Kanori24
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I posted a couple of weeks ago about making battle a bit more interactive by eventing in the ability to dodge certain attacks. It works. Just had to add a skill point requirement to it so I couldn't be cheesed.

Now I'm working on a parry/counter attack feature. I'll see about getting some footage of this up once I get it polished a little more.
    Mapping a small city block for my short game. I'm starting to get the hang of it. I can be creative, but I'm so slow at it.

IsJI8w6.png
    You know... I thought my body would adapt to the heat at work. But it's doing the opposite. Despite being thoroughly hydrated (at least 5 liters of water per day), I haven't been sweating for the last few days. The result is.. go figure.. heat exhaustion. Dizziness, feeling chills despite it being 40.5°C.. holy crap >.<
    • Sad
    Reactions: Nenen
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Well, hydration is not everything. Sweat needs salt. Also, in order to be able to regulate temperature, your body needs to be well fed and not overly exhausted.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    "being hydrated" doesn't mean "chug water by the gallon".
    you can get hydration by eating mostly-water food in the form of lettuce and fruits.
    which, indirectly, will lighten the blood load towards your intestines since those foods are easy to digest, and then that blood can go elsewhere.
    less blood to pump, means you breathe easier, and make more out of the O2 you do get, so, less exhaustion.
    gstv87
    gstv87
    nutrition under heat is modeled to great effect in Project Zomboid: you take too many calories, you grow fat, you tire up, you can't run, the zombies get you, game over.
    ......and people say games don't teach you anything.
    I've decided to go ahead with a little short game project alongside my main project.
    This one will be about a particularly unlucky lawyer named Murphy. I'll leave it at that for now :p

yjAf0QU.png
    Reactions: CleanWater
    Ninjakillzu
    Ninjakillzu
    It'll start as just a small project, then another is started, then another is started, then a huge project...And before you know it, you've got enough projects to fill a small steam library. *Glances at my 4 side projects and 2 main projects, with more ideas sitting in my brain*
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    lol I totally feel you. Aside from RPG devving, I have multiple other projects I'm trying to divide my time and efforts across. I'm developing a huge mod for Skyrim, learning to play guitar (again), getting back into plastic model building... yeah I don't know how I do it XD
    Using eventing and action sequences, I am giving certain characters the ability to dodge and/or parry attacks from humanoid enemies. They can also break out of grapples. Really trying to spice up battle gameplay.
    I need to have a discussion with the higher-ups at work. I've been assigned the one vehicle with no AC, not even a fan to keep air moving, and we can't move more than 16kmh (if we're even moving). There has been no wind for weeks, and temps are exceeding 37°C. I'm pretty sure I was experiencing heat exhaustion symptoms. >.<
    • Sad
    Reactions: Poryg
    Arthran
    Arthran
    You should notify them in writing, or get some kind of documentation that you notified them. Depending on where you live, there probably aren't any laws requiring them to provide you with A.C., *but* if you do experience some type of injury or health issue as a result, you could possibly hold them liable for it (provided you have the aforementioned proof that you notified them prior).
    Philosophus Vagus
    Philosophus Vagus
    They make these little rechargeable water-cooled ac units you can get for like 50 bucks, not the ideal and won't be as good as a car ac but a workable temp solution, I use one in the lab (lab equipment puts out a lot of heat and the ac is shared with an office so to keep the lab at a comfortable temp in the summer would require freezing the office) and it works well as long as you stay within close proximity to it.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    What really... really ticks me off is the lack of cooperation not from the company, but from the weather. A little wind would be nice. Maybe some cloud coverage, too. But sheesh... we can have the biggest, baddest, everybody take cover storm front headed right for us and *poof* just disappears. :\
    Me: Surely the new image of JWST's deep field won't be as impressive as hub-
    (sees images)
    Me: hubba abub bubuhhubbbub hub buh buh buuhh :o
    (ability to speak destroyed)
    *Yet another thunderstorm approaches*
    Me: Another pest has come to tease me and disap-
    *LIGHTNING STRIKES NEARBY! I fall on my bum*
    Me: "WHOA!!"
    Storm: "For I beheld Satan, as he fell from heaven! LIKE!! LIGHTNIIINNNNG!!"
    Another thunderstorm approaches: *rumble rumble, threatening lightning*
    Me: (looks up at the towering clouds, glares silently)
    Thunderstorm: (unleashes more of its immense power)
    Me: Hmph... so you've chosen death...
    Thunderstorm: (gone)

