Kanori24
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I've been having a bit of a change of heart lately regarding if I'm going to sell the games I make or not. I'll admit, seeing the monetary success of one of my friend's games kind put $s in my eyes. But now, I just feel like they're going to be pure passion projects, and if nobody likes them, at least I won't be at risk of owing refunds.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    I am one of the game developers that makes what I want and based on the size I will make it commercial. I follow the motto "make a niche game a few people will love not make a game appealing to everyone but no one will love." Well that's how remember the quote
    fugahagen
    How is refunding someone a risk? It's not like you refund them before they pay you lol. Its like $100 to publish a game on steam right? Unless you are worried about feeling bad when no one buys your game which statistics say will happen. If going commercial really makes you that uncomfortable then I think you should do it. Pushing your limits will always make you grow.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @fugahagen You'll have to excuse my grammar... it's not a strong skill of mine XD What I kinda meant was I'd hate that it was so disappointing that someone would want it refunded. I'm doing my best to make attractive, fun and interesting games, but even my best may not be enough. Just a bit of anxiety. If you get to know me, you'll know it's a big problem for me.
    Holy crap... Amazon is telling me they won't refund me or replace my order and they need a police report before they will take any further steps. I repeatedly explained the circumstances and that I had absolutely no reason to believe my order was stolen or any crime has been committed. I am quite sure the police won't file a report without any kind of suspicion :\
    Considering I live in an apartment complex and ordered something rather expensive, I started checking the tracking when it was in town. Last night, the tracking showed the carrier vehicle right outside, but I never saw it. Nor did I ever see my package that was 'left in a safe place'. *sigh* Welp, here we go... :\
    kyonides
    kyonides
    Don't you have your carrier's package tracker website?
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @kyonides Of course, but it's not helpful at all. It says it was delivered and 'left in a safe place'. When I went to costumer service about, they said I have to wait 48 hours, to give the package time to actually arrive, before they can do anything about it.
    kyonides
    kyonides
    Safe place = 48 hours to show up...
    I won't post what has just crossed my mind after reading that. :S
    I think I just experienced sleep paralysis or something. I was having a good dream that suddenly ended when the virtual me fell about 30 meters off some structure. Upon impact, I woke up but couldn't move anything. Not even my eyelids or tongue. Finally after about 5 minutes I was able to wiggle my tongue, open my eyes and eventually move my limbs. What the crap? :o
    gstv87
    gstv87
    classic "Brain.exe has stopped working" moment.
    it needed a few minutes to rewire itself.
    kyonides
    kyonides
    That happens when you have watched way too many action movies. :p
    SkipTheWave
    SkipTheWave
    Sounds like sleep paralysis yeah. I've had a couple, they're scary but... honestly I look back on them as a cool memorable experience to talk about, heh.
    A formidable dame has been dispatched to bring back the two defectors of her knighthood.
    4 on 1 hardly seems fair... for the party...

HopeVSAll4BIG.png
    Whew I've been having some serious anxiety issues since I showed my face (or half of it) back there.
    But you know... I'm not like most people... I don't really get the whole 'put a face to the name' thing... I'm really more of a 'let's actually speak' kind of person. BUT I'm also incredibly shameful of my voice, too, sooo... :o
    (please no one create a voice reveal thread)
    Bex
    Bex
    You can do everything, but you do not have to.
    If it makes you feel unwell, than Skip on this one and move forward.

Cheap Microphone and no Sound adjuster makes my Voice terrible too.
    I believe thats why Software for this got invented, i should try and find some of it. Iam terrible with smal talk conversations...
    Edit: The Thread goes on for around 10 Years, never noticed that it exists.
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    Get some offline AI art generator, use the img2img function on your photo, and post it :p
    Avery
    Avery
    I don't see anything you need to be ashamed of.
    Are my maps too 'tight'? I feel like I have the opposite problem of 'too much freespace'.
    In the past, my maps have been criticized for being over-cluttered. I just like to add as much
    detail as possible and fill in empty spaces. Whatcha think?

