jupitersdaughter
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• People who won't elaborate when they need help or are looking for a commission/request because they're worried people will steal their ideas confuse me. 
    Reactions: 4 people
    Shaz
    Shaz
    Yes, you have to be a mind reader in order to help people sometimes.
    Dr. Delibird
    Dr. Delibird
    The fact is, if somebody used an idea that I too used in my game but became more successful with it than I, well that just means they did it better than I. Now if somebody directly stole my assets that would be a different story (whether they were made by me or somebody else it doesn't matter) but that is far different than "stealing ideas".
    Would you guys be turned off by a game who's protagonist is a woman in love with another woman? idk if I should change it to be more "acceptable"  :headshake:
    Alexander Amnell
    Alexander Amnell
       I mean...If that were the main premise of the game I wouldn't play it (but that's true of any other romance, not so much of a fan of love simulator games) but just as a part of her character with innocuous scenes (by innocuous I just mean no actual detailed sex scenes. Nothing kills the mood of a show/game faster for me than watching other people screw for some reason) then no, the sexual preference of a character wouldn't bother me assuming it's not a really weird preference like beastiality or pedophilia...in which cases most of us will agree, thankfully, that love is not actually love and hypocrisy be damned. 
    Matseb2611
    Matseb2611
    " Nothing kills the mood of a show/game faster for me than watching other people screw for some reason "

Haha! Same here. I can't stand sex scenes in shows, movies, or games. It's like, I am watching this show for the plot, and not for softcore pr0n. That applies to hetero sex scenes too.
    Dr. Delibird
    Dr. Delibird
    As long as you don't portray it in a negative light, I have zero issue with it. I mean to be fair it would be weird if I wasn't accepting of a game that does this since I am apart of the lgbt+ community x3
    Am I the only one too lazy to fiddle with x and y coordinates so end up just making every image the size and the screen and have it appear at 0,0 ;^;
    jupitersdaughter
    jupitersdaughter
    That's what I thought, too :0 I was kinda okay with a larger file size (most games are huge these days so I wouldn't think it'd matter too much) but low performance isn't something I will tolerate 
    Archeia
    Archeia
    Huge pictures are a problem than their kb. Here's a formula for calculating 32 bit graphics in memory:

4096 * 2048 * 4 + meta-data = 32+ MB 

(Width, Height)

The 32 MB is the size it will appear in memory. And this is just 1 picture.

It gets even worse if image is jpg.
    Archeia
    Archeia
    This is why old programs use BMP despite the crazy high filesize, it's uncompressed but super fast.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.
I'm very excited with DE:VOID! And FYI Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch in development, so please be excited!
The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRenato