Recent content by Karbonic

1. Karbonic

RMMV Pause Menu Visual Effects

When the game menu is pulled up, two effects are applied to the screen by default. First, a posterization effect is applied, cutting down on the colors shown on screen. Second, what appears to be a gaussian blur is added, further obscuring the screen. You can see an example of this happening...
  2. Karbonic

RMMV Implementation of Color Map Filter with Pixi Filter Controller

Hello! Right now I'm trying to make a custom script to run Pixi.Filters.ColorMapFilter using Tsukimi-Neko's Pixi Filter Controller. Following the guide in that thread, I have made the following script to attempt to run Color Map Filter. var newFilterName = "colormap"...
  3. Karbonic

Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi (MZ version released!)

Hi, I wanted to know how I could implement pixi.colormapfilter into this script. I've got my custom script together, but it doesn't seem to be working. /*: var newFilterName = "colormap"; Filter_Controller.filterNameMap[newFilterName] = PIXI.filters.ColorMapFilter...
  4. Karbonic

Switch Toggle Function?

Both of these solutions work great! I decided to go ahead and combine them together to make the easiest plug and play command I could, here it is. var x = 1 $gameSwitches.setValue(x, !$gameSwitches.value(x)); This way, the switch number only needs to be put manually into the script once, so...
  5. Karbonic

Switch Toggle Function?

Hi! I'm looking for a script command to toggle set switch on and off. Doing so using the normal switch control command would require a conditional branch to check whether it is already on or off, which I'd like to avoid. Basically, I'm looking for an MV equivalent of this VXA solution. I hope...
  6. Karbonic

Pixi Filter Controller - fancy screen effects by pixi (MZ version released!)

Is there a way to incorporate a custom made pixi filter into this plugin? What sort of changes would I have to make to allow this to work?
  7. Karbonic

MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

The full version of MV3D has a full lighting engine, so doing point lights is completely possible, and totally easy on top of that! I'd highly recommend it, as getting the full version will help support the plugin's development in the future!
  8. Karbonic

RMMV Indexed Colors

Thanks, but as I said here While doing it to the original sheets and textures does look a bit better, it doesn't quite look the same as a screen based filter. (it actually leads to an awkward in between where the resolution is high definition but the textures are very crunchy, it looks a bit...
  9. Karbonic

RMMV Indexed Colors

It's good to see another fan of limited palettes. Unfortunately while limiting the pallette of the textures themselves does get a bit closer to the intended effect, it really just isn't the same as a dynamic filter. I'd probably be going for 256 colors on this, I'm not quite sure how the best...
  10. Karbonic

RMMV Indexed Colors

Bumping.
  11. Karbonic

RMMV Indexed Colors

I do want to clarify, I would be willing to pay for the development of a plugin to pull something like this off. It would have to be compatible with MV3D, so keep that in mind. I think it would be possible to pull off as a Pixi.js filter, but I may be wrong. Also, what I mean by indexed color...
  12. Karbonic

RMMV Indexed Colors

I'm looking for a plugin which will allow me to force my game to only use a set color palette, similar to web colors. As an example of what I mean, here's a mockup using my MV3D game: Without indexed Colors With Indexed Colors (You may have to click on the image to see the difference) Is...
  13. Karbonic

RMMV Need help with MogHunter's Chrono Engine

I figured out a bit ago, but I forgot to update the thread. Turns out I accidentally removed the weapons from my characters at some point. A bit embarrassing, but now it's working perfectly! Thanks for the help!
  14. Karbonic

RMMV MOG Char Poses Plugin Commands?

Hi! I'm using MogHunter's Char Poses Plugin, and I was wondering if there are any ways to force a character into a certain pose graphic using Plugin Commands. In the help file, only two plugin commands are defined, enable_charposes and disable_charposes, which are just to turn the plugin on and...
  15. Karbonic

RMMV On-Map Battles?

Yeah, I've been using it for a bit. What I was referring to is the fact that some sound effects are directly coded into the .js file, so you need to manually change them there, which is a bit of a pain but nothing too hard at all. No worries! Everything seems to be moving fairly well right now!

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Kinda hate it everytime reinstall rpg maker because the program refuse to testplay
For every amazing step of the way I make, I find myself in a moment where I feel really stupid for not knowing something. I probably shouldn't though, but still, it sometimes feels more obvious than perhaps it is
Just spent $174 on Shining the Holy Ark on the Saturn. Good lord.
My brain when designing quests:
There is piano, it needs help --> The organ (yes organ now) is missing a component! --> Where the heck am I supposed to put this missing piece!??! --> Add an entire new mini dungeon specifically created to house this new piece. --> Connect this brand new mini dungeon to an already designed dungeon with background information about the town it's found it.

Me: :LZYhuh:
Rising of the Shield Hero!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RPGMVDog