Temple1.png
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    I like tight maps, as long as I can pass through NPC.
    AssumedPseudonym
    AssumedPseudonym
    My only issue with “tight” maps are ones where roving NPCs are blocking the only way through. I see a few spots on this one where that might be a problem, but my first thought when I saw this was overwhelmingly envy. This is gorgeous, my dude, and I only wish I could map this well.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Thanks for the comments, everyone. Regarding NPCs, The ones that roam are set to 'through' so they won't interfere. So far the only downside I've found is if you want to talk to them, you'll have to hit the use key before they get too close.
    I have begun working on an opening cutscene sequence to replace the 45-second scrolling text. It will be playable to some extent. I don't want to make it 'too' interactive, given the way the actual start of the game works.
    Reactions: Finnuval
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    It's definitely a good idea not to make it too long when you set it up. A 45 second text scroll may seem like a lot, but it gets people into the game quickly, it'll need to be a worthwhile change to make up for a longer intro, and then not be too long of an intro.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @Sword_of_Dusk Right. I've played some games with intro cutscenes/tutorial stages that were too long and withheld the gameplay. As of right now, the cutscene has passed 45 seconds (reading dialogue at my pace), so I've got to be careful with this XD
    Okay... it... izz... COLD. I've never felt anything like that before. I've been in commercial freezers that were warmer.
    But you know what? It'll be back in the 70's (F) next week XD
    That's a heck of a cold front headed my way... not sure it warrants ostentatious titles such as "arctic blast" or "bomb cyclone".
    Reactions: TabletopWeeb
    TabletopWeeb
    TabletopWeeb
    In Illinois, it's been nothing but high winds and powdery snow since this morning, -9°F (-37°F windchill) right now. Not as bad as that ice storm in 2007 but Elliot is still a concern nonetheless. Bundle up with a warm cuppa tea and an RPG! :kaoslp:
    Arthran
    Arthran
    I don't know about bombs and stuff, but it's -8° F (with windchill) where I live right now. For Texas, that's pretty cold.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    The front has taken over, and it's -12°C in Alabama this morning. We lost power for a few minutes aroudn 3:30am (I wake up if my fan stops). So far things aren't too bad here. I feel for the north/north-western states tho. :o
    Not sure if it's appropriate here, but I thought I'd share my latest FO4 character. She's still a work in progress.
    Haven't actually started a playthrough with her yet. Just gathering resources and ideas while slowly shaping her out. Going for a charismatic-intelligent-agile-lucky type.

NoamiProg4small.png
    Reactions: Raggon
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Any mods involved in Naomi's creation? If not, I wasn't aware you could make something so nice in FO4's vanilla character creator.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @Sword_of_Dusk Why yes, of course :D Quite a few, actually. I don't think I could fit them here. Would you like me to send you a PM with links?
    Sword_of_Dusk
    Sword_of_Dusk
    @Kanori24 Yeah, that'd be great. I don't yet have a computer capable of handling FO4, but I intend to upgrade somewhat soonish, and I'd like a idea of where to start if I opt to mod the game.
    Dad: "If you know so much about computers, why don't you work in IT? I'm telling you... you're missing your calling."

Me: Points at errors, crashes, failed loads that absolutely shouldn't be happening since everything reports to be working fine, up to date, and error free. "THAT'S WHY"

I'll stick with commercial driving. Vehicles do what the hell I tell them to without making BS excuses :\
    gstv87
    gstv87
    because IT can't account for the one loose end, the unpredictable factor, the random chance that makes 1 go 0: the end user.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I have one friend who works in IT, and he's always told me that 'googling it' is how he got and keeps his job.
    I'm not against working on computers for a living. What I'm against is working with co-workers who are buggy, unfinished software that fails more often than not :o
    TheoAllen
    TheoAllen
    That is also a common occurrence here. While I can also meme-ing about that, I also understand it's part of teamwork. It's a love-hate relationship. I hate it because sometimes I have to manage a spaghetti code, but I also love that I'm part of a large awesome team and we all cover our flaws.
    Okay so my game opens with a scrolling text intro that lasts about 45 seconds. I synchronized it to the length of the music that plays so that the last line of text leaves the screen as the music fades out. But the consensus is that scrolling texts are a big turn off. So instead, I'll make a quick presentation via tiny cutscenes and see how that works out :p
    Reactions: lianderson
    Trihan
    Trihan
    The problem with scrolling text is that all you're giving the player to do is read it, so you really need to have some amazing writing to grab their attention. It's far better to have some short scenes with action that introduce us to the main players; show rather than tell.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    it was revolutionary in 1979.
    now, it's a waste of time.
    that's why scrolling texts only appear at the end of the end credits.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @Trihan I agree. That and I can't expect the player to just suddenly latch on an be genuinely interested in the story. I'm probably also going to make this little intro playable, so that the player is given an activity right from the get-go.
    *practicing Yomato Man's theme on my guitar*

