Kanori24
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Rats... I just realized that Visustella's Weapon Animation plugin doesn't allow for more than one weapon sprite to be rendered on screen. That messes up the visuals of my parry system (Ashlyn parries bandits attack by slapping their wrist with her sword, apparently) >.<
    Update: Meeting with the higher ups this morning went smoothly. It was very uncomfortable to tell someone else about, and even less comfortable showing the texts of what was being asked of me.

I have to say... the whole thing's a bit traumatizing... it's... not the first, or second time I've been through this...

:(
    Aoi Ninami
    Aoi Ninami
    I really hope you are okay. It must be a horrible thing to have to go through.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I'm trying my best to hold off any negative emotions, but it's not easy, given how many times I've been through this kind of thing in life. This is just the first and so far only time it's been from another associate at work. Right now, I feel a PTSD episode coming on. I'm trying to work on my game to cope.
    I'm receiving sexually harassing texts from that weird co-worker again. I gave them a firm warning to stop. They didn't. I have a meeting with the boss in the morning :\
    So.... wifey is going to be away visiting family all week. SHE has like 3 weeks of paid vacation available. I'VE got like... none... So I'm home alone... without her... I'm going to cry... I miss my sweety ;(

OR should I just keep my mind busy by staying productive? :p
    So... Mr Bad@$$ racist tried mocking me for wearing my Skyrim mask in our office today. He said "nobody is afraid of that s*** anymore." I asked "What s***?" "Covid" I chuckled. "Two things... 1) That isn't my reason for wearing it. 2) ....it isn't afraid of YOU, either..." Should have seen his face :o
    I haven't been game devving in over a week... I've been spending a lot of time playing Terraria... with mods XD
    RivalRamen_Games
    RivalRamen_Games
    Gotta get that daily dose of Calamity!
    Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go die my daily death to Cryogen!
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    lol I have Calamity in my mod list, but I haven't enabled it yet. I used to have a mod called Tremor, but it doesn't seem to be available or in working order anymore...
    JohnDoeNews
    JohnDoeNews
    Same here, although I play good old skyrim.
    I met one of our new hires yesterday. The only thing he could talk about was all the people he beat up/injured in high school, and all the people he's threatened as an adult. And he as an open, belligerent racist. "You don't have to label me a racist. I'll make sure you know I'm a f-ing racist! And I'll break your neck if you don't like it!"

He was spouting all of this within earshot of our manager...
    So I've been playing Cities Skylines (remember I'm ALWAYS LATE) and there is this one citizen who keeps chirping against my choice to have farmland industry in my city. They're saying I'm gonna take them all back to horse and buggies. I really wish someone would take that guy's phone, and give him a ride around town to see the blossoming technology district.
    • Haha
    Reactions: Alador
    gstv87
    gstv87
    I saw that in Caesar: "Hey, we should have more entertainment". Well, here's a theater for you! "Hey how about a Coliseum?" Fine, here's a Coliseum. "Hey, the city is all filthy, we should have more water services!" Well, go talk to the 600 employees that the damn Coliseum is taking, and have them come back to sewage cleaning! You wanted that Coliseum, so HAVE AT IT!
    I've got about 1.5hrs of play time developed, and I've been asking friends and fam if they'd like to try out a demo and give feedback. Too many of them are telling me "I'll just wait for you to finish it." Guys, in order to make the best game I can, I need feedback and criticism along the way. XD
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @Bex Yeah a couple have said that don't want to have it spoiled. As of right now, I'm just trying to get them to test the first hour, which has very little evolution of the story. I just need them to tell me if the game is attractive and fun to play from the get go XD
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    I also find it impossible to get anyone I know to test my games, my brother's the only exception since he's a gamedev too. I think a lot of people don't want to spend their free time testing things when they can be doing other things.
    KazukiT
    KazukiT
    @cthulhusquid That is quite unfortunate, they probably would be more likely play it if it were "complete". However we can't do that if it's not tested.
    Okay... here is some actual footage of my game (yet to be titled), showing off how Ashlyn will be able to parry or counter certain attacks, or dodge a tackle.