AW COME ON!!! THIS IS LIKE, THE 7TH DAY IN ROW!!!
    Poryg
    Poryg
    Don't kill me :kaoeh:
    I'm really sorry to have to do this, but I'm going to have to start blocking those who repeatedly put up sexual content and offer absolutely nothing (that I've seen) related to what this community is supposedly created for.
    Don't take it personal. I'm a rape victim with permanent injuries who can never enjoy 'it' ever again, so it's the last thing I want to have put in my face. :(
    Okay wifey found a bug... or something that shouldn't be allowed to happen. She found that a MP restore potion can be given to the anti-magic character who doesn't even have an MP pool. I've already got it to forbid giving it to her, just trying to get the action sequence to behave correctly.
    I spent... 16 hours putting polish on the first 30 minutes of my game so I can have a presentable demo before the weekend is up. I'm gonna have wifey and a few close friends try to destroy it before I release it. Wish me luck @_@
    Thunderstorm approaching: *rumble rumble*

Me: "Hmph... so.. you've come..."

And ONLY me: (adapts fighting stance) "...now show me your TRUE POWER!!!"

*Thunderstorm fizzles out. Sunshine and rainbows.*

Seriously, ONLY ME: "No! Come back! I.. I didn't mean..."
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I've been thrown by the shockwave of a close strike. I pulled up in my car during a storm, tried to get out and run inside. Next thing I know, I saw a bright red flash accompanied by what sounded like a canon firing behind me, and I was going face-first into the wall o_O
    2934c37
    2934c37
    Mang, that's scary. Glad you ok, and not another news story.
    Alador
    Alador
    I read that as *stomach rumble* so maybe I'm just really hungry or that lightning storm has come for your cooking :kaoswt:
    I'm feeling a bit better... I'll change my profile pic back during the weekend... It's been a rough week.
    I'm trying to get a demo game together. If anyone wants to try it, get with me. It should be about 20-25 minutes of playtime. Enough to give you an idea of... my idea :p
    I'ma try to stick around... I love this community too much to leave. I've been hit by a car (not run over), struck by lightning and shot at, so I think I can handle my own stupid emotions. Besides... an even worse problem has arised... (is anyone familiar with dental work... I have questions)
    Jamil24
    Kinda new in the community and your comment was literally the first.
    Well I hope you are alright and i hope you get better soon.
    alice_gristle
    alice_gristle
    I got little clue about what you goin' thru, honey, but we're here for ya. :wub I mean, I know we just a bunch of dorks on the internet, but for what that's worth, you got it! :kaoluv: Imma leave advice on teeth to somebody else tho...
    I... I need to leave for a while... Every time I come on, I'm faced with someone's amazing gender story, while I have to be what I am without representation, along with a tiny percentage of others. It's not you. It's me. I cannot deal with this. I just... can't... :(
    Me: I'll just find some good MegaMan OST rock covers to jam to while I work

3 hours of air drumming later: ....why did I have RMMZ open? o_O
    Classic_Review
    Classic_Review
    That's me to. Energetic music can help you get into the zone, just not the zone you're hoping for.
    BK-tdm
    BK-tdm
    "yo, this song is really good"

On a non meme note you might wanna check GaMetal and ToxicEternity
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @BK-tdm I'vw been a fan and subscriber of them for years :D I just recently discovered the MegaMan cover band THE MEGAS... OMG how did I not know about them?! XD
    Reactions: BK-tdm
    Someone I work with made a rather successful RPG Maker game a few years ago, and it is still selling. I finally gave it a try and... whoa... I've got a few things to learn if I want to make a game of his caliber. I will brag a little, however, and say... my game is more exciting XD
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

senary_concept_art.png
The concept art for the sprite of Senary, a major character in my upcoming (as-of-yet-unnamed) project. She is known as the Timelord because she can "stop time" by making eye contact with a person; Paralyzing them for a short period of time through a type of hypnosis. Tell me what you think about her. I'm thinking of changing the color of her coat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfexplorer