Kenen
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• MZ-NES-Status.png

MZ-NES-Battle-Start.png
    8-Bit-RMMZ.png

Trying out the new 8-Bit graphics DLC! Going for a little bit of Final Fantasy 2, Dragon Quest, and Octopath Traveler all in one shot.
    Pasteleptic
    Pasteleptic
    I think the font looks perfect as it is. A lot of people have the wrong idea that pixel graphics should intrinsically make everything else pixelated as a result, which is pretty bad by a design standard. A mixture of things that are pixelated and HQ designs that fit in with the theme are essential to keep the player engaged and interested, as long as the variety makes sense aesthetically.
    BloodletterQ
    BloodletterQ
    Funny enough, Pasteleptic, Crystal Project which uses Time Fantasy with Voxels, has both a smooth font and a pixel font. But it'd be interesting to see if someone can pull off this HD-2D vibe from Octopath Traveler, Triangle Strategy, and Crystal Project with RPG Maker somehow.
    Pasteleptic
    Pasteleptic
    @BloodletterQ I'd love to see that as well. It's very possible, but just thinking about the coding aspect gives me a headache.
    I bought the Nintendo Switch version of Dragon Quest 3 when it was on sale recently, and now I'm afraid I'm completely down the Dragon Quest rabbit hole. :aswt:

mz-dq-Menu.png

mz-dq-menu-gif.gif

I don't think the design of the status window is final, but I'm happy with the progress.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GanSan