Also, I do not have the music from JKB's MegaManX Corrupted in my game. I was playing the music from his youtube channel and my recorder got it, too. Wasn't expected that but this was the best take XD

Skyrim, Wednesday: I'm stable
    Skyrim, today: Yeah I'm gonna crash every time you try to swap weapons.
    Me: Your loss, honey. I'm gonna go on date with RPG Maker :p
    • Sad
    Reactions: Nenen and Alador
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @kirbwarrior Oh I do. I also make regular backups to critical folders (mainly meshes and textures) just in case something stupid happens like a corrupted mesh or behavior file.
    kirbwarrior
    kirbwarrior
    The real challenge now is to make an rpg in Skyrim. Or Skyrim in RPG Maker.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @kirbwarrior My game references Skyrim a few times and I've tossed in some easter eggs, such as shopkeepers saying "Oh, a bit of this and that..." and a bandit saying "How about ya start running so I can stab ya in the back?" Also one of the characters mentions having an arrow pierce his elbow. I'm sorry XD
    So... at my job... there are two contracted companies. Let's just say 'us/we' and 'them/they'. The facility we work for is industrial, with incredibly strict safety rules. However, 'they' continue to operate in an extremely unsafe manner, blatantly disregarding safety policy out in the open, and they have already been responsible for one injury of mine.

What would you do?
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    OSHA!
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    @RianQuenlin Sorry I was snappy before. I still very stressed. Yes our employer is quite aware, but the problem still remains it is not our company that is behaving so unsafely, and no matter how many times they get 'reported' nothing is being done about it... :(
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Since this is a trucking company that is allowing their drivers to behave so brash an unsafely, I went to... the governing body of transportation. They told me to go to the state body, but they were unreachable. So I guess I will try to bring OSHA in on it.
    I'm starting to get the hang of scripting, finding what I need on the script call reference page, understanding how to read some of the 'code' (?). I don't have a background in programming, but I'm trying to have a future, even if its a dim future.
    Reactions: Lord_Bluffkin
    Classic_Review
    Classic_Review
    Same here. But let me tell you, there never been a better feeling then getting something to work though codeing it by hand.

Like... instant nerd serotonin.
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Yes I agree. I've gotten satisfaction out of many things in life, but having my script work and do what I wanted feels quite good! XD
    So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.
    AphoticAmaranth
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I checked that out, but I don't think it suits my needs. Thank you for the suggestion, tho :)
    I fixed my little itch.io issue... apparently filenames are case-sensitive. After I renamed the file IconSet.png instead of Iconset.png, it worked. I changed it back and forth a few times just to confirm this.

I'm gonna go beat my head against the wall now.
    • Sad
    Reactions: Alador
    cthulhusquid
    cthulhusquid
    Sometimes really simple, but stupid things like this make all the difference. I know your pain!
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Uploaded my short game to itch.io just to see how it works... It doens't. Failed to load IconSet.png it says.
    Yeah okay. Not wasting another second on it. :\
    • Sad
    Reactions: Alador and Nenen
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I've already figured it out. It's me. The website knows it's me trying to experiment. So it blocked my experiment. Just because it was me. Disqualified on the final lap.
    Alador
    Alador
    ngl itch uploading sucks it's really tricky to get it to do what you want
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Honey it's any website for me. Anything. Anywhere. Today has been so full of suicide fuel, I tell ya. But I'm immortal, so life is torture :/
    I WILL defeat this demonic USB connection notification bug
    gstv87
    gstv87
    "The power of IEEE compels you!"
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    *collapses onto all fours* Gagh!! It... it's just too strong... >.<
    Well this is annoying... After unplugging my phone from my computer (or any USB, it gets stuck in an infinite loop of system notifications indicating 'USB connected/USB disconnected'. It won't allow the screen to stay off as long as the notifications keep pooping up, so the battery charge is suffering. :\
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    Yeeeeaaaaaap. :(
    Arthran
    Arthran
    Well that sucks. That solution worked like a champ on my Note 8 (for a slightly different issue).
    Kanori24
    Kanori24
    I just dont understand WHY the toggle switch for USB notifications has to be disabled. Seems like it should be a human right to turn it off. Its there, mocking me. 'Haha you cant turn it off' I mean, would doing so really destroy any hardware or compromise the OS?!
    I posted a couple of weeks ago about making battle a bit more interactive by eventing in the ability to dodge certain attacks. It works. Just had to add a skill point requirement to it so I couldn't be cheesed.

Now I'm working on a parry/counter attack feature. I'll see about getting some footage of this up once I get it polished a little more.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Clarn Hold
(No storylines)
There was a tutorial on how to draw anime eyes. Just draw Among Us. So I tried.
Screenshot_107.jpg
DamageActor3_7.png added!
index.php

Making a "characters first appearance" drawing for my game. Now I just have to finish the sprite art animation for her grand entrance.​
ScreenShot_9_24_2022_7_56_24.png
New area being started today. It leads to one of the games 2 optional bosses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dulichvungtaudl3m