Recent content by Karbonic

1. Karbonic

MV3D - 3D rendering for RMMV with Babylon.js

Are any post process effects (Such as depth of field) possible with Babylon?
  2. Karbonic

Through the use of an "On-Map Battle" plugin, would it be possible to make this plugin work to make 3D battle scenes?
  3. Karbonic

This might be jumping the gun, but I was wondering about the capabilities of Babylon.js. Would it be possible to implement a feature to render and display a 3D model in the same way that RPG Maker handles pictures? I could see this being a huge help in terms of certain scenes. Of course, this...
  4. Karbonic

I know this is only a possible future addition and I don't want to stress you with any extra pressure, but would 3D models imported be able to play animations? I don't know the specific limitations of Babylon.js.
  5. Karbonic

Oh yeah, I also wanted to show what I've done with MV3D real quick. It's not much yet, but I've had a lot of fun constructing scenes with this!
  6. Karbonic

Does anyone have some sort of visual guide to setting up tileset info like slopes and such? I'm having a hard time setting up the notes to make them work properly. Also, just bought the full version, excellent work! Keep it up!
  7. Karbonic

Do you have a trello or a page where we can keep up on your future plans for this plugin? Really interesting stuff, keep up the good work!
  8. Karbonic

Just to make sure, does this program actually utilize true 3D rendering, or is it more based in visual tricks similar to the original Doom games?
  9. Karbonic

"The Hobbit" Fangame - Legal?

Good to know, and certainly troubling. Specifically in the case of the Hobbit, I find it odd that a work can be put into public domain, but then be pulled out of it if a company wishes to take control of the work as a brand. Someone more law literate probably could explain why this would be...
  10. Karbonic

Terrain Tag Problem

Posting again to report that I have found a solution, albeit a bit of a band-aid one. Instead of using this: ($game_player.terrain_tag==3) I have used this: $game_map.terrain_tag($game_player.x + 0.5,$game_player.y + 0.75)==3 Now, for anyone who faces this problem in the future, it's...
  11. Karbonic

"The Hobbit" Fangame - Legal?

The Hobbit as an IP is currently not in the public domain. The original book was written in 1937, which means you'd have to wait until the original copyright expires in 2032 to make any sort of commercial thing from it without receiving a license. However, since you are saying that this will be...
  12. Karbonic

Terrain Tag Problem

It's a possible explanation. Free Movement both enables Pixel Movement as well as changing the player's hitbox from the default 32x32 pixel square to a custom parameter, as you can see in my screenshots with the visible hitboxes. Interestingly, it seems that the engine is still using a single...
  13. Karbonic

Terrain Tag Problem

I have two Parallel Process Events running in the map. This one acts as a basic timer, just running the variables that activate the graphics for the panels as well as the actual check. This is the event that actually checks for the player's terrain tag, which for this panels, is 3. Right now...
  14. Karbonic

Terrain Tag Problem

I use ($game_player.terrain_tag==3) in a conditional branch which is being run by a controller event.
  15. Karbonic

Terrain Tag Problem

I'm currently running into an issue with terrain tags. Right now, I'm working on a timed challenge in my game, DashBored. I'm using GaryCXJk's Free Movement script to have pixel movement. Every second, a series of Electrical panels will turn on, and the game runs a check to see if the player...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

sooo I'm making the music for my game and yeah... prepare for a very non typical rpg ost... I don't even know how to make typical sounding stuff. I can do D&B, hiphop, glitch, and whatnot all day tho lol.
It's interesting that the logic involved in skill range obstructions is also used for Tetris...
Saw a resource and was like "Oh, there was a request for that, I can help that person now!"... turns out, request was nearly two years ago. Welp.
My garbage collection service has the BEST hold music I've ever heard. Sometimes, I legitimately hope to be on hold for more than a few minutes just to hear the song to completion.
Streaming now, maybe it will work this time!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacob0915