Sweety: "Aw are you going to serenade me?" <3 <3

See this is how I know I've found my soul mate XD
    I just made a breakthrough in my Battlecore problem where the Abort Battle command wouldn't work after using a Custom Action Sequence skill. It seems that Abort Battle can't be the last command in the event.
    Before, the event was ordered (Dialogue -> Abort Battle). But having the message appear LAST fixed it.
    (Abort Battle -> Dialogue)
    So I picked up Kena: Bridge of Spirits. Gotta say I'm enjoying the heck out of this game! <3
    Few things have the potential to revert me back to asexuality as pressuring me to become a parent when I'm not ready, my partner isn't ready our finances aren't ready, our home's not ready, and quite frankly, the world sucks.
    Honestly, I am close to telling her that she will have to find someone else to make that happen for her :(
    Avery
    Avery
    Paying off debts sounds like something really important, when it comes to having children. If you don't have it yet, maybe try setting some clear goals per month (pay off x, write y applications) and do a turnover every month to see how well you two did. Maybe you can set yourself up kind of a reward system for anything that you saved or earned beyond the usual set goals.
    Avery
    Avery
    If you are able to visualize the progress, it helps a lot. Like having a spreadsheet and see how the amount of debt goes down every month. I don't know about your situation, but maybe you are able to save extra on things like scoring at food sales or reselling things that you don't need anymore - that can go straight in paying off as well, plus a small amount to splurge as reward. And so on.
    Avery
    Avery
    When I needed to loose weight, I put up a board next to my scale and wrote down my weight every so often, and while it was always only a bit, after a few months I could see massive success.
    Okay I didn't let that bug HP bug stop me from enjoying the rest of Fallout 4. Really need to get back to devving, tho...

In other news, mangas I've read/been reading: Spy x Family, Sakumato Days, Hard-Boiled Cop and Dolphin, The Emperor and I
    Reactions: Nenen
    Nenen
    Nenen
    Spy x Family was a surprise to me regarding how much I enjoyed it.

When I read the first one, a freebie on Shonen Jump +, I was actually laughing out loud several times (and while reading at night while everybody else was asleep :rswt ), which I ordinarily never do with most comedies, which usually only get a snort at best.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Yeah it had me lol-ing a lot, too. My favorite part was when Loid had to go 'rescue' Anya from 'the castle' where Franky was acting like the ultimate villain and Loid socked him just to get it all over with :p
    Ugh... as much as I was starting to love the game, I can't play Fallout 4 anymore. The small enemies having insane swings with HP, causing me to be swarmed by bloatflies constanty when they should have been killed. It's like being in a DnD game and the dungeon master says "Well the calculated damage was enough to kill the enemy, but I'm just gonna say they get X more HP so they don't die."
    • Haha
    Reactions: CleanWater
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @Philosophus Vagus WHOA did they really break D.A.R.? You mean for Skyrim Special Edition? If that's true, it didn't affect my build. I blocked updates on SSE a long time ago :o
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Footage of the bug in action.

<div style="padding:56.25% 0 0 0;position:relative;"><iframe src="" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen style="position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;" title="Bloatfly HP Bug"></iframe></div><script src="https://player.vimeo.com/api/player.js"></script>
    gstv87
    gstv87
    @Kanori24 I've recently picked up Underrail, which has huge Fallout vibes, and it suffers from this as well: one run I was sneaking around like a ghost, the other I'm sniffed out by dogs around the corner.
    20% hit chance with a gun, melee range... miss.
    NPCs with 40% chance 5 tiles away, critical hit.
    the player is a 30+ year old dweller of the universe, and a complete inept at everything
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

On today's episode of Procrastinating on Translating my Game by Making Random Upgrades to the Engine:
arbitrary JavaScript expressions inside messages! Why? Because I can xD
RPGMV_2023-01-26_22-40-39.png
I'm looking for medieval style clothes for the character generator, does anyone have?
Decided to build a stat upgrade system, and a area unlock system. Then it's probably upgrading enemy behaviors. :LZSexcite:

And for anybody who wants to watch me do so, here's a link....
Have you gone through a situation where somebody gets desperate about an issue only because they kept ignoring, for quite some time, THE very same solution they were asking for the whole time?
I've crossed that bridge a couple of times already. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmurai