Kanori24
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I'm currently not feeling any enthusiasm about developing my game... or continuing to live :(
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I know situations are different for different people but as someone who also has asperger's I just want to say that kind of existence is not in fact an inevitability. I won't lie and say that you'll ever likely become charismatic (I mean that would probably actually be even more hell) but there are ways to cope, and eventually to carve out a niche for yourself with people that you who respect you.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    I've been there myself, attempted suicide in my late teens then ended up homeless for a while because I couldn't be bothered to try anymore, because I couldn't see a path forward that wasn't terrible. I somehow stumbled upon it eventually anyway. Just because our brains work differently doesn't mean we can't find ways to empathize better, and in that way understand others and our pitfalls a little better.
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    If you ever want to just talk feel free to pm me, maybe I can help add some perspective, maybe I can't. At the very least I can understand and empathize with the root cause because that if nothing else we share, though one thing I've come to terms with throughout life is that all minds work a little differently, neurotypical or otherwise.
    Yet another update on my thumb... if anyone even cares lol (I know a couple of you do) There is no pain at all anymore, and the nail is started to lift up. The only thing that concerns me is the black skin around the nail. But... everyone and their mother says that is normal. I just want this to be over with already >.<
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I must have misread your earlier post because I had the idea that part of your fingertip was coming off! Anyways, I'm glad it sounds like it'll heal well.

It might hurt like the dickens (probablyjust becausemy shoe was pressingagainstit though) if you lose the nail but at least they grow back. I dropped an 8 ft table on my big toe once. That was a load of fun...oh boy. Thanks for the update on your thumb!
    ShiraCheshire
    ShiraCheshire
    Sounds like the nail is going to come off. Don't worry, that's normal with that type of injury and won't be as scary as it sounds. It will grow back. If you let the nail fall off naturally, it shouldn't even hurt (though it may feel sorta weird.) Just make sure to be careful with it until then, as it can catch on things and rip off early which does hurt.
    Reactions: Quexp
    ericv00
    ericv00
    Look forward to the small joy of clipping the replacement nail for the first time! Glad it's nothing more serious.
    • Love
    Reactions: Quexp
    Just finished setting up 3 magic spells through action sequences... RMMZ crashed when I hit 'Apply' on the last one. There went about an hour's worth of work... >.<
    • Sad
    Reactions: Froggo32
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    :rtear: I feel sorry for you...
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    It's okay... a lot of that time was spent just figuring how to make it do what I want it to. So it shouldn't take too long to get it all back
    Froggo32
    Froggo32
    Glad to hear that!
    Ive been working on setting up special attacks today, and finally got Suki to where she is playable.
    I've still got a LOT of spriting to do for her, tho

b3B4up1.png
    Update on the thumb. Painkillers worked. I no longer have persistent pain from it. However, it's looking way worse. I find this is one of those situations where the worse it looks, the better it feels. But seriously... it looks like the tuip of my thumb is about to rot off. Lots of black skin. And I mean 'black', not deep purple. I'm going to a different doctor today to get a second opinion.
    • Wow
    Reactions: RCXDan
    Quexp
    Quexp
    Oh man, I hope it's just really bad bruising and dried blood or something but I'm glad your getting a second opinion. Sorry to read you hurt your thumb. I hope it heals well.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @Quexp Thanks. I wasn't able to get a second opinion today... So is dried blood beneath skin not a bad thing?
    Quexp
    Quexp
    I don't see how bruising and dried blood could be too much of a problem (but I'm no medical expert). I'm just hoping that you don't have nerve damage or dying tissue.

EDIT: After reading your update post, I realized I misread this one. So I wanted to jump back over here to apologize for hinting at the possibility of gangrene in my reply above. Sorry if I caused any anxious thoughts. :(
    Last night I smashed my thumb in my car door, which was painful enough. But the remainder of the night, and the majority of today has been excruciating. I've been dizzied, nauseated, and shaken by the pain all day. I went to the emergency room at noon, and they didn't even drain the blood from beneath the nail. They gave me some wild pain killers, tho...
    I'm an idiot :p I've spent two hours trying to make Akea Animated Battle System 2 work. I configured everything per Holder's guide, but it was having no effect on battles. Turns out I never saved the project after configuring the plugin lol

But since that is out of the way, I'm now getting an error "unexpected token u in JSON at position 0". Crap.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Shaz
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I'm still working against the "unexpected token" error. I've got to run off to work now, but I'll be attacking the problem again when I get home. ;)
    Paradise-Cub
    Paradise-Cub
    Me, but instead I just forgot to turn the plugin back on
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    lol I've done that too. Especially when modding Skyrim XD
    I did it again. I worked too much on my game and ran myself right into a creative block and now I can't even figure out how to draw a single building. Time to play some other games and rest and relax for a bit. Inspiration will hit e soon.
    • Sad
    Reactions: RachelTheSeeker
    48Tentacles
    48Tentacles
    Be careful when you decide to overwork yourself, specially at night. Take a nap. Play a game. Go to the forest or the beach for a walk. Meditate or look at a tree or a deer. Anything can do as long as it's not repetitive. Jaiden might have one or two tips for you. Good luck.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Thanks. Fortunately I live close to a park, I can easily go take a stroll. BUt believe it or not, some good old game music can usually give my creativity a jump start :D
    Well... I over-exerted myself at work earlier, and now my entire body is too sore to do hardly anything. I should really exercise more... >.<
    • Sad
    Reactions: Alador
    ericv00
    ericv00
    Most of us could probably use more exercise, myself certainly included.
    MZ just straight up crashed on me when I went to select a sound effect :o Good thing I had just saved like 10 seconds before!
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Hopefully it was just a random fluke. I'd hate for that to happen after I'd worked an hour on map building or something. I'd lose more than my work... I'd lose me mind too lol
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    Yeah, I pretty obsessively save (every time I leave the database, ever time I'm done with an event, any time I feel like "wow I do not want to redo those last fifteen minutes, etc.) because I know anything from power outage to random crash to suddenly leaving the house can crop up.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    lol Yeah I've had several random 1-second power outages ruin a digital drawing or some other kind of project I'm working on. The last time it happened I lost 2 hours worth of work. I just stared in awe and disbelief as my machine auto-restarted like "No.... no that didn't just happen..." :o
    I've finished (most of) the sprites for two of my main characters, Ashlyn and Lizzabelle. And I've already drawn actual artwork of Lizzabelle and Suki months ago. I can't wait to show some of my stuff. I'm hesitant because their outfits aren't my own original design, which must be changed before I get too serious with this.
    There is a friend I haven't seen in a while... all over the news... he shot and killed someone at his job a few days ago. :o
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

SF_People3_3 added!
index.php

ScreenShot_1_3_2022_1_32_12.png
I feel QSprite for MV is underrated. I basically am able to use my chibi sideview battlers I drew on the maps and have all the motions available. this'll help a lot with cutscenes.
I've figured out how to reasonably tall-ify chibi sprites on my editor. I like that making tall sprites gives me control on expressing how tall characters seem on the field relative to each other as well as better differentiate adult sprites from child sprites.
doing some wacky experimental stuff in MV right now :kaoluv: I cannot wait to drop what I've been working on
Doing RPG Maker News for this week. (January 14th - 20th, 2022)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
000dsdsc