToDust like this.
    17. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Decided to start a third project since my other two are nearing completion. :mrsatan:
      3. bgillisp
        bgillisp
        You could probably emulate the stats boost from relationship with a state that is added at certain points, and the state cannot be removed under any conditions. Just check to see if you need to add it at all relationship increases, and add it if you need to.
        May 13, 2018
      4. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Didn't think of that, @bgillisp. Boy, States are seeing quadruple duty with this (states are seeing use in terrain effects, skills, weapon bonuses, and now relationship bonuses, it seems)!
        May 13, 2018
      5. cabfe
        cabfe
        Nearly done is not done. And don't forget that the last 10% of development time equals the first 90% :)
        May 13, 2018
    18. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      TMW you realize that, after 3-4+hours of drawing, the bust art you are drawing is starting to look fanservice-y by accident...
      1. SpaceBot and starlight dream like this.
      3. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        Well, the character is a part of a "cosplay hereos" line for a future game update for my WIP FE Heroes-esque project (this line would have the series cast wearing costumes themed off of various anime/game characters). Considering all of my cast are well-dressed, it may be a breath of fresh air for players in the future.
        May 11, 2018
        NeoFantasy likes this.
      4. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        Yeah, so long as every female character isn’t dressed that way I’s say I tsoesnt come across as pandering.
        May 11, 2018
      5. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        The technical worst in the WIP v1.00 is probably Michele, and even then, it is nowhere remotely near that kind of point.
        May 11, 2018
    19. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      CAPCOM, YOU SNEAKY LITTLE DASTARDS! "we won't be localizing MHXX" my left foot!
    20. JtheDuelist
      JtheDuelist
      Replacement charger for ma's old camcorder came in, & the box shows signs of poor translation. Beats out "Welcome to die." in comedy!
      1. NeoFantasy likes this.
      2. JtheDuelist
        JtheDuelist
        XD The box literally says "Note: When charging is red light, when full chargered it is green light." I can't make this stuff up if I tried! XD
        May 10, 2018
        NeoFantasy likes this.
      3. NeoFantasy
        NeoFantasy
        "All your base are belong to us!"
        May 10, 2018
  • About

Birthday:
    December 13
    Home Page:
    https://jtheduelistgaming.blogspot.com/
    Is it a fancy word for "hobby"?
    About Me:
    Creator of Downfall FES on RPG Maker Fes
    First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Interests:
    RPGs, Uni League, MonHun, FE, God Eater, YuGiOh, MtG
    Just a gaming hobbyist and wannabe indie dev.
    I am the creator of the somewhat popular RPG Maker Fes game, Downfall FES.

Favorite Beyblade: Tie between Xeno Xcalibur and Kinetic Satomb
    Favorite mobile game: Unison League
    Favorite Fire Emblem weapon: Skadi
    Favorite YuGiOh card: Tie between Ancient Fairy Dragon and Lunalight Leo Dancer
    Favorite MtG card: Nicol Bolas, the Deceiver

Signature

Check out my completed games on itch.io!
    Downfall FES Re:Boot

Current WIP Projects:
    Downfall FES Legends (changed to a different engine- link is to the now-dead post)
    Downfall FES 2 (working title - no link as it isn't a RM game)

My MV Resources