Juanita Star
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Can you use a brush for the sunshine effect in Photoshop? Is that a viable option?
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Oh~ You're welcome now your soul belong the kiwi race
    Kes
    Kes
    Please do not use Status Updates to ask Support questions, that is not their purpose.
    Juanita Star
    Juanita Star
    @Kes In all honesty, it was more of me talking outloud. I was supposed to follow with something that conveyed that, but got lazy. Sorry, I be more careful!
    Okay, so making different houses is nice and well but ultimately a waste of time. This is why costly games use the same model for all the houses in a game, I guess.
    dragon1up
    dragon1up
    Yes and no it's easy to do but at the same time, how many houses will have interiors that you can actually go in. Most big games don't let you unless it's related to a story or quest which narrows it down by a lot.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    You mean interiors or outsides? Because even IRL houses (exterior) are pretty much the same everywhere, not that threre are thousands of different models in one place (or at least, its very rare)
    dragon1up
    dragon1up
    Nah interiors ahah sorry for not saying exactly that, but yeah it's enterliy up to you. Personally I haven't yet made heaps of houses just yet but I only have some things that are explorable and not every house.
    My goal for this next months is to get better at mapping. I want to focus all my effort to make maps lie the pros here. They are an inspiration.
    MrKiwi
    MrKiwi
    Wish you the best of lucks :D
    Juanita Star
    Juanita Star
    dragon1up
    dragon1up
    Don't get me started ahah I spent a few months bit by bit remapping old maps I made like 2 or so years ago and haven't finished. Like it's not heaps and heaps of maps just want to polish things up with new tiles...
    Wait, are tilesets normal drawings or pixeled art?
    Me: Finally! Vacation days! Now I can work on my game for two weeks! Computer: I will explote and not get repaired for the next two weeks.
    The worst? Finding a script that would totally solve your problem, but in the wrong engine for you.
    Where do I go if I have a simple question to make but doesnt really deserve a threat?
    HexMozart88
    HexMozart88
    Depends what it's about. If it's about scripts, there should be a thread titled "[coding language] questions that don't deserve their own thread" If it's about events, I'm not really sure.
    Shaz
    Shaz
    every question deserves a thread. Go on, post it - you know you want to!
    Working on a team is great because doing everything is exhausting, but... man, I have the long waiting period xD
    I wonder if I can ask for resources I saw on another persons map...
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Comments like "Oh, I've never seen that tileset before, where'd you get it?" have gone over well before. I don't think it's a problem unless they don't want to/can't share and you get pushy. And if you phrase it right it comes off as a complement, not buttering them up to get them to give you stuff.
    Juanita Star
    Juanita Star
    @Sharm That last bit is exactly how I dont want to sound. Already asked, gotta wait to see if they want to say. I know a lot of people dont like sharing information about resources even if they are free, but trying never hurt.
    Sharm
    Sharm
    Yep! I get excited about art, so if someone asks me about where my resources are from, I'm pretty happy. You never know until you ask, really.
    I have seen games with wonderfull maps, glorious ost but not-so good writting... and I understand.
    Fireworker
    Fireworker
    Not everyone's an artist. Not everyone's a writer. Not everyone's a musician. I guess we can't be amazing at every aspect xD
    Juanita Star
    Juanita Star
    @Fireworker exactly! Like, right now, im struggling trying to do a decent map of a city. Stories? Can make those with no problem yet...cant figure out how to use mac roofs.
    Fireworker
    Fireworker
    Why I work with simple 16x16 pixel Tilesets :p
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Another week has gone by. Maybe you made changes to your project/s. Maybe you didn't. Nonetheless, THAT IS NO EXCUSE TO NOT BACK THEM UP O_O!
Told my five year old she couldn't have any more candy as it was nearly bed time. She looked at me and said "Don't you know people die with no food?"
Need Antidote for a cold. x,x
Just bought another dlc off of steam. I'm loving these "POP!" packs :)
Every once in awhile, somebody reminds me events don't normally pass through each other. What's next? Maps with borders? Weirdos. :LZSwink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShellShaded