kaukusaki's latest activity

• kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to Shaz's comment on KillerGin's profile post with Like Like.
    Because most think it's easy, until they start.
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to bgillisp's comment on KillerGin's profile post with Like Like.
    Its the time commitment. Many underestimate how long it will take to make and finish a game in RPGMaker and then RL gets in the way.
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to ImaginaryVillain's comment on KillerGin's profile post with Like Like.
    Everybody I've tried to get into this folds in 2-3 weeks. Even working within the system with no plugins, it still takes ages to make...
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to Kuro DCupu's comment on KillerGin's profile post with Like Like.
    This is just my opinion. Because RPG Maker looks easy to make, many people fell for it. Later they realize the effort you have to put...
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to KillerGin's comment on KillerGin's profile post with Like Like.
    @Indinera I hear ya, I added a LOT of mechanics.... I kinda went a bit crazy but I wanted to be real proud of my first game. Thanks...
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to KillerGin's status with Like Like.
    4+ years developing this game.... in less than 1 month, it should finally be complete. So many emotions! (Happy, relieved, excited...
  • kaukusaki
    I finally set the release date for my very first game..... Sunday, October 25th. Now the stress, anxiety, excitement, terror, and...
  • kaukusaki
    Yay! Indiexpo reached out to me again for promotional materials. I think this time they may be creating a video! Exciting!
  • kaukusaki
    I FINALLY DID IT! 5 years making my very first game and I just officially released it on STEAM..... OMG..... I can say I finished a...
  • kaukusaki
    I wonder how well Procedural Map generation would work in RPG Maker MZ... Well, only one way to find out! Hehe!
  • kaukusaki
    Shredded the dev fat from the final game. Reduced the final file size from 1.2 Gigs to 730 MB.... awesome!
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to jonthefox's post in the thread Do You Treat HP/MP As "Base Stats"? with Like Like.
    I usually make them independent of each other. I do something like this: HP = your overall defensive ability (how much damage you can...
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to gstv87's post in the thread Do You Treat HP/MP As "Base Stats"? with Like Like.
    I reworked the stats to make HP a function of CON. I calculated it outside of the program with a spreadsheet formula, but the curve...
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki reacted to Frostorm's post in the thread Do You Treat HP/MP As "Base Stats"? with Like Like.
    What I mean is, do you treat MaxHP & MaxMP as a function of another state (i.e. DEF/MDF), or do you treat them as separate, standalone...
  • kaukusaki
    kaukusaki commented on KillerGin's profile post.
    It takes a lot of time and effort, especially as a single dev wearing all the hats (coding graphics music debugging etc). To do so is...

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Made a surprising amount of progress in these past two days. Really helps when parallax mapping breaks limitation and allowing me to be creative and make maps that match my vision.
Let's promote our amazing artists in RPG Maker community! I posted right now about my game Phil Alone on Twitter and I decided to thanks Lime Zu, the amazing artist that did all the pixel assets for my game!
I just realised that the reason behind me not being able to make a game may be the lack of my original resources. I just dont like the look of MV faces and sprites, lol. Guess I will have make my own art.
I'm posting a commission art soon! :kaoswt2:
So here's a fun/tragic fact about me: I have an awful memory. But to be correct, I have memory "leaks". My memory is actually amazing, my issue is I can't keep memories for long, in fact, I once forgot my name. :kaoswt2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoldSilver